I would like to take a moment....
Just to say that Stargate Universe kicks all.

Thanks for making me watch it, D.

That is all.
I'm kinda liking it, except for that insipid Senator's daughter.

I thought the sex in another body bit was pretty cool, I can't wait to see where they go with that. Is Lou Diamond Phillips going to take advantage of the beautiful ex-wife? I bet he does!
(11-16-2009, 08:08 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: I'm kinda liking it, except for that insipid Senator's daughter.

I thought the sex in another body bit was pretty cool, I can't wait to see where they go with that. Is Lou Diamond Phillips going to take advantage of the beautiful ex-wife? I bet he does!

::lol::

I loved how he 'woke up' in the middle of the act and was like uhhhh wtf?? ::shut::

Just watched the latest episode on hulu and it was good... these show are damned near movie quality. That's hard to do and even harder to maintain, so I guess we'll see how that plays out.

I haven't really liked the other SG series that have come out. I thought the first movie was ok, but haven't been too impressed otherwise.
Have you noticed the quality UK actors we've been getting on American TV? Robert Carlyle is one of my fave Scottish actors... the other being Kevin McKidd. And I certainly wouldn't refuse Gerard Butler, but he hasn't taken any TV roles lately, so I can't include him. Although I'd really like to.

I was getting seriously hooked on Stargate Atlantis... the alien bad guys really creep me out... but hulu stopped after season 2 or 3 and my netflix queue is really long right now. Oh well.
Do you Fuckers EVER watch regular television?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-16-2009, 08:42 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: Have you noticed the quality UK actors we've been getting on American TV? Robert Carlyle is one of my fave Scottish actors...

I really like him too.

Lumpy Wrote:I was getting seriously hooked on Stargate Atlantis... the alien bad guys really creep me out... but hulu stopped after season 2 or 3 and my netflix queue is really long right now. Oh well.

I haven't watched much of the Atlantis series. I hate to say that it basically bored me. Could be because I just kind of jumped in the middle and saw a random episode or two, I don't know. SG-U just seems much more 'rich' and dramatic.
(11-16-2009, 08:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: Do you Fuckers EVER watch regular television?

No 52
Technically, I don't even watch TV. When they converted, I didn't bother so now I only pick up Spanish speaking channels.
Double post
(11-16-2009, 08:55 PM)Maggot Wrote: Do you Fuckers EVER watch regular television?

Do you mean like Barney Miller and the Twilight Zone? If so then I do occasionally.
So watching television shows on the computer is not the same as watching regular television? ::laughp::
(11-16-2009, 11:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: So watching television shows on the computer is not the same as watching regular television? ::laughp::

Nope! You get a hell of a lot fewer commercials for one thing...
(11-16-2009, 11:27 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:
(11-16-2009, 11:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: So watching television shows on the computer is not the same as watching regular television? ::laughp::

Oh yeah, thats right HULU does not have commercials. Slappy::rotf::
(11-16-2009, 11:45 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(11-16-2009, 11:27 PM)SyberBitch Wrote:

Oh yeah, thats right HULU does not have commercials. Slappy::rotf::

::bigsmile:: Sure it does! But a hell of a lot fewer than network (or cable) TV!
My wife is a big fan of all the Stargate shows, when she talks to me about them I try to go "yeah?", "really?" in all the right places, like she does with me when I talk about football.
Syber, do you ever read the comments on hulu? Most of the people that watch this are completely outraged that there's any sex at all on this show but that one scene in particular has them foaming at the mouths. I guess they were expecting to see Colonel O'Neall making wisecracks while Major Carter pined silently in her heart for him... like we didn't get enough of that after 10 years.

Another one that got outraged comments was the rape scene in Sons of Anarchy... it's finally now being used to further the story, but several people thought it was merely gratuitous sex and violence. Fucking idiots, if they've watched that show at all, they should know it's very well thought out and written.
(11-18-2009, 08:13 AM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: Syber, do you ever read the comments on hulu? Most of the people that watch this are completely outraged that there's any sex at all on this show but that one scene in particular has them foaming at the mouths.

No, I really don't read the hulu comments. That's insane! It's Sci-Fi channel for god's sake. If they're that offended, let them go watch Disney. Here's a big 105 to those pansies.

Lumpy Wrote:Another one that got outraged comments was the rape scene in Sons of Anarchy... it's finally now being used to further the story, but several people thought it was merely gratuitous sex and violence. Fucking idiots, if they've watched that show at all, they should know it's very well thought out and written.

I'm not familiar with that, but I'm sure I wouldn't have had an issue with it. Fucking fundamentalists and their attempts to make everything 'g' rated. Put 'em all in a barrel and sh... errr... ship 'em off to Russia or something... yeah, that's it. =p