Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
(12-13-2021, 08:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: Still "SNOWING", how deep is it already? Do you still have to go in to work tomorrow, or do they at least have a delayed start time?

I'm glad I'm in SNAKEland (I HATE SNAKES) it was a balmy sunny 79 degrees here.

My main job I can work from home for the most part.  All of my jobs are w/in 2 miles of me. I can walk if I need to or hitch a ride or snowshoe! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I never got an official measurement. Maybe only 4 inches tho, even after snowing all day. Its a wetter heavier snow than we usually have.
This is how the day started:

[Image: iNMa8wM.jpg]

This is how it ended:

[Image: tuPYcHb.jpg]
Can I blame "Climate change" on my Maple branches falling off and hitting the ground? I'm kinda hoping so.

Nice pictures Kitten!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-13-2021, 10:12 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 08:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: Still "SNOWING", how deep is it already? Do you still have to go in to work tomorrow, or do they at least have a delayed start time?

I'm glad I'm in SNAKEland (I HATE SNAKES) it was a balmy sunny 79 degrees here.

My main job I can work from home for the most part.  All of my jobs are w/in 2 miles of me. I can walk if I need to or hitch a ride or snowshoe! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I never got an official measurement. Maybe only 4 inches tho, even after snowing all day. Its a wetter heavier snow than we usually have.

Well aren't you a lucky one, being able to work from home. I assume it is the best thing! I never had the opportunity for that, so I really don't know. 
I think I would like it! I believe I would miss the people, well most of them anyway! hah
Nice SNOW pictures!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Thanks.

Working from home has its perks.
The first week I found myself being easily distracted by chores I wanted to do. So I actually got a lot of housework done but had to learn to manage my time better.
I wake up, make my bed and get dressed. That puts me in work mode.
I rarely see people at that office anyway. I get my people time at my other jobs, but it is lacking compared to the winter.
Sometimes I go to the office just to have some more structure and be more focused. I like having the option.
Kentucky had a godawful tornado. I've thought about those poor people all week. The pix are awful and they make me want to cry. My weather people talked about it moving towards the East Coast and they had me worked into a fricken frenzy. I kept my eye on the radar all day until I saw it breaking up as it approached the Bay. Ugh. I hate this shit. I want to move to the Yukon. 
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I read the story about the family whose house was leveled and the tornado picked them up and threw them all across the street. They all lived except the 2 month old baby who they strapped into her car seat thinking she'd be safer. That made me cry.
(12-15-2021, 05:08 PM)sally Wrote: I read the story about the family whose house was leveled and the tornado picked them up and threw them all across the street. They all lived except the 2 month old baby who they strapped into her car seat thinking she'd be safer. That made me cry.

I read a similar one. Parents, 3 little girls. They were sheltering in their bathroom, all were tossed into a field and their oldest was killed, she was only 9 years old. There are more stories like the ones we referred to. Such a horror.
Tornadoes suck, they are so strong and precise. A house can be leveled yet the house next door is fine. They say you never forget the sound they make.
That is awful. : (
I have been thinking about it all week as well.

Someone showed a video on tik tok of her and her cats in the bathroom and people suggested she put them in crates-but there were so many different opinions about what really is best for the cat-like if the wind picks up the crate and drops it-it could be stuck in the crate-where if the cat is just left alone it might be able to run or hide or find shelter. : (
(12-15-2021, 08:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: Tornadoes suck, they are so strong and precise. A house can be leveled yet the house next door is fine. They say you never forget the sound they make.

One went through my backyard about 30 years ago. It shook the house and it sounded like a train was running through it. It just came out of nowhere and died out I guess because there wasn't much damage done other than debris from trees and whatnot. It was loud though and I knew right away it was a tornado.
Your Hillbilly weather is back

(12-15-2021, 09:32 PM)sally Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: Tornadoes suck, they are so strong and precise. A house can be leveled yet the house next door is fine. They say you never forget the sound they make.

One went through my backyard about 30 years ago. It shook the house and it sounded like a train was running through it. It just came out of nowhere and died out I guess because there wasn't much damage done other than debris from trees and whatnot. It was loud though and I knew right away it was a tornado.

Tornadoses or Hurricanes, different names, same devistating destruction!

TORNADO                                                  HURRICANE

[Image: Forney-Tornado-Damage-110.jpg]
[Image: heres-what-happens-to-the-massive-piles-...-sandy.jpg]
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

We got almost 4 inches of snow.
I love it.

I can't imagine going through a hurricane or a tornado. That would be awful. I've been looking at real estate in different areas and I've seen some nice places and houses, but I just couldn't imagine the risk either. It seems some areas don't usually have the threat, but then it surprises everyone. : (
Snowed some more. I am loving it.

I joined this weather community recently and man they are some funny people to follow! I mean of course there is the "I'm better than you, I have more knowledge than you" people, and then the fun light hearted people
AND THEN the WEATHER WACKJOBS who post about conspiracy theories and other wierd shit. It is quite entertaining.

I quote the following: (which at first I thought they were joking, but oh they are not)

https://twitter.com/ShellySuzette/status...7636127746

No but I've encountered hearing your airplane going around in circles up there , I don't live in a hurricane area so there's no need for you here, so quit Wasting taxpayers money and fuel ,God of Abraham and his son Jesus christ know all you do and they act too

Also if you check this person out on Twitter-you will see thier bio:
murdered by illumanti in 99 I am Jesus's Only Bride Mother of his Children i had Benjamin His Son Rev12:5 Isaiah66:7- 11a Real Pregnacy
It's going to snow 1-3 inches tomorrow. I'm loving the snow until I get my car back and have to drive on the icy roads.
my clothes were caked with mud after my ride this morning, even the back of my helmet was blasted.
(12-24-2021, 12:14 AM)BigMark Wrote: my clothes were caked with mud after my ride this morning, even the back of my helmet was blasted.
Pics, plz. hah
Yes. Pics please.

It snowed on the west side of the state today and then I traveled over 2 mountain passes back home-and no new snow. : ( But I am sure we will have plenty.
Also this week is supposed to be below zero temps. It was 9 degrees today and I didn't have all the proper layers on and it was cold!
I was wearing my snow pants in the car and to the store and I wasn't the only one!

*edit*
fuck! its 10 degrees now and will only continue getting colder tomorrow.
It was in the 60's here for Christmas. That is so fucked up.