Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
NStar is reporting scattered power outages among its 1.1 million customers on the Cape and throughout southeast Massachusetts.

very strange, lightning and thunder with the snow.

high wind warnings too. 60 mph gusting.

so much for chestnuts roasting on an open fire~~ hah

Attached Files
.png   shit.png (Size: 470 bytes / Downloads: 35)

I like driving in deep snow, it's like driving on marshmallow fluff. It did take about 30 min to get into work when it should take me 13 min. Still better than Australia though ......poor bastards.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
We have about 7 inches so far. Took me 45 minutes to get to work. Twice as long as usual. I hope we get let go early. But I doubt it. Driving home should be a blast!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Ramseykittens! Love025

hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-12-2011, 12:27 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ramseykittens! Love025

Maggotyboo!!! Smiley_emoticons_bussi
(01-12-2011, 12:58 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 12:27 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ramseykittens! Love025

Maggotyboo!!! Smiley_emoticons_bussi

Hows yer Kotchie-koo? Smiley_emoticons_smile Got your mojo on today?

Psst. Maggot, got any hot chocolate? It's Ramsey's lunch hour. Smiley_emoticons_fies
(01-12-2011, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Psst. Maggot, got any hot chocolate? It's Ramsey's lunch hour. Smiley_emoticons_fies

Sadly no..........21 Just black coffee.
I wonder if I could get a pizza delivery? 70
(01-12-2011, 01:15 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sadly no..........21 Just black coffee.

that's ok baby, i already had my hot chocolate this morning. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Hahahaha!

Ramsey, surely you know what I'm thinking, right? hah
Of course I do Duchess.

It's only January 12. It's not fun to be outside, I don't feel joyful when I consider going for a ride. It's cold. I'm very unhappy being indoors. 21
I just spent 2 hrs snowblowing my driveway, the neighbors driveway and was shooting the shit with the guy across the street. He has a huge T.V. and bar in his cellar and is having a big superbowl party. I will be bringing a bunch of deer/pork sausages over that weekend. :B
Jesus, this is even worse than Australia...over 350 dead, 10 inches of rain in 24 hours.

TERESOPOLIS, Brazil – Walls of earth and water swept away homes in the mountains north of Rio de Janeiro, wiping out families and leaving survivors scrambling Thursday to reach still-trapped neighbors.

At least 350 people died in three towns after the slides hit at about 3 a.m. Wednesday, and 50 or more were still missing, according to officials and reliable local news reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/12/...z1AxixAKMa

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(CNN) -- A teenager who was scared of water drowned in the Queensland floods after begging rescuers to save his younger brother first.

Jordan Rice, 13, and his mother Donna, 43, were swept away as a wall of water hit the town of Toowoomba on Monday afternoon.

His family has hailed the youngster's selfless actions.

"Jordan can't swim and is terrified of water," his father, John Tyson, told local newspaper The Toowoomba Chronicle. "But when the man went to rescue him, he said 'save my brother first.'

"I can only imagine what was going on inside to give up his life to save his brother, even though he was petrified of water. He is our little hero."

Rice was taking Jordan and his 10-year-old brother Blake to buy school uniforms when the family car became stuck in floodwaters.

As the tide rose around them, the mother-of-four made a desperate call to the emergency services, and the trio clambered on to the roof of their stranded vehicle, before passer-by Warren McErlean stopped to help.

"I called out for some ropes and a guy gave me some ropes and I tied those together and just headed out towards this car," he told the Nine Network.

"But the water just kept coming up and by the time I got near this car it just swept me off my feet.

"The mum put the boy on his back and bought him across to me and by that time I grabbed the boy and the water kept coming up... it was too much water and there was just no time. The tension took up on the rope and I had to let it go.

"He was just pleading with me to please save my mum, please save my mummy - he was screaming to save his mum.

"It's terrible. I just kept telling the boy it was going to be alright and it wasn't," a distraught McErlean explained.

"I'm just very sorry for himself and his family that we couldn't do some more and get them out."

A Facebook page set up as a tribute to Jordan has garnered more than 150,000 supporters, and has been filled with messages of sympathy and support for his father and brothers Blake, Kyle, 16, and Chris, 22.

The death toll from the Queensland floods has risen to 15, and there are fears it could grow further as the waters recede in the days to come, with some 70 people still listed as missing.

"We still have a number of families who don't know where their children are, who don't know where their loved ones are," said Queensland Premier Anna Bligh.

bless his heart 96

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The little box near my kitchen window says 1 deg outside. It can only go up from there. :B
I will be riding my bike today, temps in the mid 60's, we have had no snow down here in the basin yet this year!
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams