Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
(01-12-2022, 04:15 PM)MirahM Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 03:17 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 02:18 PM)MirahM Wrote: You can use them to walk on icy sidewalks too. It isn't neccesarily for snow.

Oh. ok. Are yak traks similar to snowshoes?

No, they are just rubber wire things you slip on over your shoes. The best kind have top straps so they don't fall off.

Ok. I'm going to see if Amazon sells them(it's where I do most of my online shopping) or I need to buy them somewhere else.
They sure do.
This is my current style I have and that I like. Also hardware stores carry them.
Why are amazon links so wierd?

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-Traction-...?crid=36B7RD9VOYTJI&keywords=yak%2Btracks%2Bfor%2Bmen&qid=1642027149&sprefix=yak%2Btr%2Caps%2C732&sr=8-5&th=1
These are $10 less and probably work just fine

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-Spikes-Wa...?crid=36B7RD9VOYTJI&keywords=yak%2Btracks%2Bfor%2Bmen&qid=1642027315&sprefix=yak%2Btr%2Caps%2C732&sr=8-8&th=1

There are chain ones-those are for more intense hiking.

Make sure you take these off inside tho-you can fall if you keep them on your feet and try to walk in the grocery store.
Waiting till the end of February sucks. When March hits I feel much better.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-12-2022, 06:42 PM)MirahM Wrote: These are $10 less and probably work just fine

https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-Spikes-Wa...?crid=36B7RD9VOYTJI&keywords=yak%2Btracks%2Bfor%2Bmen&qid=1642027315&sprefix=yak%2Btr%2Caps%2C732&sr=8-8&th=1

There are chain ones-those are for more intense hiking.

Make sure you take these off inside tho-you can fall if you keep them on your feet and try to walk in the grocery store.
I found even cheaper ones for $17. They're in my cart. I'll buy them when I figure out some other items I need/want to buy. I like to fill my cart with at least 2-3 items before I checkout. Otherwise it feels like a waste.
Thats a good idea. I am more impulsive. I only keep something in my cart when I know its not something I need.
Don't you have prime?
Yeah....why?
Clangy sounds like he has to pay for delivery.
(01-13-2022, 01:55 AM)BigMark Wrote: Clangy sounds like he has to pay for delivery.

No. I'm just being practical. You wouldn't make several trips to a grocery store for one item at a time. Same principle.
Also, even Prime has a criteria on certain products. One has to spend at least $35 in order to qualify for free shipping.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
not here
Mt Washington pasta

[Image: pasta.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&fit=960%2...548&crop=1]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-13-2022, 08:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: Also, even Prime has a criteria on certain products. One has to spend at least $35 in order to qualify for free shipping.

Yes that too.
Lots and lots of snow, little bit of ice. I should probably dig my car out sometime today, even if I'm not going anywhere.
Car dug out. Don't need to move it until Friday morning.
Did you ever get a spare?
(01-17-2022, 12:40 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Car dug out. 

I used to like shoveling snow. Nowadays, I usually get so little that I can use my blower on the patio & walkway to get rid of it.

Don't, Mark, just don't. I'm heading you off at the pass.  Dramaqueen
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-17-2022, 12:45 PM)BigMark Wrote: Did you ever get a spare?

Not yet. I need to call and special order one. It's on my to do list along with getting new glasses. I wish I had know when I bought my car it had a rare tire type.

I dug out my car and cleaned my apartment this weekend so either way this weekend was a win for me.
Awesome!