Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
Sally, just so you know, Publix is making storm snacks. Not kidding. hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
What's going on, Sally? Do you intend to stay?
I don't know. I think we should just leave because there are two highly likely scenarios and neither are good. It's most likely going to hit as a 4 or 5 and it could hit south Florida and come up central Florida still being very strong or it could just make a direct hit here in central Florida. And it's moving slow which makes it much worse. I really dont want to be hanging out for a slow moving cat 4 or 5 hurricane.
My brother in JAX is only concerned his flight back in will be cancelled. My other brothers don't care. One is keeping an eye on our Dad's house and one of my sister in laws is freakin' out and saying she's leaving. Ugh. I feel for ya.
Yeah my husband doesn't seem to care much either which is pissing me off. I've been through other hurricanes and they were scary enough, so a 4 or 5 will be terrifying and its moving slow so it would last a whole day.
I know you want to make the right decision but you haven't got the luxury of thinking about it for days. There is going to come a point when a lot of people are going to get in their cars and leave. It will create gridlock. I know you've seen pictures of what that is like. Hook up your motorhome and leave. You're very lucky you have that option! Just go.
I should call my sister to get her all worked up but it probably won't work. She will go along with me letting me think she's all flustered then break out laughing reminding me she has a hurricane proof house. That thing has 8x8 beams and 3x10 walls.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I understand the forecasters have a job to do but so many of them are overly dramatic while doing it.
Now you all know why I'm in NE at this point in time. (Hurricane season)

I worry (about my property) from afar!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

If I didn't have kids I wouldn't even care. I'd buy a couple of slim Jim's and a gallon of water along with 3 cases of beer and hope for the best.
I shouldn't judge but to hell with it. This fat bitch was in the grocery buying up all the bread (like that's just what she needs) and it annoyed me.
Drugs help. *nods* Someone gave me a Xanax when hurricane Sandy was coming. I was so relaxed I fell asleep. I was a fricken wreck before the Xanax. On radar, the hurricane was covering the entire peninsula and I was a mess. 78

I sorta understand what you're going through, Sal. Not trying to steal your hurricane thunder. Old morbid joke if anyone remembers.
I'll give you my hurricane thunder for free, no need to steal it.
Come out to Cali, we have spare bedroom.
Thank you, but I'd rather just sit around here and wait for a direct 5 to hit. My husband says it would be too much of a pain in the ass to leave. Even though we got money and all, it would just be a big headache. Much better to just get leveled along with the house.
Hopefully this damn thing takes his ass out and I never have to see him again.
It will go out to sea. Travel up the east coast you will see and be filled with glee.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Sally, are you feeling any better about this given the recent updated information?
No now I feel worse because there is still one model showing it making a direct hit into daytona beach and crossing the state.
But the good news is I just got done cleaning my house so it will be spotless when it blows out to sea.