Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
(09-04-2019, 12:29 PM)sally Wrote: I think the humane society has peanut

*gasp* This is the best possible news! PleasePleasePlease let it be Peanut.

I know you must be frantic to go there. Were you able to contact them and tell them you are coming to check just as soon as it's safe to drive?

If it's Peanut, and I pray it is, at least she's safe and is being cared for. How can I not know if Peanut is a male or female. WTF. That just occurred to me. Hang in there, honey.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Is Peanut microchipped?
Aussie, do you know that Peanut is a bird?
I believe they band birds
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(09-04-2019, 01:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 12:29 PM)sally Wrote: I think the humane society has peanut

*gasp* This is the best possible news! PleasePleasePlease let it be Peanut.

I know you must be frantic to go there. Were you able to contact them and tell them you are coming to check just as soon as it's safe to drive?

If it's Peanut, and I pray it is, at least she's safe and is being cared for. How can I not know if Peanut is a male or female. WTF. That just occurred to me. Hang in there, honey.
They said it was a picture at a hurricane shelter and the owner dropped it off and picked it back up. Why they have pictures of people's pets at shelters on their website, I don't know. People go to their website looking for lost pets and they have pictures of owned pets on there. It makes no sense.
(09-05-2019, 12:50 PM)sally Wrote: They said it was a picture at a hurricane shelter and the owner dropped it off and picked it back up. Why they have pictures of people's pets at shelters on their website, I don't know. People go to their website looking for lost pets and they have pictures of owned pets on there. It makes no sense.

Sonofabitch! I can only imagine how you must have felt hearing that.

Stupidest thing ever with those pix. FFS.
They told me that they cant give me any information on the owner which I didn't ask for in the first place. All I asked is what shelter that was because it's possible someone may have found my bird and took it to the shelter before evacuating. I'm going to message them back and ask if they can contact the owner and just ask if they may have acquired the bird in the past 3 weeks and may have just not seen my lost ads. They'll probably say no, but if they get pissy with me I'm going to tell them that I wouldn't even be asking if you didnt have pictures of owned pets on a lost and found website and giving false hope to people. Assholes.
This is the picture they have posted on their site. Some lady saw it on there and knew she had seen that bird before. So she went out of her way right before the storm to go back to the flyer she remembered seeing and get my number from it to call me. When I saw it I started crying. Her feet are not light like that, however, she has gray feet. Although I read that trauma and illness can cause their feet to discolor which could very well be as she's been in the wild for 3 weeks. I'm not trying to claim anyone's pet, I'm not just looking at every possibility. That also looks like a makeshift cage the owner brought it in. Just seems odd.

[Image: m8RjqRml.jpg]
(09-05-2019, 02:06 PM)sally Wrote: giving false hope to people

That's the part that pissed me off.
This is fucked up.

45846688jerry
(09-05-2019, 02:24 PM)sally Wrote: This is the picture they have posted on their site. Some lady saw it on there and knew she had seen that bird before. So she went out of her way right before the storm to go back to the flyer she remembered seeing and get my number from it to call me. When I saw it I started crying. Her feet are not light like that, however, she has gray feet. Although I read that trauma and illness can cause their feet to discolor which could very well be as she's been in the wild for 3 weeks. I'm not trying to claim anyone's pet, I'm not just looking at every possibility. That also looks like a makeshift cage the owner brought it in. Just seems odd.

[Image: m8RjqRml.jpg]

Playing Devil's advocate, I hate to ponder the thought that the frickin shelter may have sold or ever collected a reward from the lady who now has the bird. That shelter story sounds dubious.

Now playing detective, look at the pictures  you have of peanut, and check if your bird had what looks like a white spot on it's left side, see bird standing on the perch, count 8-1/2 squares up from perch.
Now, Look at the coloring and marks on the beak, anything that may identify your bird.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I looked back on their website and scrolled down further and the do have an album of some of their employees staying at the shelter with the animals. They had another picture of that bird and it's not her. There was a tag on its cage saying her name is Victoria and she is 24 years old. Which would explain why she looks a bit rough. So another huge disappointment. I keep getting leads and going on wild goose chases and nothing has come from it. An old ady called me and swore there was a parrot in her tree, so I raced over there 10 miles away and the damn thing turned out to be a woodpecker. At least people care though and are looking.
Peanut is a young vibrant looking bird so when I saw the picture I thought that perhaps roughing it out in the wild for three weeks got her looking sick and tired. But that's just an old bird that by huge coincidence is a Senegal and it's picture posted right along with all the lost and found pets.
This is her helping me cook. Well not helping me really, more like just being a pain in the ass and eating the cauliflower.

[Image: gNIuoCjl.jpg]
OMG she is so cute.

(09-05-2019, 07:31 PM)sally Wrote: I looked back on their website and scrolled down further and the do have an album of some of their employees staying at the shelter with the animals. They had another picture of that bird and it's not her. There was a tag on its cage saying her name is Victoria and she is 24 years old. Which would explain why she looks a bit rough.  So another huge disappointment. I keep getting leads and going on wild goose chases and nothing has come from it. An old ady called me and swore there was a parrot in her tree, so I raced over there 10 miles away and the damn thing turned out to be a woodpecker. At least people care though and are looking.

That's so sad Sally, "huge disappointment" is putting it mildly! I'm sure it's killing you, but never give up hope, you sometimes hear of mericals happening.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-02-2019, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, I just want you to know that a Christian organization were out on a pier in JAX attempting to pray away the hurricane. I hope this helps, hun.

Remember that ^^^^^^^^? They are taking credit for keeping Dorian away from Florida.
They prayed the slowacane away!
Well then why didn't they pray to keep it away from the Bahamas and Carolinas. I guess God just holds a special place for Florida in his heart.
When you guys die that's it, no heaven or hell for you just ashes and assholes. Everyone else will go to a higher plane where a body doesn't matter anymore and the mysteries of the universe will be revealed, the past although meaningless by then will be thought of as a stage of growth that was needed to move up the ladder of the eternal wonderfulness of being.  

I understand. I do. And You have pity on your side.  Blowing-kisses

And Jamaica has plenty of money to rebuild, all the tourist traps there and all the corporate money they have is secure. they will be fine.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.