Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
how does your garden grow?
(03-03-2020, 03:56 PM)cannongal Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 11:35 AM)Maggot Wrote: Just got my seed catalog yesterday. Brennan seeds, I'm waiting on the heirloom catalog and will probably order some from them too. Does anyone else order seeds?
Not for a few years now.  You don't grow out?

i used to save my seeds but don't anymore. The seeds i do get are for carrots, radishes, sunflower a few flowers for the bees and anything that I just want to try. Tomatoes I get on flats, same with peppers.

I saved the seeds when I had to climb the telephone pole to use the phone at Haleys farm. I really miss that poker playing pig though.  Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I've got to redo my bee patch this year.   Somewhere around 5 or 6 years ago,  I seeded a  10 X 20 ft patch with wildflowers and then just  left it alone.  Last year,  all that came up was milkweed.  Great for monarchs,  not so much for the bees though.  

I belong to a couple of seed swapping groups,  and just did a pack and trade at strawberry banke.  I traded off most of my Roma seed for wild flower seed.
I can't wait to see what you do! Please post pix! Thank you for caring, many people don't understand that we have to protect the bees.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Hey Maggot,  have you ever tried to grow mushrooms?
No I'm afraid of attracting weird life forms. Ernie Preve had a worm farm at the entrance of Bear brook. H was a very strange looking dude and for some reason worms and mushrooms tend to need weird looking dudes to tend them.

So no.
(03-10-2020, 09:03 PM)Maggot Wrote: No I'm afraid of attracting weird life forms. Ernie Preve had a worm farm at the entrance of Bear brook. H was a very strange looking dude and for some reason worms and mushrooms tend to need weird looking dudes to tend them.

So no.
hah hah

The hubs likes shiitake's, but they are so friggin expensive,   I am looking into buying an inoculated log.  The mushroom farm near me had a class last year, but it was on the same weekend as Jerry Jam.
I've always thought that mushrooms could grow like me. Put them in the dark and feed them bullshit, How hard can it be?
(03-10-2020, 09:19 PM)Maggot Wrote: I've always thought that mushrooms could grow like me. Put them in the dark and feed them bullshit, How hard can it be?

That's what I was thinking,  throw it in a rubbermaid tub, in the corner of my basement,  and call it good. 

BTW,  I've seen your pics and you could totally pass for a weird looking dude  hah   Blowing-kisses
einstein or clang weird
(03-11-2020, 11:03 AM)BigMark Wrote: einstein or clang weird
Clang weird. I've always wanted to try shrooms. It's on my bucket list along with try acid again.
it did not go well for me
this reminded me of you

[Image: IrUU34O.jpg]
I've tripped a few times and never had a bad one. I spent the whole time laughing.

I wouldn't trip now. I'm too old for that shit and I'd be worried about dying.
(03-11-2020, 06:26 PM)BigMark Wrote: it did not go well for me
Yeah, I might not try it. I saw this YouTube video right after I posted about trying shrooms.
https://youtu.be/L9PONIHChIE
buying a bunch of cannabis products for my arms today, yes the other one is jacked up too and my ribs hurt.
Ugh bm

I wish I could garden more out here. It is too freaking hot for me.

(03-12-2020, 08:18 AM)BigMark Wrote: buying a bunch of cannabis products for my arms today, yes the other one is jacked up too and my ribs hurt.

Any to smoke?
no cbd oil and marijuana chocolate, took some last night and woke up groggy and real horny.
(03-13-2020, 03:26 PM)BigMark Wrote:  woke up groggy and real horny.

Hello Nurse!
I'm going to try and grow garlic this year.    I  bought a couple of 6 packs from a local greenhouse.   I've got a little 4 X 4 raised bed that I'm going to transfer them to this weekend.