Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PRETTY FUCKIN' HOT
(07-05-2016, 03:41 PM)sally Wrote: The last time I was there they had about 15 different types of oysters that they have flown in from around the country and they give you a menu that describes where they came from and the flavor profile. I was hoping to enjoy my oysters while reading about them, but I didn't have any time for that because they're pricey and unfortunately we had the kids with us who were going after them like vultures. Even the four year old was sucking them down like candy.
Yeah, I've done that in many places in the US. I prefer the larger, warm water oysters over the smaller cold water oysters. The cold water have distinctive "flavors" to them that to me seem like a not so fresh oyster. I never got sick from any of them, but I think the word they used was "briney." I don't care for the "briney" oysters.
They had a huge oyster and I forgot where it was from, but that one was my least favorite. The damn thing looked like it had pumping veins running through it. It certainly wasn't for the faint of heart. My favorite was one that tasted like cucumbers, I think it was from NC.

I've been eating warm water gulf oysters all my life too and have never gotten sick. I take it as an indicator that my liver is still good.
(07-05-2016, 05:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm not crazy about oysters but I do like clams. Nom Nom Nom

I was gonna say the exact same thing and it would have been so much filthier.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Well thank Christ she beat you to it. I don't think anyone particularly wants to hear about your filthy clam digging.
I am a very enthusiastic clam digger. Eat em up yum.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Smiley_emoticons_smile
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Back to "hot", it's going to hit "95" or more today here! oh joy! 64
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It's pretty fuckin' hot on the East Coast. The kind of hot where even the tar is sticky and you can see the heat radiating up off the blacktop. My sunglasses fogged up every time I stepped out of the car. It's not fit for man nor beast out there.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(07-06-2016, 12:35 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It's pretty fuckin' hot on the East Coast. The kind of hot where even the tar is sticky and you can see the heat radiating up off the blacktop. My sunglasses fogged up every time I stepped out of the car. It's not fit for man nor beast out there.
103 here yesterday, but not much humidity. It's higher than normal at about 27% due to the recent storms, but in the shade, you can listen to the rustle of a cool breeze making it's way through the leaves and beans of the mesquites. It's hot, but it's not pure hell.
The heat and humidity have been knocking me on my ass every afternoon for an hour or two, I feel like an old man nodding off on the couch.
(07-06-2016, 01:12 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: 103 here yesterday, but not much humidity. It's higher than normal at about 27% due to the recent storms, but in the shade, you can listen to the rustle of a cool breeze making it's way through the leaves and beans of the mesquites. It's hot, but it's not pure hell.

You said you'll be in Orlando soon so I just wanted to welcome you to hell. It hasn't rained, but if it does then you'll be in something beyond the depths of hell.
N.E. weather is bipolar one day its 98 the next day its 68.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-09-2016, 10:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: N.E. weather is bipolar one day its 98 the next day its 68.

Yep 68 was great yesterday, lots of yard work got done!
(except now sore as hell, over did it on the cool dayhah)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I like the Fall the best my meds don't sweat out and I feel better.