Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Believe In God?
So, Do You Believe In God?

Not me, but God, you know... God! ... God!

Whatever you know him by, or not, let's hear it!
(Screw Yourselves, Feminist's and Sympathiser's; it's always been a He - quit crying into your tampons and get over it.)

In this free-for-all thread, usual forum rules apply, the admin (me) has the same status as regular members so no worries about upsetting me - as if that was ever the case! -, no personal real-life threats and no-fucking-whinging to the Owner that you've been told that your God doesn't exist just like Santa - cos if you do, we'll just post it here and give our members a laugh - sad bastards they are!

To kick off I'll copy a post I made earlier that I reckoned could turn into it's own thread (thanks to kid65 Smiley_emoticons_fies ) - here it is:

=====

You have the choice to believe - or not!
(As you knew that anyway!)

Personally I believe in a Creator or Creator that may or may not be meta-physical or indeed physical.
Also, I believe that Creator(s) may or may not be aware of us, in the possible infinite possibilities of what may be inside or outside our Universe.

I don't distinguish between any concept of God -
like I said before it's people that are the fanatics, every major religion and denomination within.

My own personal problems with Creationism are: what is it that our Universe is expanding into and
what was at the core of the the 'Big Bang', why then, and other questions surrounding that.

I also believe that we are created never to understand fully our existence,
but to go about doing what it is we were programmed to do, whether you choose to call it nature or not.

I do think that the String Theory has a lot going for it.
(that took me years to begin to appreciate it, and even now I struggle deeply with it)
Even the eminent physicist and thinker, Stephen Hawking, believes in the concept of God,
but then he does have his chips stacked to one side, doesn't he? ::lol::

fwiw I chose the Christian/Jewish avatar as that was my upbringing.

Yeah, I believe in God. I'm an original Catholic school girl, educated by nuns while wearing my navy blue uniform.

One of my closest confidants is a nun I have known almost my whole life. She's a professor now at my alma mater. She was just a young novice at my grade school when we first met.
If that don't get new members, I don't know what will!

::lol:: You asked.
i believe in God. and i also like the teachings of some other beliefs.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   yinyang.jpg (Size: 1 KB / Downloads: 58)

If by God you mean intelligent design as opposed to order from kaos then ya I believe in God.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Oh, come on, LC, which God, and why?

Which God(s) don't you believe in? Wanna throw stones at him/them?

How far do your feminist principles dictate your beliefs?

Dig, Gurl, Dig! 39

You, too, Imadick, one sentence answers ain't enough rope to hang onto!

(Not Duchess' - she blew the only fuse I had left in my brain! :O ) 115

I believe in St. Frances too...Me being an animal lover probably plays a role in that.
I spent 20 years of life teaching the Christian Bible, When life itself (the death of my wife) and the reaction from the "Christians" which had occupied the pews and with piety and feigned Love for a God whom they proclaimed as the "way" brought forth evil and greed as a fruit.

It was that day when I realised that "God" as a way of life and a director of actions was more myth than reality , while the world around us shows that Intelligence was involved in the formation and order of creation is unquestionable, the true relationship of the God of the Christian Bible is created by man and subject only to mans accountability.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Wow ! I NEVER expected anything like that from you, Dick.

I'm sorry about your wife. 72
(07-31-2010, 08:20 AM)IMaDick Wrote: ... "Christians" which had occupied the pews and with piety and feigned Love for a God whom they proclaimed as the "way" brought forth evil and greed as a fruit.

... the formation and order of creation is unquestionable, the true relationship of the God of the Christian Bible is created by man and subject only to mans accountability.

Yes, the various houses of religious worship have sought to control its members from their very inception. For me, true belief comes from within, without fear and without favour.
Fear of what? and what exactly do you mean by favor? do you think that all gods exist? or do you just pick and choose which Dogma to follow?

IMHO once you have applied a dogma a firm belief then you have become controlled by that "religion" even if only in part, and what you end up with is a patch work of belief that mingles and intermixes to become a kaotic, unsustainable,false "religion" of your own creation at that point you would be more honest if you called yourself an agnostic or an atheist.

your post is completely devoid of information .
John Adams

It's a starting point! What do you want? A fucking thesis? 105

But it doesn't stop you being right! :B

I agree with what you say, but religions offer an off-the-shelf package for those too dumb to work it out themselves.

But the clue is in the name, if you are a member of something then you are, indeed, controlled somewhat -
except the members here who are a fucking independent bunch!
(07-31-2010, 07:57 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm an original Catholic school girl, educated by nuns while wearing my navy blue uniform.

While that sounds hot, I would have preferred to have read "I'm an original Catholic school girl, spanked by nuns while wearing my short plaid skirt with white thigh-highs".

Back to the topic though after that momentary discussion of fantasy. I believe "God" is an perception created by man based his own fears of death, and his inability to explain natural occurrences that happened 1000's of years ago.

We don't want to die, we want to believe that when death occurs, that there is something afterward....we want to "live" forever. And let's face it, our scientific knowledge when the Bible was written was jack shit. A lot of natural occurrences happened which at the time could not be explained..so it had to be an act of "God".

As to the Bible, I believe it was based on events happening at the time, however as it was written by man, it was also embellished by man. I do believe that Jesus existed, and the he was probably a great man that did for the Jews, what MLK did for the black man. But as to the "miracles", nah...didnt happen.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Hey kid, do you think you can come with some more superficial bullshit? you contradicted yourself no less than 3 times.
John Adams

I'm about ready to change your moniker from insignificant shitstain on the triple-dub to leg humper. Do explain the so-called contradictions, eh?
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(07-31-2010, 09:29 AM)thekid65 Wrote: While that sounds hot, I would have preferred to have read "I'm an original Catholic school girl, spanked by nuns while wearing my short plaid skirt with white thigh-highs".

I'm an original Catholic school girl, spanked by nuns while wearing my short plaid skirt with white thigh-highs...27
::lol::

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-31-2010, 10:16 AM)thekid65 Wrote: I'm about ready to change your moniker from insignificant shitstain on the triple-dub to leg humper. Do explain the so-called contradictions, eh?

Tell you what dipshit, you explain how what you wrote can not be seen as contradictory by those who read it.
'
John Adams

(07-31-2010, 12:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-31-2010, 09:29 AM)thekid65 Wrote: While that sounds hot, I would have preferred to have read "I'm an original Catholic school girl, spanked by nuns while wearing my short plaid skirt with white thigh-highs".

I'm an original Catholic school girl, spanked by nuns while wearing my short plaid skirt with white thigh-highs...27

BOOOM!

That's my head fucked completely now....