Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Annoying Celebrities
She is doing it to get attention for herself, anything else she is saying is a cover. It's another 'look at me, look at me' situation.
As far as her not being a good business woman, I'll let you argue your point against Forbes and Madonna's $1 billion net worth driven by self-developed tour plans and high yielding franchise investments, aussie. Got get 'em!

Seems to me, if it were true that any moron who was willing to stomp on heads could accumulate a $1 billion net worth, there'd be a lot more billionaire morons in the world.

P.s. yeah, I know you're an "expert" and a true "musician" and based on your previous posts on the subject, Madonna wouldn't be either because she's always been image/video conscious and made money off her music. No need to restate that brilliant insight again as it's irrelevant to her marketing and business acumen.
(03-21-2014, 05:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Got get 'em!

Ramsey, is that you?

Oh it's a massive machine now HoTD. That is everyone else's talent not her own. I do not have the expertise in big business, but if my business was growing I would certainly hire the best. Does not mean I am the best? No way.

You are hilarious, you see something on face value and come up with an argument to fit in with what you see. You and I clearly look at success through different lenses.
(03-21-2014, 05:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:

Ramsey, is that you?

Oh it's a massive machine now HoTD. That is everyone else's talent not her own. I do not have the expertise in big business, but if my business was growing I would certainly hire the best. Does not mean I am the best? No way.

You are hilarious, you see something on face value and come up with an argument to fit in with what you see. You and I clearly look at success through different lenses.

Yes, it's Ramsey posting as HOTD, aussie. Can't put anything over on you! And, I think you've got our roles reversed when it comes to making "face value generalizations", aussie. That's your territory.

When someone sets goals and they achieve those goals, that's success for them. I don't try to deny anyone their successes or diminish them by saying that they don't meet my "success" standards. In Madonna's case, the goals were to achieve super-stardom and build a global brand. Those goals were achieved; success. IMO.

Madonna put the wheels in motion to turn those dreams into realities when she was unheard of, and she continues to be the driver of many of her creative and business investments. If you think she, her large team and staff (or "machine" if you wanna call them such), and the entertainment business/marketing analysts are all lying about her role and leadership and you insist that you somehow know differently, that's fine.

Anyway, even if she weren't the driver and instead was simply stellar when it comes to screening and surrounding herself with the best, I'd still consider her a successful businessperson. Smart hiring and effective delegation are signs of good leadership; this I know from experience.

P.s. I don't consider Madonna a friend or like a family member, and she's never been one of my favorites. Mine is just an objective opinion.
(03-21-2014, 07:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 05:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:

Ramsey, is that you?

Yes, it's Ramsey posting as HOTD, aussie. Can't put anything over on you! And, I think you've got our roles reversed when it comes to making "face value generalizations", aussie. That's your territory.

When someone sets goals and they achieve those goals, that's success for them. I don't try to deny anyone their successes or diminish them by saying that they don't meet my "success" standards. In Madonna's case, the goals were to achieve super-stardom and build a global brand. Those goals were achieved; success. IMO.

Madonna put the wheels in motion to turn those dreams into realities when she was unheard of, and she continues to be the driver of many of her creative and business investments. If you think she, her large team and staff (or "machine" if you wanna call them such), and the entertainment business/marketing analysts are all lying about her role and leadership and you insist that you somehow know differently, that's fine.

Anyway, even if she weren't the driver and instead was simply stellar when it comes to screening and surrounding herself with the best, I'd still consider her a successful businessperson. Smart hiring and effective delegation are signs of good leadership; this I know from experience.

P.s. I don't consider Madonna a friend or like a family member, and she's never been one of my favorites. Mine is just an objective opinion.

I remember actually watching Madonna's first apperance on Dick Clark's "American Bandstand" TV show. He asked her want she wanted to do with her career, and she said "she wanted to rule the world". I laughed, as I'm sure many others did. Well, she certainly made good on her promise.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

[Image: ryh.jpg]

With all that money I would think she could dress better.
[Image: 1185466_10152339780959402_1552970759_n.jpg]

Laughing at all the haters out there who spend their energy trying to limit and label me with their prejudices and fears! Take your evil tongue and eye and turn them into birds that fly! Don't waste precious time. Spend it on things you love! #rebelheart #artforfreedom

I guess she knew you were coming, Zero, she tweeted this ^ earlier today (your time)...

That's the thing I've always admired about Madonna; her foresight. She always seemed to know what her market wanted and when and how to give it to them. Or not..
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(03-30-2014, 05:44 PM)crash Wrote: Laughing at all the haters out there who spend their energy trying to limit and label me with their prejudices and fears! Take your evil tongue and eye and turn them into birds that fly!

That kinda reminded me of Maytee. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Because she is getting old she says looks aren't everything. But years ago it was. Funny how people change like that.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I think it's because so many people associate getting old/er with losing their looks. Everyone wants to look nice, to be beautiful & desired. Not everyone believes you can have that when you're older but you can.
(03-30-2014, 05:44 PM)crash Wrote: I guess she knew you were coming, Zero

That's the thing I've always admired about Madonna; her foresight. She always seemed to know what her market wanted and when and how to give it to them. Or not..

Crash, you're right. I don't hate Madonna I was just offering an obsevation about how she was dressed. I guess her appearence could have been worse.

[Image: hfkh.jpg]
Travel with a life-size free standing cardboard poster of Mae West and you will always look young and beautiful

[Image: KHKJGH.jpg]

........Maybe Not
(03-21-2014, 05:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: As far as her not being a good business woman, I'll let you argue your point against Forbes and Madonna's $1 billion net worth driven by self-developed tour plans and high yielding franchise investments, aussie.

P.s. yeah, I know you're an "expert" and a true "musician" and based on your previous posts on the subject, Madonna wouldn't be either because she's always been image/video conscious and made money off her music. No need to restate that brilliant insight again as it's irrelevant to her marketing and business acumen.

(03-21-2014, 05:53 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: That is everyone else's talent not her own. I do not have the expertise in big business, but if my business was growing I would certainly hire the best.

You and I clearly look at success through different lenses.

Consider hiring Madonna, Aussie. She's the best.

Her professional, cultural and financial success is legendary.

Besides . . . she, too, is a single mom with a non-white kid.

I'm getting the envy vibe from Aussie's words.

Don't be a hater.

That makes Joel and Jesus sad.
(03-30-2014, 05:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: Because she is getting old she says looks aren't everything. But years ago it was. Funny how people change like that.

I understand that change in priorities.

Over time, "appearances" have increasingly held less value to me -- in regards to myself, other people, politics, appliances...just about everything.

It's not that appearances don't matter at all to me, or that I don't appreciate people and things that are visually pleasing. And, I still put forth reasonable effort to be attractive and care about how I look.

It's just that "looks" factor much less into my overall assessments than they did say 20 years ago because experience has taught me that some of the most interesting and worthwhile attributes lie beneath surface level. IDK. Maybe that kind of evolution or change in perspective is natural for people who value wisdom and aren't trying to turn back time?

That's some ass. Guess who.

[Image: o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-570.jpg?6]
That has to be KK's ass. She really should not be wearing a thong.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(04-08-2014, 11:14 AM)ramseycat Wrote: That has to be KK's ass. She really should not be wearing a thong.

Yup, that's her. I think the purpose of the thong is to showcase her asset.

hah
Who is the kid behind her and why is she just sitting there like that with her big ass in his face?

He's a photographer & they are on a photo shoot.