Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~

My local weather people suck. They are telling us not to be concerned while the weather channel keeps telling me to pay attention to what's going on because changes are coming. WTF.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-31-2010, 04:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: look at that sonofabitch! it's aimed right at me! they are talking evacuations! WHY for christsake did i ever bother to leave fucking florida?? i KNEW the bastards would follow me!
i just stocked up on some canned goods and stripped some veg from the garden. but what's the point if there is no frigging electricity?!
one thing i learned after 12 fucking hurricanes was get some damn cash from the ATM and gas up the car.
because none of those things will work if the power is out all over the fucking place.
i am so pissed off. Furious

[Image: trackmap_storm2.jpg]

Not to throw gas on a fire, but. . . . . . . . TS Fiona is not far behind Earl. At this time, it was said tracking of Fiona bares watching! :O Ofcourse, we first have to get past how did you so ably put it, sonofabitch Earl!!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

as of wednesday morning...
you can't force locals to evacuate, but in florida we would go take a census of those who refused to leave barrier islands so we knew whose bodies to look for later.

Cape Cod and Island residents and tourists are advised to create a plan to evacuate the area if that becomes necessary.

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Tourists on a North Carolina vacation destination island were ordered to board the ferries and head for the mainland Wednesday and more evacuations could be on the way as powerful Hurricane Earl threatened to sideswipe the East Coast.

Hyde County emergency officials said the evacuation of Ocracoke Island starts at 5 a.m. for about 5,000 visitors. The 800 or so year-round residents don't have to heed it, but Emergency Services Director Lindsey Mooney said officials hope they'll follow tourists on the 2 12 hour trip to shore.

"I don't remember the last time there was a mandatory evacuation order for the island," Hyde County Commissioner Kenneth Collier said.

More evacuations along the Eastern Seaboard could follow, depending on the path taken by the storm, which weakened to a Category 3 hurricane early Wednesday as it whipped across the Caribbean with winds of 125 mph.

Earl was expected to remain over the open ocean before turning north and running parallel to the East Coast, bringing high winds and heavy rain to North Carolina's Outer Banks by late Thursday or early Friday. From there, forecasters said, it could curve away from the coast somewhat as it makes it way north, perhaps hitting Massachusetts' CAPE COD and the Maine shoreline on Friday night and Saturday.

MaybeIouttatakeinmyredtomatossotheydontblowawayblowawayblowaway.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
fabulous photo of Earl taken by an astronaut at International Space Station.

[Image: hurricaneearlspace_20100901081104_640_480.JPG]

..........If I just had enough Ganja to get up that high............I would like watching the storms from space. Kewlpics
0615 thursday
Frank's going to get a blow job at last~~~

[Image: tropical_warnings.jpg]

Yep Earl's commin, later on tonight, & or tomorrow morning! I'm going out now to take in all sailing objects!
Good Luck to those of us who need it!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

you take care too Cars! 72
i'm headed out for bottled water and peanut butter!
the sagamore and bourne bridges from mainland to Cape could be shut down, Cape Codders on their own~~~ but are a hardy seafaring lot~~~
i picked the garden, my son bringing outdoor furniture to the basement, and i piled up candles. i need a hamster to run my computer!
it's early yet, but anyone in the line of fire keep us updated, and also check in after it's over or you get power back!

Attached Files
.gif   hamster.gif (Size: 4.58 KB / Downloads: 129)

The beaches are crowded today here. I hope this works so you can see the surf. It's really not too bad at all.

http://www.bethanycam.com/

now IGOR is lurking out there. hurricane season isn't over yet~~
(CNN) -- The hurricane known as Igor is getting brawnier, with winds up to 80 mph (130 kph) as it continues moving across the Atlantic Ocean, the National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida, said Sunday.

"Igor is expected to gather strength and become a dangerous Category 3 on Monday, and may reach Category 4 strength on Tuesday or Wednesday," said CNN meteorologist Dave Hennen.
edit later Sunday to add---Igor grew from a tropical storm to a hurricane Saturday night and swelled from a Category 2 to a Category 4 storm in the three hours between the late morning and early afternoon advisories from the National Hurricane Center

i attached a couple good pics i had saved from Earl...our lighthouse flying the hurricane flags and a woman on Nantucket waiting for Earl. hah

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

9/14/2010

[Image: igor-julia-stats-0914-5am_rdax_676x456.jpg]

We should have a contest to see who can guess where that critter will hit landfall. I say South Carolina. Whoever wins gets a free air spanking.

Attached Files
.gif   th_av-187.gif (Size: 45.38 KB / Downloads: 91)

I'd like to see it dump some rain on us, we need it badly.

I think this one will be another dud. The friggin' weather people up & down the coast had many worked into a frenzy over nothing. We got two drops of rain & a puff of wind.
i think it's going to wipe bermuda off the map. hah

Attached Files
.gif   \'cane.gif (Size: 6.88 KB / Downloads: 132)

Haiti IS looking for a rubble remover.
told ya~~

(CNN) -- Residents in Bermuda on Saturday braced for a direct hit from Hurricane Igor as it churned toward the Atlantic island as a Category 2 storm.

Conditions on the island are expected to deteriorate Saturday ahead of Igor's expected passover late Sunday or early Monday, according to the National Hurricane Center.

"Igor is expected to remain a dangerous hurricane as it approaches Bermuda," the center said.

Large waves generated by the storm were already pounding beaches Saturday afternoon, CNN iReporter Michael Branco said.

"A dangerous storm surge is expected to produce significant coastal flooding on Bermuda," the hurricane center said. "The surge will be accompanied by large and destructive waves, especially along the southern coast."

The weather agency said swells will affect the East Coast of the United States, Puerto Rico, the Leeward Islands, Hispanola and parts of the Bahamas over the weekend.

"These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip currents," the hurricane center said.

June 1, 2011

today is the first day of hurricane season. although we don't usually see the big ones until around september.

[Image: Wilma_014.jpg]

News media is already about to have a cat shit to get a storm so they can run out on the beach with cameras
hahahaha i'm not there anymore! blow away! hah

[Image: H_5_POS_FORECAST-11am-0803_rdax_676x456.jpg]