Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

RE: ~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~

Earl could affect areas in the United States from the Carolinas to Cape Cod, Massachusetts , over Labor Day weekend, said CNN meteorologist Jacqui Jeras. HEY! stay the hell away from here!

It is too soon to tell whether the storm could make landfall, she said. However, outer bands of the storm are likely to hit North Carolina beginning Thursday.
North Carolina's Outer Banks and Massachusetts' Cape Cod are at greatest risk for being grazed by Hurricane Earl's wind and rain late this week. The hurricane may then threaten Nova Scotia and Newfoundland next weekend.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-30-2010 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm becoming a little concerned about Earl now.

OC, Maryland is just a few miles from where I spend time in South Bethany and the lifeguards there had 477 water rescues over the weekend. Stupid people abound. 78

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
08-30-2010 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

fucker is a dangerous cat 4 now. just upgraded. i may board up windows around wednesday, depending on track.
funny bastards in Boston newspapers are saying Cape Codders should evacuate to western mass. you blow beantown! 86
haha you won't be having your big last hurrah on the Cape for labor day weekend!

08-30-2010 05:01 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

Yep, an Earl warning was just announced a little while ago on the news here, stating it may possibly hit anywhere from NC to Maine! Get the candles out LC, I got mine!!!

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
08-30-2010 08:53 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

i always have lots of candles! what i need is chicken soup!
~~~chicken hot tub~~~

[Image: 4106556123_9ecf84c981.jpg]
[Image: Animated-Candle-Display-candles-7208721-324-176.gif]

Earl could become a cat 5. The last Category 5 hurricane to make landfall in the United States was Andrew, which came ashore near Homestead, Fla., on August 24, 1992. the destruction was like ground zero after atomic bomb.

08-31-2010 04:54 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

look at that sonofabitch! it's aimed right at me! they are talking evacuations! WHY for christsake did i ever bother to leave fucking florida?? i KNEW the bastards would follow me!
i just stocked up on some canned goods and stripped some veg from the garden. but what's the point if there is no frigging electricity?!
one thing i learned after 12 fucking hurricanes was get some damn cash from the ATM and gas up the car.
because none of those things will work if the power is out all over the fucking place.
i am so pissed off. Furious

[Image: trackmap_storm2.jpg]

08-31-2010 04:30 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

My local weather people suck. They are telling us not to be concerned while the weather channel keeps telling me to pay attention to what's going on because changes are coming. WTF.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
08-31-2010 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(08-31-2010 04:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:  look at that sonofabitch! it's aimed right at me! they are talking evacuations! WHY for christsake did i ever bother to leave fucking florida?? i KNEW the bastards would follow me!
i just stocked up on some canned goods and stripped some veg from the garden. but what's the point if there is no frigging electricity?!
one thing i learned after 12 fucking hurricanes was get some damn cash from the ATM and gas up the car.
because none of those things will work if the power is out all over the fucking place.
i am so pissed off. Furious

[Image: trackmap_storm2.jpg]

Not to throw gas on a fire, but. . . . . . . . TS Fiona is not far behind Earl. At this time, it was said tracking of Fiona bares watching! :O Ofcourse, we first have to get past how did you so ably put it, sonofabitch Earl!!

08-31-2010 06:49 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

as of wednesday morning...
you can't force locals to evacuate, but in florida we would go take a census of those who refused to leave barrier islands so we knew whose bodies to look for later.

Cape Cod and Island residents and tourists are advised to create a plan to evacuate the area if that becomes necessary.

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Tourists on a North Carolina vacation destination island were ordered to board the ferries and head for the mainland Wednesday and more evacuations could be on the way as powerful Hurricane Earl threatened to sideswipe the East Coast.

Hyde County emergency officials said the evacuation of Ocracoke Island starts at 5 a.m. for about 5,000 visitors. The 800 or so year-round residents don't have to heed it, but Emergency Services Director Lindsey Mooney said officials hope they'll follow tourists on the 2 12 hour trip to shore.

"I don't remember the last time there was a mandatory evacuation order for the island," Hyde County Commissioner Kenneth Collier said.

More evacuations along the Eastern Seaboard could follow, depending on the path taken by the storm, which weakened to a Category 3 hurricane early Wednesday as it whipped across the Caribbean with winds of 125 mph.

Earl was expected to remain over the open ocean before turning north and running parallel to the East Coast, bringing high winds and heavy rain to North Carolina's Outer Banks by late Thursday or early Friday. From there, forecasters said, it could curve away from the coast somewhat as it makes it way north, perhaps hitting Massachusetts' CAPE COD and the Maine shoreline on Friday night and Saturday.

09-01-2010 07:08 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

MaybeIouttatakeinmyredtomatossotheydontblowawayblowawayblowaway.

09-01-2010 08:10 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

fabulous photo of Earl taken by an astronaut at International Space Station.

[Image: hurricaneearlspace_20100901081104_640_480.JPG]

09-01-2010 09:07 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

..........If I just had enough Ganja to get up that high............I would like watching the storms from space. Kewlpics

09-01-2010 10:21 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

0615 thursday
Frank's going to get a blow job at last~~~

[Image: tropical_warnings.jpg]

09-02-2010 06:40 AM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

Yep Earl's commin, later on tonight, & or tomorrow morning! I'm going out now to take in all sailing objects!
Good Luck to those of us who need it!

09-02-2010 09:05 AM