Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
oh shit Cracker, i didn't even think about Violet! 28

that was perfect!

i shall have some tea with my Royal Doulton with the hand-painted periwinkles now. *sniff*

I'll try not to drop the cup!

Let us know about your son.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Cracker i finally got this mail from Texas son today:

"45 acres burned down the through the woods from here 6 power towers down ..... I took the girls out of school cause the school is between fire and my place... Friday".

so i am now waiting to hear if his property is in danger. he sends me brief little tweets. it's not getting any better out there. :( i feel for all those who have lost their homes. so many.

Dec. 2011
wow. 650+ dead.

many more photos at link below.

[Image: article-2075439-0F3727C400000578-600_636x382.jpg]

[Image: article-2075439-0F36733F00000578-32_634x383.jpg]

More than 650 people have been killed - most of them children - and hundreds more are still missing after a typhoon hit the southern Philippines, triggering flash floods and landslides.

Typhoon Washi, with winds gusting up to 56mph, hit the island of Mindanao late on Friday, bringing heavy rain that also grounded some domestic flights and left wide areas without power.

The hardest-hit areas were the cities of Iligan and Cagayan de Oro. Houses were swept into the sea while people were sleeping inside.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1gvRRhX3T

2012 early start to hurricane season, which begins June 1. ~~

[Image: RADAR_Southeast.jpg]

[Image: strm1_strike_720x486.jpg]

- A low pressure system off the coast of South Carolina became Tropical Storm Alberto Saturday afternoon.

- This is the first tropical storm of the season and has sustained winds near 50 miles per hour.

- The center is located about 105 miles southeast of Charleston, South Carolina, or about 145 miles east of Savannah, Georgia, as of 11 p.m. Eastern Time Saturday evening.

- Alberto is moving to the southwest near 6 miles per hour.

- A slow southwest motion is expected through Sunday with a turn to the west-northwest and then the north by Monday.

- A tropical storm watch has been issued for parts of the South Carolina Coast between the Savannah River and the South Santee River: this includes Charleston and Beaufort.

Glad to see Alberto is a weak mutha. I wouldn't mind seeing some rain out of him though.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
ah, this explains the thunderstorms forecast for VT for Monday and Tuesday.

Going to be 90 today here and sunny. We're putting everything in the ground today...all the tomatoes. The tomatillo starts have some sort of fungus, I'm not sure about those, might start some more from seed. I hate tomato blight.
(05-20-2012, 09:15 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: ah, this explains the thunderstorms forecast for VT for Monday and Tuesday.

Going to be 90 today here and sunny. We're putting everything in the ground today...all the tomatoes. The tomatillo starts have some sort of fungus, I'm not sure about those, might start some more from seed. I hate tomato blight.

Try misting those tomatillios with a 10% vinegar and water solution see if it clears up the fungus.

don't soak them just mist them a few times.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

today is the official first day of hurricane season

[Image: 120524030918-hurricane-irene-story-top.jpg]

may be a Cat 1, no threat to U.S.

[Image: spec_sat3_600_en.jpg]

[Image: map_tropprjpath05_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg]

[Image: map_tropinfo05_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg]

After lashing parts of the Windward Islands with wind gusts up to 63 mph and bands of locally heavy rain, the center of Tropical Storm Ernesto is now in the Caribbean Sea, and looks increasingly likely to threaten parts of the western Caribbean early next week.

Ernesto will continue to bring showers with locally heavy rain and gusty winds in the Windward Islands lingering into Saturday
Here is a rough outline, subject to change, when Ernesto may make its closest approach to these areas. Interests in these areas should monitor the progress of Ernesto closely.

- Jamaica: Sunday. Rain and wind may linger there into early Monday.

- Grand Cayman: Monday possibly lingering into early Tuesday

- Cancun/Cozumel: Wednesday possibly lingering into early Thursday

We could really use the rain one of them brings but I'm not exactly wishing for something like that after the storm we had at the beginning of July. Ugh.
i was down there for Andrew. my Aunt lost her home and a whole lifetime with it. but she lived somehow, cowering in a bathtub as the roof of her house sheered off. she trembles with fear even today when a 'cane is coming. i used to also.
it was devastation i can never describe. no mere photos do it justice. i would liken it to Hiroshima.

---------------------------------------------

MiamiHerald.com

Twenty years ago this week, a Category 5 chainsaw called Hurricane Andrew cut a swath of ruin like no storm before it.

More than 28,000 homes were destroyed, 107,000 damaged — a toll that made it the nation’s costliest natural catastrophe until Katrina in 2005. Fifteen people were killed in Miami-Dade alone. Dozens more died in exhausting months of clean-up. Some 180,000 were left homeless, 1.4 million without power.

The numbers don’t fully explain the impact. South Miami-Dade resembled a post-war zone for one grueling summer — tent cities, food lines, soldiers on patrol, residents packing weapons.

Andrew would strengthen building codes but send insurance rates soaring. It would force an overhaul of overwhelmed state and federal disaster agencies. It would fuel a boom in South Broward and flight from ground zero, where stress showed in spikes of divorce, murder and suicide rates.

And it would etch memories on a community — powerful, painful, even funny with the perspective of two decades. Thousands of people rode out Andrew. Kathy Stone did it in a place called Country Walk, which neighbors assured her was safe. Addi Casseus, terrified she’d never make it to high school, found strength in her parents’ stories as the family huddled together. Capt. Peter Skipp survived adrift in the maelstrom of Biscayne Bay.

In voices from the storm, a common theme emerges: To fully understand Andrew’s fury, you had to be there. But you wouldn’t want to be.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/18/29...rylink=cpy

When I was in a shelter for Charley, I met some people that were in Andrew. They told me that they evacuated for Andrew and when they were allowed back in, they couldn't find their neighborhood, that they'd lived in for 10 years. There were no identifying landmarks, such as trees or houses or signs. It all looked exactly the same. They found the area where there house had once stood after a day of searching. It was an empty slab. They found nothing. No appliances, no furniture, no personal effects. I couldn't imagine. We lost our stand up pool and a hurricane shutter. Three houses down, they lost their whole roof. I have picture of it in the baseball field across the street, with ceiling fans and light fixtures still attached.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
YASSSSSS! BLOW ALL THE POLS OUT TO SEA! hah

Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn told FoxNews.com just days before the start of the Republican National Convention that he's prepared to order an evacuation of the host city if Tropical Storm Isaac strengthens to hurricane force and looks like it could make a "direct hit."

"The safety of my residents and our guests and visitors is my number one concern," Buckhorn said.

Both Tampa and the Republican National Committee are taking precautions in case the storm threatens to rain on the GOP gala set to kick off Monday. For the time being, nobody really knows where the storm will hit or how strong it will be. The current forecast has Isaac strengthening into a hurricane Thursday night and heading toward South Florida, arriving around Monday.

[Image: trop_4_forecast.jpg]

well if i were still living in Keys i'd be busy!
State of Emergency in Florida
and activated.

[Image: bf-hurrismileypalm.gif]

[Image: trop_4_forecast.jpg]

Isaac is now close to hurricane strength as it moves toward Haiti. A hurricane warning has been issued for the Florida Keys and part of South Florida, and a tropical storm warning has been issued for part southeast Florida.

I'm keeping a close eye on it too, LC. It's heading straight towards my mother. Hopefully it wont be cat 2 strength by the time it gets to the panhandle.
Gonna get a lot of rain here. I'll probably lose Monday as a production day, maybe Tuesday. Back to humping and bumping after that. I'll keep an eye on it to see if I need to button up or anything.

This is what they are doing down south right now. You just know someone will be crying the blues when their dumbass loved one gets swept out to sea.

[Image: a-WAVE-233x155.jpg]
Isaac's speed increases near Florida Straits

[Image: map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg]

KEY WEST, Fla. – Tropical Storm Isaac gained fresh muscle Sunday as it bore down on the Florida Keys, threatening to be at or near hurricane strength approaching the island chain, and forecasters warned Isaac could grow into an extremely dangerous Category 2 hurricane on an expected track toward the northern Gulf Coast.

Isaac's drew new strength early Sunday during a warm-water crossing of the Florida Straits after causing weekend havoc in Cuba, where it downed trees and power lines, and after leaving four dead earlier in Haiti.

On Key West, locals followed time-worn preparedness rituals such as many hunkered down for a lashing Sunday from Isaac swamped the Caribbean and shuffled plans for the Republican National Convention.

"Currently Isaac is a tropical storm that's expected to become a hurricane as it reaches Key West ... then it will move into the Gulf of Mexico and is expected to strengthen" further, said Meteorologist Jessica Schauer with the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami.

boarding up in Key West today. but my cousin says the hurricane parties are in full swing! Conchs (locals) never evacuate, they party!

[Image: key_west_82612.jpg]

[Image: hurricane%20party!!.jpg]

[Image: draft_lens2212642module120202731photo_12...g_conch_sh]