Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MOVIES
Clang did you see Star Wars, is it any good?
(12-24-2017, 03:27 PM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote:
(12-24-2017, 02:56 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 02:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What does an afternoon at the theater cost these days? I'm assuming you bought them drinks and snacks.

$21 for 1 ticket and $80 for dinner for two at World of Beer before the movie.
Merry Christmas Mr. McFly.
Would that $21 be for an IMAX movie?

Yep IMAX 3D movie.
(12-24-2017, 03:49 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: Clang did you see Star Wars, is it any good?

Its the best one yet.

Still not as good as the original, non special edition, unaltered trilogy though.
I hope so hard that no caregivers call in sick again tonight; same shit every holiday season. I can't pull anymore overnights along with the office and client visits; fucking spent. And...........I'm having some wine.

My niece likes the time and a half and can't tell me she's sick when she's not, so she's working away tonight with her clients.

Anyway, she mentioned that she wanted to see 'The Shape of Water', so I got us tickets for the dinner/movie deal at the Alamo Drafthouse for Wednesday night (we're both working tomorrow, so it'll be our belated Christmas celebration).

[Image: the-shape-of-water-trailer-01-320x180.jpg]

She likes video games and fantasy movies and stuff like that way more than I do. But, it looks pretty interesting and entertaining.
(12-24-2017, 11:45 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anyway, she mentioned that she wanted to see 'The Shape of Water', so I got us tickets for the dinner/movie deal at the Alamo Drafthouse for Wednesday night (we're both working tomorrow, so it'll be our belated Christmas celebration).

Did you like this film, HotD? I haven't seen it but I just read a synopsis of it and I thought it sounded intriguing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It was pretty good. My niece liked it a little better than I did, but I was really dragging that night. It was definitely a beautiful film in terms of the cinematography and the story was intriguing and suspenseful.
[Image: Black_Panther_film_poster.jpg]

I'm not much of a Superhero or comic fan, but Black Panther is supposed to be really good and it's kicking ass at the movie theaters.

The movie earned a $201.8 million Fri-Sun weekend and will earn an estimated $235m over the Fri-Mon holiday.

Anyone seen it yet?

On a side note, the Democrats are working to get around voter suppression strategies by having registration booths at the theaters playing the movie. That's smart.
Black Panther kicked a lot of ass, I'm not a fan but it was damn good. Solid writing, solid acting and even the tech was not overwhelming.

3d is still a waste though.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(02-19-2018, 06:03 PM)Donovan Wrote: Black Panther kicked a lot of ass, I'm not a fan but it was damn good. Solid writing, solid acting and even the tech was not overwhelming.

3d is still a waste though.

Thanks Donovan. It's playing at the Alamo Drafthouse by my house this week. I'm hoping to take my niece to see it.

There are a couple of 3D showings on the schedule, but the cinema is mostly showing the standard version. I'd rather skip the 3D deal too.
3d is just overrated in my opinion. At best it's a momentary novelty, at worst it feels like movies shoehorn in odd angles and set pieces strictly to make 3d look cool.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Still haven't seen 'Black Panther', but it's broken all kinds of records. Soon.

We caught 'Get Out' on HBO last night though.

I really liked it a lot -- great combination of horror, comedy and social commentary.
(04-23-2018, 12:46 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Still haven't seen 'Black Panther', but it's broken all kinds of records. Soon.

We caught 'Get Out' on HBO last night though.

I really liked it a lot -- great combination of horror, comedy and social commentary.

Black Panther was awesome. WAKANDA FOREVER!

You need to see it before Avengers: Infinity War which comes out this weekend. Which I plan to see along with Super Troopers 2.

I need to see Spider-Man: Homecoming before this weekend.
(01-24-2018, 01:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It was pretty good. My niece liked it a little better than I did, but I was really dragging that night. It was definitely a beautiful film in terms of the cinematography and the story was intriguing and suspenseful.
I've heard mixed reviews about this one. I'm a del Toro fan, but the bad review I read was regarding the writing. Apparently the fish boy thing didn't fly for a lot of folks. Your take on the writing HoTD? On the other hand I heard A Quiet Place was amazing. Anybody seen that one yet?
(04-24-2018, 09:47 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I've heard mixed reviews about this one. I'm a del Toro fan, but the bad review I read was regarding the writing. Apparently the fish boy thing didn't fly for a lot of folks. Your take on the writing HoTD? On the other hand I heard A Quiet Place was amazing. Anybody seen that one yet?

I thought it was well-written. But, I get what the reviewer you read was getting at.

I think people who are able to suspend reality completely probably enjoyed the love story part of the film more than others of us.

What I liked most about the movie was the suspense and the beautiful cinematography. It really pulls you into the story.

I'd like to watch it again when I'm not so spent as I was when we saw it, though I'm sure it's one movie that makes a bigger impact on the theater screen.
(04-24-2018, 10:22 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 09:47 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I've heard mixed reviews about this one. I'm a del Toro fan, but the bad review I read was regarding the writing. Apparently the fish boy thing didn't fly for a lot of folks. Your take on the writing HoTD? On the other hand I heard A Quiet Place was amazing. Anybody seen that one yet?

I thought it was well-written. But, I get what the reviewer you read was getting at.

I think people who are able to suspend reality completely probably enjoyed the love story part of the film more than others of us.

What I liked most about the movie was the suspense and the beautiful cinematography. It really pulls you into the story.

I'd like to watch it again when I'm not so spent as I was when we saw it, though I'm sure it's one movie that makes a bigger impact on the theater screen.
That's pretty much del Toro to a T. Thanks HoTD.
(04-23-2018, 06:01 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Infinity War which comes out this weekend. Which I plan to see

Did you like this movie, Clang? I just read it made 1 BILLION dollars in 11 days. Woooo.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-05-2018, 04:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 06:01 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Infinity War which comes out this weekend. Which I plan to see

Did you like this movie, Clang? I just read it made 1 BILLION dollars in 11 days. Woooo.

Yes. Despite seeing some spoilers when the movie had been out less than a week, I enjoyed watching it Friday night.
Guess who this young buck is.

[Image: 72f08b2eb8107a6b9f3e3db3eb64fda1.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
You?
The Duke!