Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target call cops on breastfeeding mom
I believe Sally knows this lady from another forum.

VideoPhotoA Target store in Harper Woods, Michigan. (Credit: myFOXDetroit.com)
Regular Photo SizeNursing Mom: Target Called the Cops
Updated: Monday, 30 Nov 2009, 7:48 PM EST
Published : Monday, 30 Nov 2009, 7:42 PM EST

By ROOP RAJ
myFOXDetroit.com

HARPER WOODS, Mich. (myFOXDetroit.com) - Jose and Mary Martinez visited a Target store in Harper Woods on Sunday. The mother says she started breast-feeding her child, security said it was illegal, they disagreed, and then the cops were called.

She's a mother of three. The youngest, her four-week-old girl, Raka. Breast-feeding is a daily part of life whether at home or at the store. That's why Mary Martinez was surprised to be stopped at the Target store. She and her husband told this by security: "He said, 'It's against the law. You have to go,'" said Jose Martinez.

Jose, a Detroit police officer, knew it isn't against the law even in the electronics aisle at Target. The couple say it wasn't crowded in that section at the time.

"It wasn't busy. One gentleman came through and... he complained about the prices," said Mary Martinez.

Harper Woods police were called to the scene. They joined Target security talking with the Martinez family until the couple and child left embarrassed.

"I asked one of them if it was indeed illegal maybe in Harper Woods to breast-feed. He said, 'No.' And that was it. We got our stuff together and we left," Jose Martinez said.

FOX 2 contacted Target's corporate headquarters. They tell us they allow mothers to breast-feed in their stores. But, "This specific situation escalated to a point where we were concerned for the safety of our guests, so law enforcement was called. We regret the incident in our store and will continue to provide a shopping environment that respects the needs of all guests, including nursing mothers."

"Forcing me out of the store. Two security guards, the manager or team leader, two officers, they just made a spectacle and a scene. I feel like I can't go to that specific Target anymore," Mary Martinez said.

In addition to talking with the corporate management at Target, we spoke to the manager of the Harper Woods store. She says breast-feeding is certainly not discouraged inside of her store.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Whatever....I like looking at boobies, but not with a kid hanging off of it. But knock yourself out, I just won't look. I don't look at knocked up chicks either, it just don't do anything for me.

Now, what does piss me off is a lot of the stores now have pregnant woman parking. What in the hell is that? Because you laid on your back and spread your legs you get to park closer to the door? I still don't call the cops on anyone just for doing normal stuff though. I mean one time there was this chick pissing by the ice machine at the gas station on a Sunday morning, I just figured that when you gotta go, you gotta go.
Pissing by the ice machine hahahhahaa

If you were 9 months pregnant and you had gained 65lbs, you would want to park close too.
Couldn't this stupid woman figure out her kid's feeding time and hit the store right after? Unless they were at Target for several hours...
Who knows Lumpy. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in public. But she was covered up and you couldn't see what she was doing. I would have left the store or gone back to the car or anywhere more private. But the store didn't have the right to treat her that way. Someone must have complained.
(12-02-2009, 09:07 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Who knows Lumpy. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in public.

We know, we know ... you only breastfeed your boyfriend in private. We get it.
86 112
Hahahaha!
(12-02-2009, 09:12 PM)Middle Finger Wrote:
(12-02-2009, 09:07 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Who knows Lumpy. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that in public.

We know, we know ... you only breastfeed your boyfriend in private. We get it.

Aw Frank, we all know you are jealous because you only get your pillow to suck. But you need to stop being so bitter.
She was a member here too, her name was Dgirl or something like that. She was that pretty hispanic girl that posted her picture here.

I don't have much of an opinion on breast feeding except that I think it's overrated and I don't want to see a fat cunt breastfeeding her 3 year old snot nosed kid out in public. My pediatrician said that formula is equally healthy. He's a Jew named Irvin Landau if you want to call up and debate it.
If I saw this chick pull her titties out I would be obligated to stick a dollar bill in her underwear.

Oh wow...It was DPD Chick...How 'bout that shit, a Mocker made the news...Hahaha
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
How were her tits, nice?
(12-03-2009, 06:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh wow...It was DPD Chick...How 'bout that shit, a Mocker made the news...Hahaha

Does she still post here? I'd really hate for her to read that I think she's stupid.
:;wave::
The tits, someone tell me about the tits.

She hasn't posted at all in recent months but, she does stop in consistantly to read.
(12-03-2009, 07:02 AM)twisteroo Wrote: The tits, someone tell me about the tits.

86 112
(12-03-2009, 06:59 AM)LuMPyPussy Wrote:
(12-03-2009, 06:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Does she still post here? I'd really hate for her to read that I think she's stupid.
:;wave::

She disappeared when I called her to task about only stopping in to interject when we rag on Sinister. How she had to stick up for the inaccuracies about Michigan and it's cops or some shit like that.

But when I bothered to have a facebook account, I noticed her on ol' Sin's friend list on Facebook. That's why I called her to task on her reasons for coming in.

I just don't understand why people are all hung up on women breastfeeding. Everyone goes all "ooh and ahhh" and think it's wonderful when they see animals doing it but they all get disgusted when humans feed their children.
I think it's because people have emotional problems being connected to animals. So things like breastfeeding and evolving from primates disturbs them. People don't see how much they are like sophisticated primates, they want to feel separate from the animal world and not just be another species. So when we see a woman breastfeeding I believe it hits upon that nerve.
86 112

Foals nursing is damn cute, I could watch that everyday, all day...Children nursing should be a private thing, like making out, I don't like seeing that in public either...I just think it's in poor taste, I don't care how "natural" it is.