Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
how does your garden grow?
Bug 
what are you growing? have some photos? any gardening tips?
here are a few pics from this morning. you can see the pumpkin plant that is growing like kudzu and taking over the back yard. the leaves are about 18 inches across! they have pretty squash blossoms that my Italian Grandmother always used to fry, they are delicious! and a baby pumpkin that will be a jack-o-lantern in a few months! baby apples too. green now, will go red later. i have macs and granny smiths.
the frilly stuff are asparagus fronds...you leave them up to re-seed for next year. i grow many herbs also, my sage is monstrous! i love fresh herbs and dry many to over-winter and use in cooking. you have to stuff your chicken or turkey with sage! and your lamb with rosemary. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i am trying lavender this year, i love the scent!

That pumpkin plant is friggin' awesome in its awesomeness.Hahaha...It looks fantastic.

Wish I had a pallet of brick sitting in my backyard...Just looking at yours gives me inspiration for a project.
you would notice that pile of bricks! haha Smiley_emoticons_slash

i picked some lovely cucumbers today, and last week ate some sugar-snap peas just-picked, delicious. my strawberry plants are naked, the squirrels got them all. the little boogers. [Image: e7l7dk.gif]
here are some peppers and my giant sage.

Does that chunky groundhog still come around ? ::lol::

That made me think about Maggot & his chipmunks.::angry::
oh yes, lardbutt the groundhog is always lurking. there are deer tracks in the garden daily. and i have several pet chipmunks, the little cuties! 75 i buy them peanuts. they are not afraid of me or my son and will approach us. maggot is a cruel murderer of innocent chipmunks.

.jpg   lardbutt.jpg (Size: 22.26 KB / Downloads: 180)

ah lavender! what a gorgeous field of lavender in Somerset, England.

does anyone know what these are? they are growing wild here.

click for enlarged pic.

We bought our new joint in June 09, wifey was jacked as she'd finally get to try her hand @ gardening (veggies, in particular). Had the perfect spot for it but needed some work.

Here's what we started with:

[Image: 64200236.png]

This year, we had a two-tiered stone garden box built

[Image: dsc00837pz.jpg]

After the first plant (tomatoes, corn, peas, peppers, radishes, carrots, cantaloupe) Scuse the feathers for the bird lovers, cat fucking nails a few every week.

[Image: e37319a989.jpg]

And just taken today. Corn is kicking ass, peas have been plucked.. and everything else is doing well, cept for the peppers. Guess she's gotta read up on how to properly grow those.

[Image: dsc00927mg.jpg]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

your garden is so attractive and neat Kid! beautiful, and a lot of work i know! i hope you'll keep showing us here how it progresses, and your harvest when it's time!
haha my garden is so messy, with a pumpkin plant that threatens to eat cape cod. i was teasing my son yesterday that he can sit in the pumpkin patch with his blanket halloween night and wait for the Great Pumpkin. he's 6'5".

anyway, your garden is lovely!

It's not "mine" sweetheart...it's all about the wifey on this one. All I did was run the drip irrigation lines to the plants, which seems to have worked quite well. She does all the tending, picking, and weeding. This is her first attempt at doing one, and I'm quite proud of her, and the results. Forgot to mention that she also planted taters, and they were fucking outstanding (those little red small ones), I think we got about 10 lbs worth.

The daughter really wanted to try a pumpkin, but we werent sure if we had the room for one of those plants....we'll see how the smaller cantaloupe plant works, and maybe pumpkin next year.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

I really enjoy the pix you all are posting. It's fun to see that you Mockers have such normal lives. Hahaha!

LC, did the flowers you posted come from a vine? If so, it's called trumpet vine, it comes with yellow flowers too, both have tremendous growth and would easily take over an arbor and any surrounding fence.
you can stick the pumpkins (seeds, start in peat pots) in the yard next year, they needn't be in the garden proper and take over.

if you or your wife like cooking, you may want to give herbs a try also. i have always had an area for herbs, and it's nice to just snip off what you want for a recipe. the rest i cut and dry for the winter. they don't need a lot of space.

(07-25-2010, 11:45 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I really enjoy the pix you all are posting. It's fun to see that you Mockers have such normal lives. Hahaha!

LC, did the flowers you posted come from a vine? If so, it's called trumpet vine, it comes with yellow flowers too, both have tremendous growth and would easily take over an arbor and any surrounding fence.

thanks Duchess! i don't know if they came from a vine, my son said they were growing on side of the road. maybe he lied and they were growing in someone's yard! i'll have to ask him. Smiley_emoticons_shocked

because this area is old, there may be plants that were once cultivated but now wild.

The vine grows wild here too, LC, I see it growing in the damndest places and it's VERY prolific. If that's what it is, I have some & it's out of control but, I don't care, it covers the arbor, small potting shed & the fence line.

I never considered posting photos that displayed parts of my private life in here but, I'm starting to reconsider that now. Smiley_emoticons_fies
(07-25-2010, 11:48 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: you can stick the pumpkins (seeds, start in peat pots) in the yard next year, they needn't be in the garden proper and take over.

if you or your wife like cooking, you may want to give herbs a try also. i have always had an area for herbs, and it's nice to just snip off what you want for a recipe. the rest i cut and dry for the winter. they don't need a lot of space.

I'm the decent cook in the family, and I'd love to give a little herb garden a shot (they're way too expensive in the store). Was thinking about a separate little area for that, maybe even just a cheesy little 2x4 wooden box separate from the stone thing. just gotta talk the wifey into tending it Smiley_emoticons_smile

with herbs, i start with small plants from nursery. they are not high-maintenance. and do not like wet feet. some people grow them in pots.
i grow sage, rosemary, basil, tarragon, thyme, all the usual. and there is a wealth of information about them online. you'll enjoy cutting the fresh ones for cooking, much more intense flavor than dried stuff in jars.
they are annuals, but i have to say i was surprised as hell i had a sage that survived our deep winter and came back strong.
right before first freeze i cut and put in open paper grocery bags to dry. or tie with string and hang to dry.

click photo to enlarge.

Looks like you have some strawberries in there too. We've got a bunch of them growing also (not in the garden) I love'em, except for the fact that they attract the yellow jackets.

(07-25-2010, 01:08 PM)thekid65 Wrote: Looks like you have some strawberries in there too. We've got a bunch of them growing also (not in the garden) I love'em, except for the fact that they attract the yellow jackets.

i have lots of strawberries (that pic is not mine, just an example). they spread out more each year. and each year the squirrels eat every damn one! boogers. i covered them with netting, but it didn't seem to do the trick. i watched the little darlings literally sticking their hands in each plant to get berries.

You need a couple of cats