Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do You Believe In God?
god is in the same league as jack and the beanstalk....just fucking fairy tales.
Fug duh kund
No, I used to be a believer years ago, then I reached the age of reason and critical and logical thinking (14), then I realised a belief in God/God's was the inability by many people to accept their own ego's and an answer to their natural fear of death.

I think you should be allowed to believe whatever you want, but I don't want to hear about it, I never preach Atheism so please don't preach the teachings of which ever imaginary friend you choose to believe in to me thanks.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
I believe in God as much as I do aliens or ghosts, I have no proof if they exsist or not. If God does exsist then he's probally just the best part of us all and all we need to do is be the best person we can be that is humanly possible. Thats about it, no religion bullshit needed.
One of the best things I've read about the subject of ancient beliefs was just today;

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/SivertsenH1.php

The problem isn't faith, it's religion. Religion is the business of faith and it has been prostituted in order to make money for the few. Ancient religions made far more sense and allowed a great deal of individual variation in beliefs.

There is a higher power but it's not "God" and it's not knowable. Science is just as much bullshit and belief as religion except that science can produce neat little magic tricks we need to live and be comfortable. Science can no more provide real answers to important questions than your local pastor but at least it's a path. Rather than religion or science it is must better to simply acknowledge our deep ignorance and tolerate as much as we can.

Me? Well I've seen "Heathers" and have studied the ancient beliefs so I picture God as "Hthr" (Hathor)(or maybe Heather) who was actually just a water collection device to make mastabas (tombs for men). Of course there are many Gods and they each live so long as someone believes. There's even a God of Backgammon and if you stay on his good side you'll throw lots of double sixes when you need them. The trick is to try not to complain and count your blessings. When you're killing people and stacking their bodies the Gods are not happy. They also probably don't like stupidity and vanity.

It's OK to take back the words of faith from religion and I pray we all do.
I agree it's a fascinating subject - and eloquently put.

However, I cannot help but object to your comment:

(08-09-2010, 06:31 PM)cladking Wrote: Ancient religions made far more sense and allowed a great deal of individual variation in beliefs.

This really is crazy. Ancient religions allowed the lucky few to exercise power of life and death, command whole life-times and life-styles of their peoples and any 'variation' of belief was dealt with severely. We know this from Ancient manuscripts.

Surely you cannot believe your (earlier?) premise? Was that crap spouted from the programme you just watched?
(08-09-2010, 06:40 PM)God Wrote: I agree it's a fascinating subject - and eloquently put.

However, I cannot help but object to your comment:

(08-09-2010, 06:31 PM)cladking Wrote: Ancient religions made far more sense and allowed a great deal of individual variation in beliefs.

This really is crazy. Ancient religions allowed the lucky few to exercise power of life and death, command whole life-times and life-styles of their peoples and any 'variation' of belief was dealt with severely. We know this from Ancient manuscripts.

Surely you cannot believe your (earlier?) premise? Was that crap spouted from the programme you just watched?

Yes, the rich, powerful, and well born walked all over everyone just like modern day America but they didn't do it in the name of religion mostly. Apparently the priests were well taken care of as well but these weren't religious positions like they are now. These guys didn't go out and try to convert people but did the nuts and bolts work of trying to understand nature. This meant reading, copying, and writing books as well as observing what went on. The Egyptian word for "God" was "neter" and this might be the origin of the word nature.

I don't believe that people were crucified for their beliefs until after religion became big business. Before that many people may not have even taken the Gods all that seriously yet no one was offended. Everyone still used the same terminology even though beliefs varied somewhat. In Egypt each city sponsored a different God and it seemed perfectly natural (or neteral).
You are seriously fucking misinformed.

Just read up on Ancient Aztec culture - that happened way before the Ancient Greeks.
You will find many, if not all, of your points above are invalid.
(08-09-2010, 11:47 PM)God Wrote: You are seriously fucking misinformed.

Just read up on Ancient Aztec culture - that happened way before the Ancient Greeks.

I was really thinking of the Egyptians and the old world moreso than the new world. Of course there was killing everywhere but it wasn't based on people having different beliefs. Conflicts arose where different people came into contact but this was natural where there are limited resources and too many people. It wasn't different beliefs that determined conflicts but something more akin to clan or tribal ties. Even the Aztecs didn't kill people for no reason as I understand it but did so to placate the Gods. This might be a fine distinction but it is a distinction. If you're getting your heart carved out it might not matter much whether it's for God or religion.

I'm coming to believe the world enterred a dark age in 2200 BC and has yet to emerge from it. This might not have directly affected the new world though.
your earlier post about idiots, minimal evidence and nuclear bombs comes to mind -

when will you get it in your head that dissenters have always been killed to maintain the status quo?
they were the ones that were 'sacrificed' - not your vestal virgins
There may be a God, and I have no idea if there is one, or many ... all I can say for sure is that I've never witnessed any real evidence of any.
86 112

You are talking out of your fucking arse again bitch.

Cladking has forgotten more than you know about ancient civilisations especially the ancient Egyptians.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(08-11-2010, 12:04 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

You are talking out of your fucking arse again bitch.

Cladking has forgotten more than you know about ancient civilisations especially the ancient Egyptians.

Says the guy who licks his own balls and arse..dogbreath :rofl:

I don't mind if you want to sniff clad's butt to show you are the submissive sort and your allegiances aren't worth a bag of dog litter. Yawn

Seriously, mock me and I'll applaud you, but ingratiational stupidity like yours really is the stuff made of vomit.
There is one word which justifies the irrational behavior of those involved with organized religion today.

"mono-theism" had the ancient beliefs continued with multiple gods and human deities as an established rule many of the problems we see today would not have had the opportunity to occur

Once a mono theistic society took root irregardless of the one god being worshipped then also did we see religious death become necessary as a way of uplifting a single God and expanding for control of the wealth which a single god could produce through the enslavement of those whom were devoured and captured by the story which ever story that might be.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

As a very small child & made anxious by loud thunderstorms, my Mom would tell me it was God bowling. I believed her. 50
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I don't quite understand why such a big deal is made in regards to religion. I don't care who others worship or even if they worship at all. I don't pay attention to how people live their lives when I'm left alone to live mine. I really couldn't care any less than I do about other peoples business. I'm shallow that way, I just don't give a fuck what people are doing or how they do it as long as it doesn't involve me.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Really? Guess what a person cannot escape the bounds of religion anywhere in our society or any other society, it makes no difference where you live or how you live you live under the influence of religion in some way.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Clad coins are real! :nono:..............I think. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-11-2010, 12:04 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Cladking has forgotten more than you know about ancient civilisations especially the ancient Egyptians.

No. No. This is most probably not true.

I never really studied any history in an organized way before I got interested in the Egyptians four years ago. I've always been interested in history but only to the degree it's interconnected so I knew more about technological advancements and philosophy related to such advancements than any nuts and bolts facts.

Really even with the Egypt stuff I'm primarily considered a crackpot. Oh, I've read everything and have a pretty good idea of what was going on (I think) but I'm entirely at odds with mainstream thought on every single subject as it applies to the great pyramids and their builders.

I think I'm onto something but it doesn't count till someone proves it.
(08-11-2010, 09:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: Clad coins are real! :nono:..............I think. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Bravo!!! Well said. Notworthy
Actually what I'm doing in egyptology ties in very closely with this subject.

I started out just wanting to know how the hell they built the damn pyramids. It's obvious to anyone who's ever played with blocks or tinkertoys that they sure as fuck didn't use ramps to lift 2 12 million stones a tenth of a mile straight up into the sky. Yet egyptologists seemn to hate to think very much so they just assumed they used ramps and went from there.

There weren't any ramps. It's a simple absurdity to cover up what your building and to haul stones up mile long ramps. How would they ever even come up with such nonsense. Well, much to my surprise I discovered some very strange things. They used counterweights and the builders said they used cool effervescent water named Osiris for ballast. They said that CO2 fell from Osiris to the desert below.

Of course they were describing a cold water geyser. But this isn't where it gets weird. Their philosophy is based on this process and it is the underlying basis for all western religions. The oddest part is that Genesis appears to come right from Giza and Egypt. The Great Pyramid is the big X that marks the spot of the Garden of Eden probably. It gets weirder yet.