Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
how does your garden grow?
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: how does your garden grow?

The vine grows wild here too, LC, I see it growing in the damndest places and it's VERY prolific. If that's what it is, I have some & it's out of control but, I don't care, it covers the arbor, small potting shed & the fence line.

I never considered posting photos that displayed parts of my private life in here but, I'm starting to reconsider that now. Smiley_emoticons_fies

07-25-2010 12:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

thekid65 Offline
Mocker

(07-25-2010 11:48 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:  you can stick the pumpkins (seeds, start in peat pots) in the yard next year, they needn't be in the garden proper and take over.

if you or your wife like cooking, you may want to give herbs a try also. i have always had an area for herbs, and it's nice to just snip off what you want for a recipe. the rest i cut and dry for the winter. they don't need a lot of space.

I'm the decent cook in the family, and I'd love to give a little herb garden a shot (they're way too expensive in the store). Was thinking about a separate little area for that, maybe even just a cheesy little 2x4 wooden box separate from the stone thing. just gotta talk the wifey into tending it Smiley_emoticons_smile

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

07-25-2010 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

with herbs, i start with small plants from nursery. they are not high-maintenance. and do not like wet feet. some people grow them in pots.
i grow sage, rosemary, basil, tarragon, thyme, all the usual. and there is a wealth of information about them online. you'll enjoy cutting the fresh ones for cooking, much more intense flavor than dried stuff in jars.
they are annuals, but i have to say i was surprised as hell i had a sage that survived our deep winter and came back strong.
right before first freeze i cut and put in open paper grocery bags to dry. or tie with string and hang to dry.

click photo to enlarge.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-25-2010 12:22 PM

thekid65 Offline
Mocker

Looks like you have some strawberries in there too. We've got a bunch of them growing also (not in the garden) I love'em, except for the fact that they attract the yellow jackets.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

07-25-2010 01:08 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

(07-25-2010 01:08 PM)thekid65 Wrote:  Looks like you have some strawberries in there too. We've got a bunch of them growing also (not in the garden) I love'em, except for the fact that they attract the yellow jackets.

i have lots of strawberries (that pic is not mine, just an example). they spread out more each year. and each year the squirrels eat every damn one! boogers. i covered them with netting, but it didn't seem to do the trick. i watched the little darlings literally sticking their hands in each plant to get berries.

07-25-2010 01:11 PM

thekid65 Offline
Mocker

You need a couple of cats

07-26-2010 06:43 PM

God
Unregistered

you need a gun that works - it's no good fucking cold, you know.

07-26-2010 07:02 PM
Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch i would never hurt my pet squirrels and chipmunks! you cruel heartless bastards! 37

07-26-2010 07:15 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

now this little fat mousie is funny! he deserves his lunch. Smiley_emoticons_smile

This sneaky mouse has shown an amazing talent for sneaking into a backyard bird feeder to gorge on nuts and oats.

The brazen rodent has made several raids on the hanging feeder in the backyard of keen gardener Noel Blundell's Merseyside home.

On more than one occasion, the three-inch-long field mouse has eaten so much while inside that he became to fat to escape, and Mr Blundell had to free him. ::lol::

Mr Blundell said: 'He is incredible little creature. I'm sure he thinks he's a squirrel.

'I thought I was hallucinating the first time I saw him scurry up the tree trunk and then scamper out on the branch and swing down to get at the bird feeder.

'A couple of times he has gone right inside the feeder, when the level of seed inside has been lower than the feeder hole. Once inside he has gorged himself so much on the bird seeds and got so fat that he could not squeeze back out through the hole.

'I've had to free it a couple of times now, but it keeps coming back. He's even started bringing a friend with him.

07-28-2010 04:24 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

(07-25-2010 11:45 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

I really enjoy the pix you all are posting. It's fun to see that you Mockers have such normal lives. Hahaha!

LC, did the flowers you posted come from a vine? If so, it's called trumpet vine, it comes with yellow flowers too, both have tremendous growth and would easily take over an arbor and any surrounding fence.

you were right about vine Duchess! i emailed an expert. Smiley_emoticons_smile it's considered an invasive nuisance.
their reply:

Linda – That looks like trumpet vine or Campsis radicans. Here is a Google link to check out: http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4DMUS...=en&tab=wi

This vine is, to some, considered a thug, so be sure to read an article on it.

Thank you for contacting the Society!

07-28-2010 05:17 PM

thekid65 Offline
Mocker

Wifey's lilly (I think that's what it is) just went into bloom couple days ago, purdy, eh?

07-28-2010 06:24 PM

God
Unregistered

That is a phenomenal specimen - amazing!

07-29-2010 02:09 PM
Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

an aerial view of the giant mutant pumpkin plant. Smiley_emoticons_shocked
from my upstairs bathroom.

click pic. i wish i could show scale, need to get my giant mutant son in the photos!

these repulsive vine borers are inside the vines and have to be picked out. blech. Smiley_emoticons_kotz

but plants seem very healthy.

07-30-2010 11:57 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

FINALLY! i've been getting ripe tomatoes, they are sooooo yummy right off the vine and warm from the sun. a little salt and that's heaven! :B

Kid, those are day lilies, and come in many colors, oranges and yellows....they are very prolific and will come back in nice big clumps every year! pretty color you have~~

08-01-2010 01:43 PM