Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE MOCK EVOLUTION

This is a Dick inspired thread ~

What are your thoughts on the way Mock has evolved...Do you like it better than you did the day you walked in the door ?...Is it ok with you that it's not all hate, all the time ?...I really am interested in reading your thoughts in regards to this.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I like that it's not all hate all the time. I enjoy reading a good interaction between a few members when they are throwing out funny insults. I do not enjoy the mean and viscious threads that have been here in the past. But this is Mock and I know it's not a nice place most of the time.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

For me, it all comes down to one thing, the no rules factor, I know that the reality is that there are are few rules but, it's nothing I would ever consider doing in the first place so, to me, there are none...I don't like being muzzled, it's uncomfortable & stifling...In here, I don't have to be PC & respectful...I'm entitled to simply be me, in whatever fashion that may be on any given day...That's priceless.
I've been involved with most of the 'mean and vicious' threads that Ramsey is probably referring to, but holy shit we've had some weirdos on here! Moose springs to mind and I do NOT miss his 'mocking' style in the least. The shit he wrote was the polar opposite of what I consider this forum's purpose... wishing someone dead and then going into graphic detail about it isn't intelligent or witty in my opinion, it's just fucking insane.

And need I mention the severe rage, homophobia and racism we all grew to expect from Sinister? The way she treated Zenith was deplorable. I saw very little wit or humor from her.

The majority of the rest of us, now... I think we're a nice blend of pissed off, funny, witty, well-spoken and friendly. It's a fun combination and I'm happy that we've smoothed (no pun intended) out the rough edges. Remember me whining that we needed a place where we could actually have conversations without some asshole ruining the thread? Well, we do now and I'm glad.

It wasn't fun when Moose was here, during that time was the closest I've ever come to leaving but, I couldn't allow him the satisfaction of knowing that...Sin was so angry all the time, filled with rage & hate...I like the state of Mock now, it's just right...It's the first place I come in the morning & the last place I leave at the end of the day...There really is nothing about "her" that I don't like at this point.
Mock is definitely better than it used to be. I think we have weeded out most of the extremists, racists, sexists, and reactionary douchebags.

I actually miss Sinister sometimes because mocking her was like shooting fish in a barrel, I used to think Moose was quite funny until I realised he was actually being serious with all his vicious vitriol.
(11-15-2009, 09:07 AM)Duchess Wrote:

In here, I don't have to be PC & respectful.

What, you mean I've been being nice to all you fucking cockgobblers for nothing?!?!?
Cockgobblers is actually a term of endearment here.
(11-15-2009, 02:32 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: Cockgobblers is actually a term of endearment here.

Have I told you that you are the coolest chick I know?

You are a chick, right?
I like it the way it is now (for what its worth)
I think i may of been one of the last couple of people Sinister let in so i only saw a smidgen of how it used to be, however, you couldn't fail to notice how different things are now compared to when she was here.
The mocking doesn't bother me. I'm big enough and ugly enough to stick up for myself.

I like it here and every one seems pretty genuine.
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
(11-15-2009, 02:35 PM)twisteroo Wrote:
(11-15-2009, 02:32 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: Cockgobblers is actually a term of endearment here.

You are a chick, right?

He/she's not called lumpy for nothing ::dick::

(11-15-2009, 02:35 PM)twisteroo Wrote:
You are a chick, right?

She's a bisexual female.

(sorry, couldn't resist in keeping with the flow of a previous post)
(this post is more appropriate here - I was too late to edit it out of the other thread)

(11-15-2009, 06:38 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Is there any Mocker reading this that thinks Mock should be like what Dick's idea of mocking is ?...Should it be all hate & insults all the time ?...Personally, I enjoy what she has evolved into but, I know that others don't always share my point of view so, I'm curious to know what you think...Maybe I should start a thread about it.

Ironically, I was lying in bed last night, thinking the exact same thing about starting a thread to address that subject.

My thoughts were basically this: Mock has just had a complete facelift. Perhaps it's time to change our Forum Description stuff too? I think that the current text there, is exactly the type of stuff that attracts idiots like Dick. It doesn't really represent who MOCK IS. We are far more sophisticated than a simple 'flame sight'. In fact, I think we are probably unique on the 'net, but that we provide an atmosphere many people would enjoy if they only knew it existed.

Despite the 'Mock' name, I think Mock is more about having complete and utter freedom of expression. The ability to say what you think about anyone without fear of being censored. Sure, you might get your ass handed to you on a plate for it, but no is going to keep you from saying what you feel, for the most part. That's a valuable thing to have, imo, as well as being very liberating and sometimes downright funny as hell. ::bigsmile::
::blink::...........I just shit my pants.
Fug duh kund
Where the hell did that come from ?...28...28...28
(11-15-2009, 03:40 PM)Duchess Wrote: Where the hell did that come from ?...28...28...28

my ass I think...52
Fug duh kund

I don't know why I am finding this so fuckin' amusing , we're talking about shit for godssake & I'm laughing my ass off.
I think he accidentally hit the remote.
Just don't feed him beans 52

I actually have a hard time trying to be hateful to anyone here except for MF and Opie who make it easy because they're pricks.