Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MOVIES
[Image: babf93211b6d45a6b25665ac329de4a5.jpg]

Found this article on Dimewars.com I think she looks very sharp! Have not seen her act ever.

Robin Wright - Actress Robin Wright was refreshing at the premiere of "The Conspirator" wearing a white tailored Julien Macdonald skinny pant suit. Robin was on hand in New York City at The Museum of Modern Art with her "The Conspirator" co-stars at the film's premiere. The film tells the story of the only female co-conspirator charged in the Abraham Lincoln assassination and the first woman to be hanged by the United States federal government. Robin mentioned the toughest part of filming was wearing corsets; “I will never put on a corset again. I vow to never wear one again.” “That was the toughest part of the role, wearing that in the 100-degree heat on the set.”

It is refreshing for Robin Wright to make a splash in the news since her ex-husband Sean Penn has been stealing all the spotlight. Earlier this week US Weekly reported that Sean Penn and young starlet Scarlett Johansson moved in together.

It appears at least for now that Robin Wright is winning.

Wonderful Movie! I thought Robert Redford Director did a grand job.

James McAvoy in his role excellent and Robin Wright was great in her role.

The DVD comes with a Documentary lots of wonderful tid-bits in it we didn't know - this DVD would be a fine gift.

the 2011 Jane Eyre is out on DVD now, i ordered one for my twin nieces who love the romantic stuff, and one for me. it's an old chestnut, but i never tire of any English Lit.

edit to add. this movie was AWFUL.

[Image: 518UU%2B5EmkL.jpg]

review on amazon:
Charlotte Brontë's Victorian romance is no stranger to the silver screen, but Sin Nombre director Cary Fukunaga's affecting and beautifully mounted adaptation is among the best. Sometimes, casting can make all the difference. In this case, Australia's Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) plays the determined Jane Eyre opposite Ireland's Michael Fassbender (Fish Tank) as the world-weary Edward Rochester (neither actor betrays their country of origin). Fukunaga begins with Jane's escape from Rochester's High Gothic Thornfield Hall before flashing back to the days when the plainspoken orphan lived with her cruel and resentful aunt (an unsympathetic Sally Hawkins). The aunt ships her off to a loveless charity school, where she still manages to receive a fine education, after which she lands a position as governess for Rochester's ward, Adèle. Though his housekeeper (Dame Judi Dench, excellent) makes Jane feel welcome, the brooding Rochester attempts to mock and demean her, but the quick-witted 19-year-old can hold her own. What might offend a more superficial man intrigues her employer (played by a gent more handsome than the author intended). Sparks fly, but he expresses greater interest in a local beauty. Just as Jane finally pierces Rochester's armor, she discovers his terrible secret, and hits the road. She meets a kindly missionary (Jamie Bell) and his sweet sisters, who offer her the family she never had, before a sequence of well-plotted developments allow Jane to forge her own future. For once, no one can stop her, making for a swoon-worthy, if bittersweet conclusion.

wow this is a silent movie! but it really looks good to me. i loved some of the old silent films and the stars~"Greed", "Birth of a Nation", Jolson etc. [Image: movie-theater.gif]

starts in theaters 11/25, PG-13
trailer:

http://weinsteinco.com/sites/the-artist/

Hollywood, 1927: As silent movie star George Valentin wonders if the arrival of talking pictures will cause him to fade into oblivion, he sparks with Peppy Miller, a young dancer set for a big break.

Not only is “The Artist” one of the best films of the year, it is also one of the most unique and beautiful films of the past decade.

Sure it’s a silent film -- and black and white to boot -- but you’ll love the “The Artist” because it’s made up of the best movie ingredients like classic Busby Berkeley-styled dance numbers, car chases, sword fights, epic and sweeping romantic scenes and Chaplin-esque slapstick moments, all neatly tied together in one delightful, simple story with one of the best film finales in recent years.Directed by Michel Hazanavicius (“OSS 117”) “The Artist" elegantly shows the rise and fall of silent movies and silent movie star George Valentin. Valentin accidentally makes a star out of female fan Peppy Miller, and we are taken on a wild tour of fame and celebrity and old Hollywood movie making as Peppy quickly rises to fame in talking pictures and George is left behind as an artifact of a bygone era.

[Image: the-artist-movie-poster.jpg]

Let's see, some favorites of mine, in no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption
True Grit (original)
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid
A Few Good Men
The Patriot
Aliens
Godfather I & II
Gladiator
Dances With Wolves
Bull Durham
Christmas Vacation
Top Gun
Trading Places
Dragonfly
Eye of the Needle
The Shining
The Ring
Groundhog Day
Last of the Mohicans
Hitch
Rush Hour I & II
Ace Ventura (When Nature Calls)
Liar, Liar
(12-21-2011, 06:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Let's see, some favorites of mine, in no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption
True Grit (original)
A Few Good Men
The Patriot
Aliens
Godfather I & II
Gladiator
Dances With Wolves
Bull Durham
Christmas Vacation
Top Gun
Trading Places
Dragonfly
Eye of the Needle
The Shining
The Ring
Groundhog Day
Last of the Mohicans
Hitch
Rush Hour I & II
Liar, Liar

Goodness! All of your picks are $5 WalMart dvds! It's shameful that I would know this.
(12-21-2011, 06:18 PM)Sterling Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 06:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Let's see, some favorites of mine, in no particular order:

Shawshank Redemption
True Grit (original)
A Few Good Men
The Patriot
Aliens
Godfather I & II
Gladiator
Dances With Wolves
Bull Durham
Christmas Vacation
Top Gun
Trading Places
Dragonfly
Eye of the Needle
The Shining
The Ring
Groundhog Day
Last of the Mohicans
Hitch
Rush Hour I & II
Liar, Liar

Goodness! All of your picks are $5 WalMart dvds! It's shameful that I would know this.

What can I say, I have cheap taste!

BTW, with the advent of Netflix and On Demand Movies, DVD's are not very relevant these days.
Disney animation fans may like the new re-issue of Lady and the Tramp.

i look for excuses to buy some of these old classics.
you can loan me your kids for a few days. hah

[Image: 512GVCKZ9YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

[Image: lady-and-the-tramp.jpg]

Saw "Safe House" last night. Wow. From the second you sit down until it's over, it's fast moving. Really good flick. Ryan Reynolds is absolutely ADORABLE and of course Denzel s always great. You guys need to check it out.
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
"Life is a House" with Keven Cline was really good (a few years old) and I really liked "Prince of Tides" too...
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3
this new Adam Sandler movie is coming out June 15.

my son is an extra in it, wedding reception scene at yacht club. he had a blast being on the set for a few days. i hope i'll be able to spot him when i get the DVD.

http://www.thatsmyboy-movie.com/

http://www.adamsandler.com

We watched two of my very old favorites over the Memorial Day weekend. Dog Day Afternoon with Al Pacino and Twelve Angry Men with Henry Fonda. Both great character flicks.
(05-31-2012, 04:58 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: this new Adam Sandler movie is coming out June 15.

my son is an extra in it, wedding reception scene at yacht club. he had a blast being on the set for a few days. i hope i'll be able to spot him when i get the DVD.

http://www.thatsmyboy-movie.com/

http://www.adamsandler.com

That's so cool, LC. Now, I wanna see it. Is it the oldest or youngest son? I'd watch it to get a glimpse of either (great looking guys). Hope you can spot him!
youngest, very tall, they were all dressed up. he had too much fun, but doesn't think he got much camera time. hah it was a great experience anyway.

Falling down

michael Douglass only good film.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(05-31-2012, 06:23 PM)ESAD Wrote: Falling down

There are so many great scenes in this movie it's hard to count.

Not only have I never seen it, I've never heard of it. Kinda irrelevant anyway, I can never sit still long enough to watch a film.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-31-2012, 09:30 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 06:23 PM)ESAD Wrote: Falling down

There are so many great scenes in this movie it's hard to count.

+1
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(06-01-2012, 07:19 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Not only have I never seen it, I've never heard of it. Kinda irrelevant anyway, I can never sit still long enough to watch a film.

it's awsome high octane thriller.

(08-15-2011, 04:15 PM)NightOwl Wrote: [Image: babf93211b6d45a6b25665ac329de4a5.jpg]

Found this article on Dimewars.com I think she looks very sharp! Have not seen her act ever.

You've never seen The Princess Bride? Or Forrest Gump? She was in both of those.