Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Friendly Warning to all Morons
I saw this in the news a few days ago, and I've been meaning to email it to Duchess... I think it's important that she sees this because she is the forum owner ...especially since she has stated in the past that what happens online is no big deal and not at all "serious" in response to my complaint about a stalking incident on this very site.

Rather than email this to her, I decided to post it here because I doubted that she would pass this info on to you. This info is also important for anyone who participates on a discussion forum to see... Here's an exerpt:

Quote:Although bloggers may have a free-speech right to say what they want online, courts have found that they are not protected from being sued for their comments, even if they are posted anonymously.

Some postings have even led to criminal charges.

Hal Turner, a right-wing blogger from New Jersey, faces up to 10 years in prison for posting a comment that three Chicago judges "deserve to be killed" for having rejected a 2nd Amendment challenge to the city's handgun ban in 2009. Turner, who also ran his own Web-based radio show, thought it "was political trash talk," his lawyer said. But this month a jury in Brooklyn, N.Y., convicted him of threatening the lives of the judges on the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.

In western Pennsylvania, a judge recently ruled a community website must identify the Internet address of individuals who posted comments calling a township official a "jerk" who put money from the taxpayers in "his pocket." The official also owned a used car dealership, and one commenter called his cars "junk." The official sued for defamation, saying the comments were false and damaged his reputation.

In April, a North Carolina county official won a similar ruling after some anonymous bloggers on a local website called him a slumlord.

"Most people have no idea of the liability they face when they publish something online," said Eric Goldman, who teaches Internet law at Santa Clara University. "A whole new generation can publish now, but they don't understand the legal dangers they could face. People are shocked to learn they can be sued for posting something that says, 'My dentist stinks.' "

Under federal law, websites generally are not liable for comments posted by outsiders. They can, however, be forced to reveal the poster's identity if the post includes false information presented as fact.

Calling someone a "jerk" and a "buffoon" may be safe from a lawsuit because it states an opinion. Saying he wrongly "pocketed" public money could lead to a defamation claim because it asserts something as a fact.

Last month, the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a Nevada judge's order requiring the disclosure of the identity of three people accused of conducting an "Internet smear campaign via anonymous postings" against Quixtar, the successor to the well-known Amway Corp.

Here's the entire article: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...?track=rss

And, now I'll leave you to it. 105
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
fuck off...cunt.
Fug duh kund
oh give it a rest. obsession is unhealthy for you. 11

:boredom:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I still don't give a fuck.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-24-2010, 05:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I still don't give a fuck.

well why should you when you, and all of us, have been addressed as morons?
i wish she'd just go ahead and sue. then she'd have to shut up on advice of counsel. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

but...uh oh...how does a high-echelon government hack...er...employee, complain about some lowlife site like mock when she was posting on it from her highly-classified top secret job? Oops

92 28

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif   clean.gif (Size: 46.23 KB / Downloads: 148)
.gif   cleaning-the-toilet.gif (Size: 21.79 KB / Downloads: 116)

I don't see where what she has cut & pasted is relevant. I haven't seen any threats or posting of real life info since I've re-opened. That may pertain to her on some other site but, it has nothing to do with Mock.

My advice is the same as it has always been, if one is unhappy, leave. I would tell anyone that who complained of having issues. I'm not putting a muzzle on Mockers, that's the bottom line.
In a fleeting glance, I thought the titke was 'A friendly warning to all Mormons'.... now I'm doubly disappointed; no Mormons to burn and nothing but prosiac bullshit from a stupid twat... bah!
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021

Why would she even bring this up after 7-8 months?
(08-24-2010, 11:42 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Why would she even bring this up after 7-8 months?

simple.
because she, like some others, did not get a personal invitation to return to Mock.
and secondly...she's fucking OBSESSED and you have the temerity to not reply to her interminable repetitive whiney-ass fucking emails.

I told her she is welcome to return. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Smiley_emoticons_fies
Duchess / Lady Cop,

I am not sure where you are getting the idea that you are / were going to be sued. I never said I was going to sue you - although I wouldn't have been above doing that if something had happened.

All,

From my perspective, a member of Duchess's forum threatened to do something to me in real life to try to make me lose my job. That was a direct threat to my livlihood and my family's financial security. I also had no idea if that person would show up at my house where me and my family - including my young child - live...This person had my full name - which they got with the asistance of another member of Duchess's forum...and from there they went into "research" mode... More importantly, they made false accusations and then they made threats to be carried out IN REAL LIFE.

I sincerely hope that no one here ever has to go through anything like that although I am aware that many of the fights at this site do spill over into real life.

When I was being cyberstalked by a member of this forum - the bottom line for me was to play it safe. I reported it to the Security Office at my place of employment immediately. As a courtesy I let the forum owner here know what was happening. I shared the info that I could share with the foroum owner about what took place with the Security Office at my place of employment. That backfired because the forum owner did not see that this is what I was doing. She immediately went on the defensive and told me it was all no big deal and that I should STFU. (I have copies of the PMs to show this.)

Why did I bring this up after 7 months?

Because I was reminded of this experience in an email exchange with the leader of Mock. I was told that I was welcomed to post at Mock as long as I didn't bring up race. I was told that no one at Mock would be racist if I didn't mention race myself. So it was clear to me that the forum owner completely missed the seriousness of what took place all those months ago.

As long as I don't bring up race, I am welcome to post at Mock...That's a bit comical considering that Mock is a lawless free for all & the forum owner just stated she has no intention of "muzzling" anyone.

I expect that this place will disintegrate because there appears to be a lack of integrity and maturity on the part of the key players...The fact that something of this nature was moved into an area called "Funny Shit" speaks dirctly to that point. Cyberstalking and harassing people is not funny.

I have said what I wanted to say & you will not be hearing from me again unless that cyberstalker causes me anymore trouble. If that occurs, the forum owner will definitely be contacted - just not on the forum.
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
Hi Julie! You sexy ball of soft yarn.Sarcastic
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
as a taxpayer I'd have no compunction in reporting her to the comptroller if she's spending my, and your, money fucking around here on the board. The only person threatening her livelihood was her...for being here while on a government computer and during her work hours. It's doubtfull that she squealed to any security because it would take very little investigation on their part to see how much time she was spending here AND seeing what she actually posted while at work.

a pretty self-important twat if you ask me...
Fug duh kund
we can only hope this was the combined comeback/farewell tour. as advertised.
she's such a whiney excrutiatingly relentless coma-inducing bore.
same shit, over and over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum.
Compcoff

Holy fuck!

Julie, your thread was moved to funny shit because it's a joke. Anyone with an iota of common sense, who feared for their safety, would never return to the place that caused them to be fearful in the first place. Why would you even draw attention to it if, as you say, you have no intention of participating in Mock? Do you want me to have someone in the legal profession contact you & spell out exactly what my responsibilities to you, as a member, are? You'll be disillusioned for sure. Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm not aware of that, because of you & people like you, I've made damn sure I was clear on what my rights & responsibilities are. The fact that you have returned here has immediately rendered any complaint you may have, null & void.
In case you were wondering, I never got a letter from the _ _ _ telling me to leave their operative alone.

hahahahaha
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.

*gasp* I saw this thread & I had heart palpitations. Hahahaha!
Who was the member that was supposedly stalking her, was it Frank?
It was Cracker. She went on and on about using her federal computer and federal paycheck to sit around all day on Mock and make racist statements. She pretended to be smarter than everyone else, so I googled and found her exact job. Then I raised holy fucking hell because of where she works. Then she got scared and panicked and issued the threat. That is JUST as bad considering that we pay her to do something ENTIRELY different and she should have known better.

Plus, she went to a shit college-in-a-box. You can't claim intellectual superiority if you attended a degree mill. Oh, and I stalked her by looking at her website she advertised every five minutes here.

She is the reason I jointed Mock. I just read before. So, OP, you can blame the nog.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(05-07-2011, 10:09 AM)Cracker Wrote: She is the reason I jointed Mock. I just read before. So, OP, you can blame the nog.

Sorry?, exsqueeze me?, baking powder?

I really don't care about the reason you are here, you are just another forum punchbag nothing more, even though you have me on ignore I still like to a shoot a nice stiff jab to your double chin every now and then.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.