Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
+your daily weather report+
It's been a little rainy in California.

Ya' know what fries my chops? When we were in a drought, the water company raised our rates to a tiered system based on how much water one used. Then, after some time had passed, the water companies decided they weren't making enough money because people were following drought instructions and letting yards die etc. so they decided a rate hike was in order again. Because they weren't selling enough water. 52

Now we have a year like this. More water than we know what to do with--literally. All this talk about improving infrastructure but are the powers that be racing out to build more reservoirs or other means of capturing water (especially for our water starved, agricultural central valley)? Nope. So, this year is peachy but in two years we could easily be in a drought again because there are no efforts (that I know of) to build multiple, massive options to store water from years like this.

Idiots. Raising my water bill...think they'll drop the rates back down now that people may begin using their pools again and watering their plants in the summer time? I think not. What goes up doesn't always come down again. Assholes.
Commando Cunt Queen

I've never lived anyplace where I had to pay for water and for a split second I'm always taken aback when I hear people say they do.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
User, it's like the airlines adding fuel taxes to airfare when gas was at all time high back from 2008-2010.

Do you think they've dropped that now?

Hahahaha
You have a well? It wasn't free...
36 hours ago, all the weather geeks forecast anywhere from 8"-18" of snow for us today.

We will get exactly 0".

That's a pretty bad miss.

*understatement of 2017*
(02-24-2017, 03:38 PM)BigMark Wrote: You have a well? It wasn't free...

Yeah, I have 2, one here at the house and another one up at the stable. Are you talking about the cost of drilling them?
And maintaining.
(02-24-2017, 03:40 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: 36 hours ago, all the weather geeks forecast anywhere from 8"-18" of snow for us today.

We will get exactly 0".

That's a pretty bad miss.

*understatement of 2017*

Yeah, in what other profession could you be so way off base and still keep your job! hah Absurd!

Today was 83, (as they predicted) a little breezy, a little humid, and great for relaxing, while watching the world go bye!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

world go bye!

A cold front went through last night. My temp dropped 22 degrees in a nano second. It's been near 80 for several days and this morning it's in the 30's. Welcome to the East Coast.
I can't remember the last time it was so cold for so long here.
Magnificent day yesterday, expected to be the same today! 85ish and a little breezy!

If this thread were a room, I'd be pacing. Why can't we have normal storms like I grew up with. Every friggin' storm here screams DANGER DANGER.
You didn't grow up with the weather terrorists we have today! hah

Wearing shorts tomorrow, thank allah!
Being woken up at 2:36am with my phone screaming out a weather alert for a tornado warning isn't quite as pleasant as it would be at 2:36pm. The 70mph winds mixed with rain and hail pounding the bedroom windows kept me awake for at least 20 mins.
18hrs later...high wind and sleet, and me out in the middle of it for 15 mins waiting on the mutha f'n dog to PEE!
They predicted nasty windy rain for here all day long. Commute home was going to be messy!

It was sunny with a slight breeze all day.

Around 5 pm, we had "10" rain drops, (I counted them) and that was it! hah

Going out to lunch with a friend today, and the weather is supposed to be 80ish, and partly sunny.

Excellent to have lunch out on the restaurant's outdoor patio! 44

Still cold here. Still hacking up a lung.
Man, it's windy as hell here today! But at least it's not hot as hell! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(Luncheon was great yesterday, lucky the wind is today)