Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+

Check out the heat index in the top right.

[Image: IMG_0900.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
How is a heat index calculated? Is it like a wind chill?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(07-21-2011, 05:38 PM)Maggot Wrote: How is a heat index calculated? Is it like a wind chill?

It's calculated by the temperature & humidity, I'm not sure if the dew point is a factor.

(07-21-2011, 05:43 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 05:38 PM)Maggot Wrote: How is a heat index calculated? Is it like a wind chill?

It's calculated by the temperature & humidity, I'm not sure if the dew point is a factor.

This is the first year I have heard of a "heat index" I guess I never paid much attention about it. But it seems thats all I hear now.
[Image: article-2017529-0D1C4A3800000578-948_634x425.jpg]

The heatwave sweeping the U.S. has left much of the country facing rolling power cuts as energy firms struggle to cope with the demand. LOSING POWER IS THE WORST!

A total of fifty five cities recorded their highest ever temperatures yesterday with the scorching heat not expected to peak until Friday.

Power companies are warning customers to expect scattered outages for the next few days as the power grid is stressed at capacity.

As the sixth day of the scorching summer heat draws to a close, officials are urging customers to conserve energy, with the heat wave that has claimed at least 22 lives expected to intensify through the weekend.

[Image: welcome_to_hell.gif_320_320_256_92233720..._0_1_0.gif]
[Image: thscreamicecreamf.gif]

Hot as hell here. Keeps the big-headed kids inside, so that's good. August is going to be a bitch.

I love afternoon thunderstorms in the summer. It used to rain for 10-20 minutes every single summer day when I first moved to Georgia. I miss that.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

My AC has been running almost non-stop for days now. Bring it on, it still beats the hell out of snow.
Woo Hoooooo! I'm back into the 100's again today! Boy, that respite where we topped out at 96, 97 etc. was torture. I had to dig out a sweater. *lies back, fans self*
panem et circenses

I've just spent the past hour outside under the pergola in my nightie talking on the phone, it looks like someone turned a hose on me, I am soaked. I was in the friggin' shade.
I went to the supermarket this morning around 8:15am, the walk from the car to the market was just warm. A little over an hour later, walking from the market back to the car, it was like walking in an outright oven! (it is supposed to hit 101, with heat index at 111) I made a mistake, I put the goodies in the trunk, half way home I thought, stupid me why didn't you put the goodies in the back seat in the "A/C" cabin?! hah
(Luckily, it was only a 1-1/2 mile ride.)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It's so fucking hot, I'm concerned something will spontaneously combust.
I'm getting rashes in all my cracks and crevices. I would use powder but little balls begin to form. lotion just makes everything slippery. Time to strip. Smiley_emoticons_hurra3
Quote:Maggot said: little balls begin to form

Ya maggot, we wouldn't want you get balls of any kind little or not.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(07-22-2011, 02:17 PM)IMaDick Wrote:
Quote:Maggot said: little balls begin to form

Ya maggot, we wouldn't want you get balls of any kind little or not.

Are you nuts? Go check the mail or something.
How is it, though, that even when the temps are scary high, there is always some guy walking down the side of the highway in boots, black pants and a black hoody/jacket? It almost never fails. Is it some kind of meth or heroin thing that you get cold when it's 106?
panem et circenses
[Image: IMG_0547.jpg]
Ooooo, that looks so nice........SNOW ANGELS! Way better than Melting Asphalt Angels.
panem et circenses
(07-22-2011, 02:46 PM)Mary Wrote: Ooooo, that looks so nice........SNOW ANGELS! Way better than Melting Asphalt Angels.

Good afternoon troll.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(07-22-2011, 02:46 PM)Mary Wrote: Ooooo, that looks so nice........SNOW ANGELS! Way better than Melting Asphalt Angels.

bite your tongue!
(07-22-2011, 02:51 PM)Maggot Wrote:

bite your tongue!

Okay, maybe not "better".....how about "less sticky"?Smiley_emoticons_razz
panem et circenses