Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Duchess!
Did you ever get that bracelet you ordered from ebay? China's got the most fascinating things on sale... I bought this carved "jade" dragon's head... I love shit like this.

Attached Files
.jpg   dragonhead.jpg (Size: 12.34 KB / Downloads: 67)
oooh that's gorgeous
you just reminded me of some erotic netsuke i bought in a key west antique shop. i like the octopus one also    
.jpg   Lot88.jpg (Size: 79.18 KB / Downloads: 73)

God, I know! I've gotten some fantastic artisan stuff from China that I know they don't make nearly enough money on, but I feel I'm sort of helping by at least buying the stuff. They've got some really talented people over there.
(11-26-2009, 12:19 PM)jackboots Wrote: you just reminded me of some erotic netsuke i bought in a key west antique shop. i like the octopus one also

Oh shit, that's giving me a major chubby... is that ivory?
(11-26-2009, 12:21 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 12:19 PM)jackboots Wrote: you just reminded me of some erotic netsuke i bought in a key west antique shop. i like the octopus one also

yes, real netsuke is ivory, old, exquisite and expensive as hell. those were true artists. they are tiny and perfectly rendered.

(11-26-2009, 12:08 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: Did you ever get that bracelet you ordered from ebay?

Hell yeah, quite awhile ago, I bought 3 of them...They are gorgeous & I'm certain I would NEVER get a deal on turquoise here in the states like I did from Asia.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Ivory isn't sold anymore unless they can verify it's before a given time period when it was outlawed, but they still make some awesome stuff from bone.

I'm gonna be some old lady with dusty tchotchkes littering my apartment.
(11-26-2009, 12:25 PM)jackboots Wrote:

yes, real netsuke is ivory, old, exquisite and expensive as hell. those were true artists. they are tiny and perfectly rendered.

You didn't actually answer my question... are THOSE ivory?
You are the only other person beside me who knows how to spell that correctly!

Thanks for not spelling CHACHKIE and instead tchotchkes.
(11-26-2009, 12:36 PM)The Antagonist Wrote: You are the only other person beside me who knows how to spell that correctly!

I had to google it but I refuse to spell things phonetically... like some retard spelled "Eyeful Tower" for god's sake. Oh yeah, I just saw someone actually title a thread "Haysian" instead of Haitian. Dear god.
I had to look it up because I've never heard it before. At least, I don't think I have.

This is probably the only forum that ever makes me look up anything.
(11-26-2009, 01:46 PM)SyberBitch Wrote: This is probably the only forum that ever makes me look up anything.

That speaks volumes about the quality of our members...::bigsmile::
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(11-26-2009, 01:53 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 01:46 PM)SyberBitch Wrote: This is probably the only forum that ever makes me look up anything.

That speaks volumes about the quality of our members...::bigsmile::

(11-26-2009, 12:34 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 12:25 PM)jackboots Wrote:

You didn't actually answer my question... are THOSE ivory?
i thought i did...yes they are ivory. they date back to 17 & 1800s.

(11-26-2009, 01:46 PM)SyberBitch Wrote: I had to look it up because I've never heard it before. At least, I don't think I have.

Strangely, I have a smattering of Yiddish in my dialect which includes a rudimentary idea of spelling... gimme a few years and I'll probably have some old Polish Jewess' accent as well. Oy vey.
(11-26-2009, 05:49 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 01:46 PM)SyberBitch Wrote: I had to look it up because I've never heard it before. At least, I don't think I have.

Strangely, I have a smattering of Yiddish in my dialect which includes a rudimentary idea of spelling... gimme a few years and I'll probably have some old Polish Jewess' accent as well. Oy vey.
::lol::

I probably should be more familiar with yiddish expressions, having spent a significant amount of time growing up in the NJC/NYC area.
(11-26-2009, 12:39 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 12:36 PM)The Antagonist Wrote: You are the only other person beside me who knows how to spell that correctly!

I had to google it but I refuse to spell things phonetically... like some retard spelled "Eyeful Tower" for god's sake. Oh yeah, I just saw someone actually title a thread "Haysian" instead of Haitian. Dear god.

That's those ebonics scholars you're rubbing shoulders with...
Fug duh kund
(11-27-2009, 02:34 AM)Luke Warmwater Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 12:39 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote:

That's those ebonics scholars you're rubbing shoulders with...

Hookt on Fonix werkt 4 Me!
Do you guys buy those trinkets to smoke pot in then or just for the ornamental value.