Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?? is Danielle coming up the Eastern seaboard? did i get out of fucking florida only to have the fuckers follow me up the coast??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Nowhy

maybe it's going to Frank's house? hah

(08-24-2010, 06:04 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?? is Danielle coming up the Eastern seaboard? did i get out of fucking florida only to have the fuckers follow me up the coast??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Nowhy

maybe it's going to Frank's house? hah

Looks like you brought them with you!!! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Danielle should be a Cat 3 tonight. Earl may be trouble much later. and there's another one behind Earl. it IS peak season.

Tropical Storm Earl now is forecast to become a major hurricane with sustained winds of 115 mph and curve about 500 miles east of the southern Bahamas by next Tuesday.

The latest projected path has shifted slightly to the west, putting the storm closer to the U.S. coastline, generally toward the Carolinas.

Whether the system turns north out to sea will depend on whether it finds its way around an area of high pressure to its north, forecasters said.

At 5 p.m. Thursday, Earl was in the Central Atlantic about 1,620 miles east of the Leeward Islands, moving west at 18 mph with sustained winds of 45 mph. It is expect to strengthen into a hurricane within the next two days.

Hurricane Danielle, meanwhile, continues to strengthen and is on the verge of becoming a major system.

At 5 p.m. Thursday, Danielle was 680 miles southeast of Bermuda, moving northwest at 15 mph with sustained winds of 110 mph, just shy of Category 3 status.

Its sustained winds are forecast to intensify to 120 mph as it approaches the small island nation on Sunday. The projected path would take the storm about 200 east of Bermuda, precariously close.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The biggest one that got the closest to us was Floyd. The winds were awesome, I never knew that trees could bend so far without breaking & the amount of rain was incredible. I'll take a hurricane over a tornado any day.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
tornadoes ARE horrible, but very fast and localized.
i was in florida for MANY 'canes, and Andrew in Miami environs destroyed two of my family members' homes completely and they lost everything they ever owned. my aunt nearly was killed hiding in a bathtub while her roof tore off. all their sentimental things gone forever. it destroyed lives and everything for miles around. it looked like Hiroshima.
and of course there was Katrina.

tornadoes are scary as shit too. 'canes will spawn them.

the only times i have truly been afraid in my life were when a hurricane was aimed at me.

Strangely enough I never worry about dying in a hurricane/tornado. I worry about all my "stuff". I love my stuff. Ima materialistic bitch.
i never worried about being killed either, i took cover in the jail which is a fortress. but did worry about losing everything like my aunt and cousins did.

When I was still working, I started driving to work (5am) in a heavy snow/wind storm. A normal 25 minute drive took me over two hours, me braving the poor visibility, heavy wind driven snow storm the whole way!!!
Anyway when I finally got to the company's parking lot, there were the company's "secutiry guards" turning around and sending home any one stupid enough to try to make it to work that day! So I turned around in the parking lot & drove home. It was later said on the news, that the wind driven snow reached upto 70+mph, but it was not considered a hurricane! It sure seemed like a hurricane to stupid me!

there ARE snow hurricanes Cars! only we call them nor'easters!

MIAMI -- Hurricane Danielle became a CAT 4! storm early Friday far out over the Atlantic as it headed in Bermuda's direction and threatened to bring dangerous rip currents to the U.S. East Coast.

Danielle's maximum sustained winds increased to near 135 mph with some additional strengthening possible.

Is that sucka coming up the east coast?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-27-2010, 10:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: Is that sucka coming up the east coast?

doesn't look like NE will get anything but maybe surf.
have to watch Earl too.

All we have are some rip currents right offshore & the fools will still get in the water & need to be rescued because they don't pay attention to the flags on the beach.
looks like Earl is going to affect East coast by next Friday.

Miami, Florida (CNN) -- Forecast to gain "major" Category 3 status, Hurricane Earl pushed Sunday toward the islands of Antigua and Barbuda with its outer rainbands, the National Hurricane Center said.

A hurricane warning was in effect for Antigua, Barbuda, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis, Anguilla, St. Martin, St. Barthelemy, Saba and St. Eustatius, forecasters said. A hurricane watch and a tropical storm warning was in effect for the British and U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, including the islands of Culebra and Vieques.

Tropical storm-force conditions were forecast in the warning area later Sunday, with hurricane conditions expected early Monday, forecasters said. Tropical storm conditions were expected to spread across the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico on Monday, with hurricane conditions possible on Monday night.

"Strengthening is expected during the next 48 hours, and Earl is forecast to become a major hurricane by Tuesday," forecasters said. Earl was forecast to turn west-northwest and slow down over the next day. Tracking maps show it moving northward away from the Caribbean and possibly affecting the U.S. East Coast by Friday.

Oh noooooo. Please don't let it come up the Chesapeake.

86 For R who tells me that's Earl's path.
Earl could affect areas in the United States from the Carolinas to Cape Cod, Massachusetts , over Labor Day weekend, said CNN meteorologist Jacqui Jeras. HEY! stay the hell away from here!

It is too soon to tell whether the storm could make landfall, she said. However, outer bands of the storm are likely to hit North Carolina beginning Thursday.
North Carolina's Outer Banks and Massachusetts' Cape Cod are at greatest risk for being grazed by Hurricane Earl's wind and rain late this week. The hurricane may then threaten Nova Scotia and Newfoundland next weekend.

I'm becoming a little concerned about Earl now.

OC, Maryland is just a few miles from where I spend time in South Bethany and the lifeguards there had 477 water rescues over the weekend. Stupid people abound. 78
fucker is a dangerous cat 4 now. just upgraded. i may board up windows around wednesday, depending on track.
funny bastards in Boston newspapers are saying Cape Codders should evacuate to western mass. you blow beantown! 86
haha you won't be having your big last hurrah on the Cape for labor day weekend!

Yep, an Earl warning was just announced a little while ago on the news here, stating it may possibly hit anywhere from NC to Maine! Get the candles out LC, I got mine!!!

i always have lots of candles! what i need is chicken soup!
~~~chicken hot tub~~~

[Image: 4106556123_9ecf84c981.jpg]
[Image: Animated-Candle-Display-candles-7208721-324-176.gif]

Earl could become a cat 5. The last Category 5 hurricane to make landfall in the United States was Andrew, which came ashore near Homestead, Fla., on August 24, 1992. the destruction was like ground zero after atomic bomb.

look at that sonofabitch! it's aimed right at me! they are talking evacuations! WHY for christsake did i ever bother to leave fucking florida?? i KNEW the bastards would follow me!
i just stocked up on some canned goods and stripped some veg from the garden. but what's the point if there is no frigging electricity?!
one thing i learned after 12 fucking hurricanes was get some damn cash from the ATM and gas up the car.
because none of those things will work if the power is out all over the fucking place.
i am so pissed off. Furious

[Image: trackmap_storm2.jpg]