Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
Crash and Aussiefriend, let us know how you are after this monster hits... as soon as you are able to! be safe!

(CNN) -- A huge tropical cyclone taking aim at Australia's Queensland state has strengthened to a Category 5 -- the highest designation on Australia's cyclone classification system -- and its landfall is "likely to be more life threatening than any experienced during recent generations," forecasters said.

Severe Tropical Cyclone Yasi has winds gusting up to 295 kph (183 mph) and is expected to maintain that intensity until making landfall in northeastern Queensland late Wednesday evening local time, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology said.

The cyclone threatens more devastation for Queensland, which already has been hit by deadly flooding in recent weeks.

"Yasi ... poses an extremely serious threat to life and property within the warning area, especially between Port Douglas and Townsville. This impact is likely to be more life threatening than any experienced during recent generations," the bureau says on its website.

Hundreds of patients have been evacuated from hospitals in the far north Queensland town of Cairns, and residents are being told to leave their homes as Cyclone Yasi closes in.

Snow in my little desert Village. I will get some open desert shots tomorrow.

[Image: PICT0004b.jpg]

[Image: PICT0002b.jpg]
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Seems my neck of the woods is going to get hit with some serious weather late tonight and into tomorrow. There is even talk of SNOW THUNDER whatever the fuck that is.

OK LC, you can email me tomorrow and ask if I've got snow..I will actually be able to say yes.
sometimes we get thunder and lightning with snow/nor'easter. it's very disconcerting.

pretty pics Dick~~i am surprised you got any snow.

WOW! NASA photo of the storm

[Image: 500x_huge-snow-storm_01.jpg]

and here's sat view of Australia!
Cyclone Yasi has been described by authorities as a "monster, killer storm" that will bring catastrophic damage to the northeastern Australian state over the next 24 hours.

Attached Files
.jpg   cyclone-satelite_1816555f.jpg (Size: 18.32 KB / Downloads: 59)

It's raining! It's raining! No snow, no ice, just rain & pushing 50 degrees.:B
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

It's raining its ass off! Melting, melting, melting I chant to the song "Rawhide".
Mentally, I'm running around in wild delight.
around 10" of snow here in the desert and still snowing , this is an epic snow storm for us, everyone owes me a dollar.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(02-02-2011, 07:19 AM)IMaDick Wrote: around 10" of snow here in the desert and still snowing

You're doomed.

(02-02-2011, 07:21 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 07:19 AM)IMaDick Wrote: around 10" of snow here in the desert and still snowing

You're doomed.

Or you are, depending on how you look at it, I may be home all day well once I go out and drive around in the snow to get to the plant and back, then who is doomed my little jack wagon shitbird?

vengeance is mine saith the Dick of Mock those who stand shall soon be toppled, those who whisper in the shadows shall have their tongues wrapped around the shaft and be divided and conquered they shall be slaves for the duration of days, those who cower in the corner shall have their fear rewarded by a passing over of them ,they and their houses shall be spared.

hahhahhah I'm feeling somewhat god like this morning.
John Adams

Hang on while I go get some coffee. Smiley_emoticons_fies
Shit..we got bypassed again. Maybe 2 or 3 inches outside. Not even any wind or Thunder.
Of course Rochester went nuts and closed everything...yesterday.
I am even at home....was instructed yesterday to NOT come in. Now I feel like an ass...but what the hell. Her mom is home, so I know she will be fine.
First time work has closed in 25 yrs.........fucking wimps! Signs_173
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-02-2011, 10:51 AM)Maggot Wrote: First time work has closed in 25 yrs.........fucking wimps! Signs_173

hahaha...did you see this accident on 93? (nobody hurt)

With two snowstorms whacking Southern New Hampster in less than 24 hours, virtually the entire area is shut down today. I WISH I WAS SKIING WILDCAT!

By early yesterday afternoon, many schools had sent their students home early. Rockingham Superior Court postponed all hearings today, towns canceled public meetings, and the state Legislature called off all business. Schools canceled classes for today as well.

While the region received close to 6 inches of snow yesterday, a lot more is on the way today.

"You can add about another foot," said National Weather Service meteorologist Michael Ekster. "Most of it's going to be snow, but there may be some sleet."

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-02-2011, 07:19 AM)IMaDick Wrote: around 10" of snow here in the desert and still snowing , this is an epic snow storm for us, everyone owes me a dollar.

Not too many occasions for you to boast 10", are there? Smiley_emoticons_wink

I don't have a dollar. Will 4 quarters do? They're made of wood, so you can burn them.
(02-02-2011, 11:15 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 10:51 AM)Maggot Wrote: First time work has closed in 25 yrs.........fucking wimps! Signs_173

[b]hahaha...did you see this accident on 93? (nobody hurt)

We have a huge machine (4) tractor trailer loads worth that is on the road now and should have all been here today. The first one showed up Monday and the others were supposed to be right behind him. All being driven by Rebels that hate the snow. I thought that accident was one of them. This storm puts everything back a week and it better not fuck up my superbowl Sunday. Furious
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Maggot: it better not fuck up my superbowl Sunday

you're going to have to go out for superbowl supplies! bring beer sled. hah

[Image: 4307284026_56304bdaf8_z.jpg?zz=1]

(02-02-2011, 11:43 AM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 07:19 AM)IMaDick Wrote: around 10" of snow here in the desert and still snowing , this is an epic snow storm for us, everyone owes me a dollar.

Not too many occasions for you to boast 10", are there? Smiley_emoticons_wink

I don't have a dollar. Will 4 quarters do? They're made of wood, so you can burn them.

Boast no, Display yes.

John Adams

I've pulled beer on a sled before, that photo made me recall it. *sigh*
..the good ol' days.
YASI hits Australia...OMG check it out! ---->

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lters.html