Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SHARK! (warning-graphic attack photos)
haha i have to have my shark thread! I LOVE THEM!
and i am living the movie JAWS right where it was filmed, what rich irony!
last summer many great white sharks were seen off the beaches here on Cape Cod, the people were afraid, the beaches closed.
well a 15-footer was spotted off the beach a few days ago, and it's the height of tourist season. heh. i am waiting for some tourists to be eaten to complete the scenario. we even have town meetings about the threat like in the movie. 28

all we don't have is Quint and Hooper.

OMG! there are sharks in the ocean! who knew??

Attached Files
.jpg   JAWS1.jpg (Size: 1.38 KB / Downloads: 230)

this baby tiger shark was caught locally.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aww...Poor shark.
Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.
(07-17-2010, 03:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this baby tiger shark was caught locally.

Wow, that's a big "baby", don't want to meet it's momma!!! :O
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(07-18-2010, 12:59 PM)Tommy Tourette Wrote: Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go.

Quint! is that you sweetie? we need you back here on Amity island!

oops...shark ate you. sorry.

Attached Files
.jpg   jawshiresphotos001.jpg (Size: 23.25 KB / Downloads: 212)

400 stitches! poor kid. of course it was a shark, what else could it have been, a crab?

surfers laying on their boards look like big seals from below to sharks. and their hands and feet are dangling in the water. i used to sit on the beach with binoculars when my son was a teen surfing with his buddies.

JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. -- A University of North Florida baseball player who was given more than 400 stitches after being bitten in the surf at Jacksonville Beach will talk to the media Monday afternoon.

Clayton Schulz, a freshman pitcher, said he was bitten by what he thinks was a shark while surfing near Seventh Street South on Friday afternoon.

"It came up and grabbed my foot. Shook it a little bit and let go," Schulz said on the phone Sunday from his hospital room at Shands Jacksonville Medical Center.

"I had a pretty firm grip on my board, so he didn't pull me under or anything, but he let me go when he realized I wasn't what he was looking for," Schulz said.

A surfer nearby heard his cries for help and immediately came to his rescue.

Schulz said doctors put more than 400 stitches in his left foot to repair the damage.

Police have not confirmed whether it was a shark that took a bite out of Schulz's foot. The optimistic player said he hopes to be back on the field later this year.

cueing up the JAWS music....Smiley_emoticons_shocked
my son will be swimming in the lake!

Advisory issued after great white sighting

July 27, 2010
CHATHAM – The Chatham Harbormaster Department issued a warning to mariners and swimmers Tuesday afternoon after a large great white shark was tagged off South Beach and three to four more were seen by a spotter pilot.

In response to great white sharks returning in numbers to Chatham waters, the harbormaster prohibits all beachgoers from swimming within 300 feet – the length of the football field – of observed seals in the water off Chatham.

The town is not closing east-facing beaches at this time, but suggests that people pay attention to what is going on in the water, particularly off South Beach and North Beach Island, and not venture far from shore.

After an hour of patiently tracking a 14-foot great white shark as it approached as close as 100 feet from shore, fisherman Bill Chaprales successfully tagged the first great white of the season Tuesday afternoon.

pic is shark patrol on duty. enjoy your day at the beach.

i wonder if they'll eat the tourists from New Jersey and New York? or spit them out? 39

July 31, 2010 CHATHAM — After a spotter plane observer reported great white sharks swimming near people at South Beach yesterday, officials closed the eastern shore of the beach to swimming.

"There were enough people in the water in close enough proximity to the sharks that we decided the prudent thing to do would be to close the beach," Chatham Harbor Master Stuart Smith said yesterday.

not a shark...but interesting. and very surprising. i dived the Keys my whole life, 'cudas will follow you around, but attacks unheard of. except when thay are landed in a boat, then they lash out. can't blame them. any diver knows not to wear anything shiny and not to float catch bags full of bloody fish around with you. throw that shit on the boat right away.this little girl was feeding the fish bagels. i think the 'cuda mistook her hand for a bagel in the feeding frenzy.

KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - A young girl was attacked by a barracuda during a family snorkeling trip in Key West.

A Miami Children's Hospital spokeswoman says 9-year-old Michelle Casasola underwent six hours of surgery following Sunday's attack. A doctor removed a nerve from the girl's leg and reattached it to her hand. She left the hospital Tuesday with dozens of stitches around her right hand.

During a news conference, Casasola said she was snorkeling when she felt something brush up against her. It took her several moments to realize that a fish was attacking her.

Casasola's mother identified the fish as a barracuda, and the doctor agreed a barracuda was the likely cause of the wounds.

The doctor believes Casasola should be able to regain full use of her right had with therapy.

her hand:

.gif   snorkel.gif (Size: 42.26 KB / Downloads: 166)
.gif   SCUBA.gif (Size: 13.96 KB / Downloads: 166)

sign at one of our local beaches. hahahaha

.gif   th_1546-girl-dive-off-boat-shark-eat.gif (Size: 67.64 KB / Downloads: 157)

This is the amazing moment a scientist got just a little too close to a shark he was trying to photograph - and the deadly predator attempted to eat his camera. Smiley_emoticons_shocked HEY! that's my camera! hahaha

Marine biologist Michael Scholl was documenting great white sharks off Dyer Island in South Africa when the hair-raising incident happened.

Scholl is part of an international team of scientists is building an extraordinary new computer system that can identify every single member of one of the world's most feared predators - the Great White Shark.

click toothy

beaches closed again today...
August 12, 2010

CHATHAM – The sighting of a 14-foot great white shark this morning in Chatham Harbor led to the closure of popular Lighthouse Beach to swimming, a closure that extended throughout the harbor to the Orleans boundary.

Beach and harbor patrols scrambled between 11:30 pm. to noon to get swimmers out of the water, according to Harbormaster Stuart Smith. They also alerted shuttle boat operators who ferry people across the harbor to the barrier beach that divides the harbor from the Atlantic Ocean.

here is JAWS in 30 seconds...17
click and laugh!

JAWS by bunnies

They have closed more beaches this year than I can ever remember.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Don't let it stop you swimming and surfing, Maggit!
i had to laugh, i was out driving a while ago and all these cars from Boston are coming for the weekend with small kayaks on the roof...hahahahahaha...these sharks are 3 times the length. *CHOMP*

Soooo.......When they say 12 sharks were spotted does that mean that 12 people saw a shark?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
fatal attack in Oz yesterday. his board had been bitten in half, and his upper leg shredded. there were seals about, and the man wasn't consumed, but bled out.
a young dad, sad.

Sydney news:

A father-of-two who died after being attacked by a large shark in Western Australia's world famous Margaret River surfing region had recently moved his family to Busselton from the Eastern States.

Dunsborough police Sergeant Craig Anderson said the 31-year-old man was a fly-in, fly-out miner on his last day of leave when he was attacked 300 metres from the South Point surf break south of Cowaramup Bay, near Gracetown.

Police have notified the man's wife and two children, aged seven and two, but would not confirm his identity until his relatives in the East were notified.

Sergeant Anderson said a couple walking on the beach about 8am (WST) saw the man sitting on his board waiting for a wave but when they turned around four minutes later, he had disappeared.

"They just saw the board only and a lot of grey objects around the board," Sergeant Anderson said.

"They've gone down a bit further and seen the fellow face down in the water amongst the rocks."

the victim. poor young guy.

Nicholas Edwards, 31, bled to death after being attacked at South Point at Gracetown, just north of Margaret River at 8.15am.

His wife Melissa tonight asked for privacy as the family, including the couple's children aged seven and two, struggled to come to terms with the tragedy.

a tourist from AZ took these photos this past weekend at one of my favorite Cape beaches, Race Point.
the hapless seal is being eaten by a great white.
but that is what they do, the shark has to eat.

nobody is going swimming. especially the AZ tourists!