Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
(12-04-2014, 01:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:43 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: El Niño taking over.

Supposed to mean rain for you and milder weather in the frozen tundra.

We are absolutely GIDDY around here.
Actually, from what I heard today on the news today this on the West coast is "pineapple express." Hilarious movie, not so funny disasters. Not sure if the two are related? I think "pineapple express" happens more often than every 10 years.

So BG I just went and researched it for a minute.

You're right. As of now, atmospheric conditions have not met the criteria for an El Niño, but forecasters still give it a 65% chance to develop this winter.
I'd give it a 100% chance because it happens every 10 years. I think it's just a matter of to what degree the effect has MS.
(12-04-2014, 01:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 11:06 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Glad to see HoTD on today. A lot of weather and sink holes up in her neck of the woods.

It's been wet alright. But, we need it and my niece loves the rain (course, she's not the one driving in it).

Flying to Denver tomorrow morning.

Luckily it's warmed up there though and doesn't seem to be too big a chance of flights getting delayed by snow tomorow.

NO WE DON'T!! We're above average rainfall for this time of year now; God could turn off the spigot for a week or two and we'd be a-okay.

Actually, I guess it might not rain today...but it's due to start up again tomorrow, I believe. About your flight...I read this morning that the rain caused an average of 1 12 hr. flight delays out of SFO yesterday. I don't know about Denver but I'd definitely check your flight regularly for any delays going out. Have fun! And yes, we MUST meet again. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Commando Cunt Queen
I would put rain barrels at the end of the gutters and water my lawn when there was a ban on water usage. Just for kicks.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Hey CG & Maggot, my weather people are saying another nor'easter is forming off the coast, are you aware of this?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: Storm_zpse6978c9f.jpg]

A guy I have done some work with in the past texted me a picture of this storm rolling in on a site I've done some work at in Central Queensland.

Wild looking. I hope I never, ever see something like that moving towards me.

I've watched hurricanes move in. They turn the sky a lovely greenish color, sorta like an underwater look. Tornadoes moving in look vicious, all black and swirling. Those are the worst.
(12-08-2014, 04:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Hey CG & Maggot, my weather people are saying another nor'easter is forming off the coast, are you aware of this?

Yeah, the local station called it an intermittent storm, which I guess is the new term for snow, ice, snow, sleet, rain, sleet....

The power company called. a prerecorded voice told me they are ready for any outage that may occur. How nice.
Yeah...........right. hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(12-09-2014, 08:12 AM)crash Wrote: [Image: Storm_zpse6978c9f.jpg]

A guy I have done some work with in the past texted me a picture of this storm rolling in on a site I've done some work at in Central Queensland.

That's freaking AWESOME!! I'd love to see something like that (from the safety of a steel/concrete bunker or something).

We're being told to expect the "worst rain storm in years" coming in tomorrow night through Thursday. I'm going to go get food and munchies today and mostly hunker down until the dumb thing is over (DEFINITELY staying off the freeways--they'll flood for sure). One year we lost power for over 2 days. That sucked.
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-09-2014, 04:13 PM)username Wrote: We're being told to expect the "worst rain storm in years" coming in tomorrow night through Thursday. I'm going to go get food and munchies today and mostly hunker down until the dumb thing is over (DEFINITELY staying off the freeways--they'll flood for sure). One year we lost power for over 2 days. That sucked.

The storm isn't expected to end the drought, but it'll help with reserves and such.

If it's gonna be pouring, I'm gonna try to stay off the roads as much as possible at the end of the week too. Too dangerous with all of the buses and non-observant slicker-wearing pedestrians and idiot cyclists on the streets here. It's like a human obstacle course.

Holed up with popcorn, movies, and whiskey sours -- sounds kinda nice, actually.
SF's misery is the northern plains' ecstacy (too strong a word?).

We'll be in the mid-40's to 50 tomorrow through Sunday.

Hallelujah Pineapple Express!
It's raining a bit. Oh the horror! Given the hype, I'm terribly disappointed so far. I want thunder/lightening...the way you love me is frightening! Yeah, probably not going to happen. We don't get any awesome weather extremes. *pouts*
Commando Cunt Queen

It's snowing its ass off here. I walked out of the salon and couldn't believe my eyes! It's not sticking on the roads but everything else is covered. It's bee-u-tee-ful. I came home and lit a bunch of candles and my tree and I have Christmas carols playing. Fa la la la la la.
(12-04-2014, 12:43 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 12:24 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: El Niño taking over.

Supposed to mean rain for you and milder weather in the frozen tundra.

We are absolutely GIDDY around here.
Actually, from what I heard today on the news today this on the West coast is "pineapple express." Hilarious movie, not so funny disasters. Not sure if the two are related? I think "pineapple express" happens more often than every 10 years.

Japanese meteorologists made an official announcement yesterday that "El Niño" is now in effect.

Is that the good one or the bad one? I get them mixed up.
(12-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Is that the good one or the bad one? I get them mixed up.

Wetter in Cali, the deep south and up the east coast. Milder and drier in the plains.

I was sorta hoping for some seasonable weather for the holiday, maybe even a little snow. Sixty degrees on Christmas Eve. Jeez Louise.

[Image: 242A388400000578-0-image-a-12_1418998971582.jpg]
We're looking at a possible Christmas day storm with lots of snow. Too early to tell which direction it's going yet.

Tis raining & it's lovely, one of my favorite kind of days. Tomorrow is forecast to be in the 60's which will quickly turn to a high in the 20's as we get into the week. Crazy East Coast weather.
It's raining here and there's nothing pretty about it. It's ugly, gloomy and depressing.

I can't complain too much about this winter...so far we've only had 4 inches of snow and that was before thanksgiving. I will start bitching about next weeks temps though.