Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
DEATH ROW--death penalty in America
ARKANSAS

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- After nearly a dozen years without an execution, Arkansas is racing to put eight men to death next month over a 10-day period.

The unprecedented timetable is made necessary because the state’s supply of potassium chloride, one of the three ingredients in the lethal injection, will soon expire, state officials say.

If carried out, the executions beginning April 17 would make Arkansas the first state to execute this many inmates in such a short time since the death penalty was reinstated by the Supreme Court in 1976.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arkansas-wil...-in-april/
Going Old-School

Since Europe refused to continue supplying the U.S. with the drugs which are key to the lethal injection cocktail a couple of years back, many death-penalty states have been struggling to carry out executions.

Arkansas is the first state I've heard about planning mass executions while they've got some in supply though.

Three other states have simply elected to go old-school execution to avoid the problem.

Oklahoma reintroduced the gas chamber, Utah the firing squad and Tennessee the electric chair in response to a nationwide scarcity of lethal injection drugs for death row inmates.

Mississippi may become the fourth. Mississippi lawmakers want to bring back the firing squad, electric chair and gas chamber as execution methods, but for a different reason. State legislator Andy Gipson said he introduced House Bill 638 in response to lawsuits filed by “liberal, left-wing radicals” challenging the use of lethal injection drugs as cruel and unusual punishment.

Ref: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/10/mis...ethod.html
16 men!
Like you at band camp.
^ Proving once again why you're Mock's Worst Troll, Biggie.

A. It wasn't band camp, it was literature camp.
B. There were no men there except the counselors, and only a few boy campers.
C. I only did thirteen, not sixteen of them -- 10 girls, 2 boys, and 1 male counselor.
D. While I quoted Shakespeare the whole time I was having my way with them, only one of them died.

Novice.
Poor Mr. Novice, was he married?
Sorry, Biggie, sometimes I still forget to take into account your inability to comprehend and infer the obvious.

Rectification: YOU are a novice at trolling, Biggie.

The counselor who died in the act was named K. Duncan.
Florida

[Image: lambrix_delay_02022016_43_1.jpg?itok=PwBfvF1z]

Florida is scheduled to execute a man today who was convicted of murdering two people decades ago after a long night of drinking.

Barring a successful last-ditch appeal filed with the U.S. Supreme Court, Michael Lambrix is scheduled to die by lethal injection at Florida State Prison at 6 p.m.

He would be the second inmate to be put to death by the state since it restarted executions in August.

Before then, the state had stopped all executions for months after a Supreme Court ruling that found Florida's method of sentencing people to death was unconstitutional. In response, the state Legislature passed a new law requiring death sentences to have a unanimous jury vote.

Lambrix's attorney, William Hennis, is arguing to the nation's high court that because his client's jury recommendations for death were not unanimous -- the juries in his two trials voted 8-4 and 10-2 for death -- they should be thrown out. The Florida Supreme Court has ruled that Lambrix's case is too old to qualify for relief from the new sentencing system.

Lambrix was convicted of killing Clarence Moore and Aleisha Bryant after a long night of partying in a small central Florida town, Labelle, about 30 miles northeast of Fort Myers.

Lambrix has claimed in previous appeals that it was Moore who killed Bryant, and that he killed Moore only in self-defense.

"It won't be an execution," Lambrix told reporters in an interview at the prison Tuesday, according to the Tampa Bay Times. "It's going to be an act of cold-blooded murder."

Lambrix told the Miami Herald his final meal will be a Thanksgiving-style turkey dinner, which is what his mother promised to cook if he was exonerated. The paper reporters he went on a hunger strike last month to protest his death sentence but it ended after 12 days.

"We're the only Western country in the entire world that kills its citizens under the pretense of the administration of justice," Lambrix told reporters.

More about the crime and legal issues associated with the execution: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/condemned-k...ed-murder/
To bad..............hit the switch.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: To bad..............hit the switch.

Well let him have his drumstucks, stuffing, and cranberry sauce first, would ya! ')
(10-05-2017, 06:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 01:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: To bad..............hit the switch.

Well let him have his drumstucks, stuffing, and cranberry sauce first, would ya! ')

I wonder if this is the guy that's been eating that all week, I thought I had read a story about that.
Its to make the prison folks feel better about executing someone.
I'm not sure what he was being fed this week. But, after 33 years on Florida's death row, Lambrix had his last meal of Thanksgiving dinner and caramel ice cream last night.

Snip:
Lambrix, 57, was killed by lethal injection at 10:10 p.m., 15 minutes after the process began. The execution was scheduled to take place at 6 p.m. but was delayed due to a last-minute appeal Lambrix filed to the United States Supreme Court earlier this week.

In 1983, Lambrix killed Clarence Moore with a tire iron and strangled Aleisha Bryant after inviting them over to his place for a spaghetti dinner in Glades County. In 1984, a jury convicted him on two counts of first-degree murder and voted in favor of the death penalty by counts of 8-4 on Moore’s behalf and 10-2 on Bryant’s.

Since then, Lambrix filed several state and federal appeals to review evidence and testimonies against his case. This resulted in the delay of two scheduled executions in 1988.

In January 2016, his execution was halted once again as the U.S. Supreme Court deliberated whether Lambrix’s execution was unconstitutional based on Hurst v. Florida, which ruled that a jury, not a judge, must find the facts of a case necessary to impose a death sentence. The court said the ruling was irrelevant to Lambrix’s case, which had already been decided decades earlier.

In 2017, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that death sentences must be declared by a unanimous jury of 12.

Since 1976, the state of Florida has executed 94 inmates total. There are currently 357 inmates on death row.

https://www.wuft.org/news/2017/10/06/mic...death-row/
Alabama

[Image: 1565815-4997842-This_undated_photo_relea...743663.jpg]
Torrey Twane McNabb, 40, was pronounced dead at 9:38 p.m. CDT yesterday, authorities said.

McNabb raised both his middle fingers before the lethal injection; his last words were, "I hate you."

He was convicted of killing Montgomery police officer Anderson Gordon in 1997.

He shot Gordon five times as the officer sat in his patrol car after arriving at a traffic accident McNabb caused while fleeing a bail bondsman, prosecutors said.

Gordon's relatives said in a statement that the 30-year-old officer - known as 'Brother' - was devoted to his family, his two children and his work as a police officer. RIP.

McNabb was one of several death row inmates who filed a lawsuit arguing that the sedative midazolam does not reliably render a person unconscious before subsequent drugs stop their lungs and heart. They point to an execution last December during which an Alabama inmate coughed and heaved for the first 13 minutes of the procedure.

McNabb's attorney argued that he should not be executed while the lawsuit was in progress. The courts disagreed.

McNabb appeared to be breathing for the first 20 minutes of the 35-minute long procedure. He later appeared to move his head, grimace and raise his arms after two consciousness checks in which a guard pinches his arm, says his name and pulls back his eyelid - before eventually becoming still.

Alabama Commissioner Jeff Dunn said he was confident the movements after the second consciousness check were involuntary and that McNabb was not awake.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rsday.html

I understand we are a civilized country but it is so bizarre to see people argue about how a convicted violent murderer is put to death. That there is concern about that is just so odd.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
whats wrong with a firing squad?
Adios asshole!
(10-20-2017, 01:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I understand we are a civilized country but it is so bizarre to see people argue about how a convicted violent murderer is put to death. That there is concern about that is just so odd.

One of the things in our justice system that I have always thought o be stupid. I think it SHOUD fucking hurt

I don't disagree with that but there are things that separate our great country from other countries that aren't so great and that's one of the things. We're civilized.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's more for the executioners, that's why they feed them that great last meal.