Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
how does your garden grow?
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: how does your garden grow?

I get Heirloom seeds on line this place has a bunch of distributers that sell them.

seeds

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
01-13-2017 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Just harvested our mammoth dill this weekend. Not sure what to plant in it's place? Tomatoes, squash, strawbwerries, pak choy cabbage, celery and bib lettuce are doing nicely. I have some volunteers that came up out of the compost pile, not sure if they're sugar pumpkins, yellow squash or cucumbers but I should find out soon because they bloomed over the weekend.

04-17-2018 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Donovan Offline
Clarified idiot

This spring has been fucked. No digging, no garden, goddamn snow squalls today. And the current GF is spiralling into crazytown as we speak. I swear to god I'm going celibate after this one. Sigh. I really suck at this.

Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
04-17-2018 09:16 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

Got home yesterday to find 7 okra had sprouted. I LOVE me some pickled okra.

04-18-2018 10:37 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I sense a pattern, a spiraling counter clockwise pattern that only the cosmic pinball machine can decipher. But only when the snow stops.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue mating dance.
04-18-2018 10:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(04-18-2018 10:37 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Got home yesterday to find 7 okra had sprouted. I LOVE me some pickled okra.

I still have 5 jars of pickles and 3 jars of grape jelly from last year, that never usually happens.

04-18-2018 10:43 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(04-18-2018 10:43 AM)Maggot Wrote:  
(04-18-2018 10:37 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  Got home yesterday to find 7 okra had sprouted. I LOVE me some pickled okra.

I still have 5 jars of pickles and 3 jars of grape jelly from last year, that never usually happens.
I'm a pickle fiend. There's a bottle of pickled peppers in the back of my fridge right now because the lil woman threatened to break my fingers if I touched it. hah I dusted the other two jars she made in a day.

04-18-2018 11:01 AM

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(04-18-2018 11:01 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  
(04-18-2018 10:43 AM)Maggot Wrote:  

I'm a pickle fiend. There's a bottle of pickled peppers in the back of my fridge right now because the lil woman threatened to break my fingers if I touched it. hah I dusted the other two jars she made in a day.

I'm a pickle fiend too. I was at a flea market last weekend and saw a jar of pickles with a sticker that said $1.00. My first thought was "A dollar for a whole jar of pickles! SOLD!" Turns out it was a food vendor selling the pickles for a dollar each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
04-18-2018 05:57 PM

sally Away
sally

There's a guy at the flea market here that makes his own pickles in big barrels, he has about thirty different kinds. My favorites are the ghost pepper and the ranchero. That's the only reason I ever go to the flea market.

He has olives and pickled peppers too. Next time I'm there I'm going to mention to him that he should do pickled okra.

04-18-2018 06:05 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

I've never eaten a pickled pepper but if I ever did I would ask if Peter Piper picked & pickled them.

04-18-2018 08:53 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I love pickles and most any pickled vegetables -- especially carrots, cucumbers and peppers.

Still haven't tried pickled pigs feet though and not sure I ever will.

I like pork and I've eaten plenty of foods that are weird to a lot of people. But, pickled pigs feet just make me thing of a drunken pig dancing around on its tip-toes; not a treat I'd like to eat.

04-19-2018 12:59 AM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

[Image: CkwXQXCW0AAKWg9.jpg]

04-19-2018 01:29 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(04-18-2018 06:05 PM)sally Wrote:  There's a guy at the flea market here that makes his own pickles in big barrels, he has about thirty different kinds. My favorites are the ghost pepper and the ranchero. That's the only reason I ever go to the flea market.

He has olives and pickled peppers too. Next time I'm there I'm going to mention to him that he should do pickled okra.
Easily one of my favorites. Especially if they're good and hot and about the size of your pinky finger. When I buy pickled cucumbers, I buy them by the gallon and dump a few tablespoons of red pepper, about 3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped) and a fresh jalapeno (cut in half) into the brine and let them sit for at least a week in the fridge. I got some yesterday and also added a few sprigs of fresh dill since we have about 3 lbs of it. It won't do much for the flavor but it's kinda pretty to look at.

04-19-2018 09:19 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(04-19-2018 01:29 AM)BigMark Wrote:  [Image: CkwXQXCW0AAKWg9.jpg]
Yes please? I usually put a few beet slices in my pickled eggs. It lets you know how deep the brine got absorbed and also... kinda pretty to look at.

04-19-2018 09:22 AM