Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The Death Penalty in Japan, Iran...and elsewhere
Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

RE: The Death Penalty in Japan...and elsewhere

brief video here, iran made the woman recreate murder. talk about self-incrimination! she is still under death sentence by hanging, i think this video is to justify it when they do it.
link to video:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-N...1585?f=rss

Sky News Online
A woman sentenced to be stoned to death in Iran for adultery has been filmed by state television confessing and re-enacting the murder of her husband.

State-run English language Press TV said its half-hour film was meant to show the other side of a story that has been misrepresented by international media.

But it may only serve to prompt yet more questions about human rights and press freedom in Iran.

Following an international outcry, Sakineh Ashtiani's sentence was suspended in September.

It is not clear why she had agreed to take part in the film.

It shows her acting out her alleged role in the murder of her husband, for which she faces possible hanging.

Ms Ashtiani is shown injecting her husband with a sedative before an actor playing her lover arrives to attach wires to his feet and neck and plug them into an electrical socket.

"He had decided to kill my husband by electrocuting him," she says in the interview.

The reconstruction is interspersed with actual photographs of the dead man, Ibrahim Abedzadeh, with vivid burns on his body. He was murdered in 2005.

Earlier this week, pictures from the video wrongly led to campaigners to believe Ms Ashtiani had been released.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-11-2010 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

Iran on Saturday hanged Iranian-Dutch woman Zahra Bahrami for selling and possessing drugs, dismissing repeated pleas by The Netherlands which had sought details about her case.
Bahrami's execution is the latest in a slew of hangings carried out by the Islamic republic in January. Her execution takes the total number of people hanged in Iran so far this year to 66, according to media reports.

"A drug trafficker named Zahra Bahrami, daughter of Ali, was hanged early on Saturday morning after she was convicted of selling and possessing drugs," the Tehran prosecutor's office said.

Bahrami, a 46-year-old Iranian-born naturalised Dutch citizen, was reportedly arrested in December 2009 after joining a protest against the government while visiting relatives in the Islamic republic.

01-30-2011 07:13 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

(12-11-2010 05:13 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:  brief video here, iran made the woman recreate murder. talk about self-incrimination! she is still under death sentence by hanging, i think this video is to justify it when they do it.
link to video:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-N...1585?f=rss

Sky News Online
A woman sentenced to be stoned to death in Iran for adultery has been filmed by state television confessing and re-enacting the murder of her husband.

State-run English language Press TV said its half-hour film was meant to show the other side of a story that has been misrepresented by international media.

But it may only serve to prompt yet more questions about human rights and press freedom in Iran.

Following an international outcry, Sakineh Ashtiani's sentence was suspended in September.

It is not clear why she had agreed to take part in the film.

It shows her acting out her alleged role in the murder of her husband, for which she faces possible hanging.

Ms Ashtiani is shown injecting her husband with a sedative before an actor playing her lover arrives to attach wires to his feet and neck and plug them into an electrical socket.

"He had decided to kill my husband by electrocuting him," she says in the interview.

The reconstruction is interspersed with actual photographs of the dead man, Ibrahim Abedzadeh, with vivid burns on his body. He was murdered in 2005.

Earlier this week, pictures from the video wrongly led to campaigners to believe Ms Ashtiani had been released.

This re-enactment of the "crime" was riddled with flaws. The whole story they came up with didn't make sense and once they released this video it exposed there nonsense and how transparent their lies were. They have gone quiet on the subject of this woman.

Its pure evil what they are putting this woman through. They have arrested 2 german journalists who were trying to find out the truth about this story and they remain in jail in iran.

02-24-2011 07:57 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

Daily Mail

An Indonesian maid faces being beheaded in Saudi Arabia after murdering the employer she claimed had tried to rape her.

Darsem binti Dawud Tawar had pleaded self-defence when she went on trial accused of the fatal attack on her Yemeni boss.

Camapaigners are now desperately trying to raise half a million dollars in blood money to save her life.

They are asking for donations on TV and social networking sites like Facebook.

Darseem was found guilty at at Riyadh court in May 2009.

Indonesian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Kusuma Habir said the victim's family agreed to pardon her if she came up with 530,000 dollars (£340,000) - known in Arabic as 'diyat' or blood money - by July.

She said they had already collected 265,000 dollars (£170,000), through social networking site campaigns, television ads and appeals by local officials.

Human rights groups have repeatedly highlighted the abuse of maids - many of them foreign nationals - in Saudi Arabia.

Alone and unprotected, a large number have complained of being abused by their employers.

Female workers are particularly susceptible to violent physical attacks and rapes.

But many travel to the desert kingdom every year as work and wages are more plentiful than there than in their home countries.

beheading of drug dealer----->

03-03-2011 02:28 PM

thekid65 Offline
Mocker

How about this?

*graphic

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

03-03-2011 06:24 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

this one only got a caning. lucky woman. and they caned the man too! amazing!

Daily Mail
A woman flinches as she is about to be repeatedly caned for having an extramarital affair.

Irdayanti Mukhtar, 34, received nine lashes by Sharia Police for having a relationship with another man, even though she is said to be in the process of divorcing her husband.

The harsh punishment was meted out in front of a crowd of 200 people outside the Al Munawwarah Mosque in Jantho, Indonesia.
Brutal: An Indonesian official prepares to whip Irdavanti Mukhtar as another announces to the crowd what her punishment she will receive

The jeering crowd recorded the brutal beating on their mobile phones and camcorders and shouted for more beatings in the strict Muslim city.

Mukhtar had been sentenced to the punishment the previous day by a Sharia court where prosecutors said that she was guilty of being in 'close proximity' to another man.

Under Sharia law the offence carries a maximum beating of nine strokes with a cane or a minimum of three.

04-09-2011 04:09 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

XI'AN, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Yao Jiaxin, a university student who stabbed a young mother to death to cover up a hit-and-run accident, was executed on Tuesday in Xi'an, the capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, with the approval of the Supreme People's Court (SPC).

Yao, 21, a student at the Xi'an Conservatory of Music, was convicted of murdering Zhang Miao last October in Xi'an to prevent her from reporting an earlier incident in which Yao hit her with his car.

Yao was sentenced to death by the Xi'an Intermediate People's Court on April 22. He appealed his sentence after the trial.

The Shaanxi Provincial People's Procuratorate held that the facts of the case are clear and the evidence is sufficient and suggested rejecting the appeal and maintaining the court's judgment.

The Shaanxi Provincial Higher People's Court heard the case and rejected the appeal on May 20, sending the case to the Supreme People's Court for review.

The SPC reviewed the case and held that Yao had committed the crime of intentional killing, based on the fact that Yao ran into the victim while driving his car and resorted to murder to silence her.

"Yao stabbed the victim's chest, stomach and back several times until she died. The motive was extremely despicable, the measures extremely cruel and the consequences extremely serious," said a statement provided by the SPC.

Yao surrendered himself to police in the company of his parents four days after the murder. This was not enough for him to earn leniency, according to the SPC.

06-07-2011 07:45 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

How do they put people to death over there?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
06-07-2011 08:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

(06-07-2011 08:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

i'm fairly certain it's a bullet to the head.

06-07-2011 08:20 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Thanks! They don't waste any time do they. hah

06-07-2011 08:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

nope. no million dollars and 12 years on death row.

i just found this:

By REUTERS
Published: March 28, 2011
LONDON (Reuters) — China is believed to have put to death thousands of people in 2010, the human rights group Amnesty International said Monday. The estimate dwarfs the number of recorded executions in other countries, which the group says dropped from 714 in 2009 to at least 527 last year.

The group said, as it has in past years, that China, which classifies executions as state secrets, was thought to have executed far more people than the rest of the world combined. At least 23 countries carried out judicial executions in 2010, four more than the previous year, Amnesty said in its annual report on the death penalty, which it wants abolished.

China has scrapped the death penalty for 13 nonviolent crimes including smuggling historic relics and tax fraud-related offenses, but capital punishment will still apply to 55 offenses, Chinese news reports said last month.

”A number of countries continue to pass death sentences for drug-related offences, economic crimes, sexual relations between consenting adults and blasphemy, violating international human rights law forbidding the use of the death penalty except for the most serious crimes,” Amnesty’s secretary general, Salil Shetty, said in a statement.

Of the 527 executions recorded in 2010, at least 252 were carried out in Iran, at least 60 in North Korea, at least 53 in Yemen, 46 in the United States, at least 27 in Saudi Arabia, at least 18 in Libya and at least 17 in Syria, Amnesty said, noting that only a few countries published official figures.

Methods of execution used in 2010 included beheading, electrocution, hanging, lethal injection and shooting, the group said.

06-07-2011 08:31 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I struggle with my feelings regarding the death penalty. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I certainly think some people are worthy of it but I also know that some who are innocent fall through the cracks.

I read someone say in here recently that those who fell through the cracks were basically irrelevant, that shit happens and if the bad guys got what they deserved it was worth a few unfortunate ones who died for nothing.

06-07-2011 08:39 AM

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

(06-07-2011 08:20 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:  
(06-07-2011 08:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

i'm fairly certain it's a bullet to the head.

And I'm not kidding when I state that they send an invoice, for the price of the round to the offender's family, for payment.

I wonder if they get the wholesale price?

Retail makes it a triple insult!

06-07-2011 10:51 AM

Cracker Away
White Devil

(06-07-2011 08:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:  

I struggle with my feelings regarding the death penalty. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I certainly think some people are worthy of it but I also know that some who are innocent fall through the cracks.

I read someone say in here recently that those who fell through the cracks were basically irrelevant, that shit happens and if the bad guys got what they deserved it was worth a few unfortunate ones who died for nothing.

It pretty much takes DNA and a clear video to get the death penalty here. We don't convict innocent people and sentence them to death like we used to. The people convicted in the last decade were guilty. I feel pretty comfortable saying that.

(03-15-2013 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:  You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
06-07-2011 11:26 AM