Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Death Penalty in Japan, Iran...and elsewhere
XI'AN, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Yao Jiaxin, a university student who stabbed a young mother to death to cover up a hit-and-run accident, was executed on Tuesday in Xi'an, the capital of northwest China's Shaanxi Province, with the approval of the Supreme People's Court (SPC).

Yao, 21, a student at the Xi'an Conservatory of Music, was convicted of murdering Zhang Miao last October in Xi'an to prevent her from reporting an earlier incident in which Yao hit her with his car.

Yao was sentenced to death by the Xi'an Intermediate People's Court on April 22. He appealed his sentence after the trial.

The Shaanxi Provincial People's Procuratorate held that the facts of the case are clear and the evidence is sufficient and suggested rejecting the appeal and maintaining the court's judgment.

The Shaanxi Provincial Higher People's Court heard the case and rejected the appeal on May 20, sending the case to the Supreme People's Court for review.

The SPC reviewed the case and held that Yao had committed the crime of intentional killing, based on the fact that Yao ran into the victim while driving his car and resorted to murder to silence her.

"Yao stabbed the victim's chest, stomach and back several times until she died. The motive was extremely despicable, the measures extremely cruel and the consequences extremely serious," said a statement provided by the SPC.

Yao surrendered himself to police in the company of his parents four days after the murder. This was not enough for him to earn leniency, according to the SPC.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How do they put people to death over there?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-07-2011, 08:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:

i'm fairly certain it's a bullet to the head.

Thanks! They don't waste any time do they. hah
nope. no million dollars and 12 years on death row.

i just found this:

By REUTERS
Published: March 28, 2011
LONDON (Reuters) — China is believed to have put to death thousands of people in 2010, the human rights group Amnesty International said Monday. The estimate dwarfs the number of recorded executions in other countries, which the group says dropped from 714 in 2009 to at least 527 last year.

The group said, as it has in past years, that China, which classifies executions as state secrets, was thought to have executed far more people than the rest of the world combined. At least 23 countries carried out judicial executions in 2010, four more than the previous year, Amnesty said in its annual report on the death penalty, which it wants abolished.

China has scrapped the death penalty for 13 nonviolent crimes including smuggling historic relics and tax fraud-related offenses, but capital punishment will still apply to 55 offenses, Chinese news reports said last month.

”A number of countries continue to pass death sentences for drug-related offences, economic crimes, sexual relations between consenting adults and blasphemy, violating international human rights law forbidding the use of the death penalty except for the most serious crimes,” Amnesty’s secretary general, Salil Shetty, said in a statement.

Of the 527 executions recorded in 2010, at least 252 were carried out in Iran, at least 60 in North Korea, at least 53 in Yemen, 46 in the United States, at least 27 in Saudi Arabia, at least 18 in Libya and at least 17 in Syria, Amnesty said, noting that only a few countries published official figures.

Methods of execution used in 2010 included beheading, electrocution, hanging, lethal injection and shooting, the group said.

I struggle with my feelings regarding the death penalty. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I certainly think some people are worthy of it but I also know that some who are innocent fall through the cracks.

I read someone say in here recently that those who fell through the cracks were basically irrelevant, that shit happens and if the bad guys got what they deserved it was worth a few unfortunate ones who died for nothing.
(06-07-2011, 08:20 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(06-07-2011, 08:15 AM)Duchess Wrote:

i'm fairly certain it's a bullet to the head.

And I'm not kidding when I state that they send an invoice, for the price of the round to the offender's family, for payment.

I wonder if they get the wholesale price?

Retail makes it a triple insult!
(06-07-2011, 08:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I struggle with my feelings regarding the death penalty. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I certainly think some people are worthy of it but I also know that some who are innocent fall through the cracks.

I read someone say in here recently that those who fell through the cracks were basically irrelevant, that shit happens and if the bad guys got what they deserved it was worth a few unfortunate ones who died for nothing.

It pretty much takes DNA and a clear video to get the death penalty here. We don't convict innocent people and sentence them to death like we used to. The people convicted in the last decade were guilty. I feel pretty comfortable saying that.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(06-07-2011, 08:39 AM)Duchess Wrote:

It was me.

However, I also proposed a caveat to alleviate the possible execution of an innocent.

“All of those involved in the investigation and prosecution, of the innocent put to death, will suffer the same fate.”

If YOUR life was on the line, would this “up your game” to pursue justice?

Or would you be less likely to prosecute offenders?

My thoughts are for the victims . . . not so much the dirt-bags.
(06-07-2011, 11:38 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: It was me.

hah I know it was you but I was expressing tact because I appreciate you.

no hanging around and waiting 20 years to mete out justice.

[Image: article-2014275-0CFF6E8500000578-815_634x407.jpg]

This is the brutal lynching and public display of the close confidante who shot dead Ahmed Wali Karzai - the half-brother of president Hamid Karzai.

A group of men in plain clothes hung the corpse against the wall in Kandahar for around 20 minutes before they carried it away.

Ahmed Wali Karzai was assassinated on Tuesday by the man who is said to have been from his own tribe and home town, whom he had traveled with and worked alongside for seven years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1S1Y4TX9N

Iran has executed by hanging three men for the crime of having gay sex, early on Sunday morning, September 4th. The three men were officially executed for “forbidden acts against religion,” as Iran does not acknowledge the existence of homosexuality, which is also officially a crime.

[Image: ALeqM5goOLzo1rQIqYvQz3pq4t851_Hodw?docId...1-0&size=l]

The latest hangings bring to 180 the number of executions reported in Iran so far this year (AFP/File, Behrouz Mehri)

he was 17.

[Image: hanging-of-Alireza-Mollasoltani-in-Karaj-1.jpg]

21 September 2011

A 17-year old convicted of killing an athlete known as “Iran’s strongest man” was publicly hanged in the city of Karaj, near Tehran on Wednesday.

Alireza Molla-Soltani was sentenced to death last month for stabbing Ruhollah Dadashi, a popular athlete during a driving dispute on 17 July. The 17-year old said he panicked and stabbed Ruhollah Dadashi in self-defence after the athlete attacked him in the dark, according to local media reports.

Alireza Mollasoltani was hanged today, Wednesday, after the appellate court confirmed his death sentence for the murder of Ruhollah Dadashi. ISNA reports that Mollasoltani was hanged in public in the Golshahr area of Karaj. He was convicted of stabbing Dadashi last July in an altercation led to his death. Dadashi was known as "Iran's Strongest Man."
Reports indicate that before the hanging, Mollasoltani shouted to the public calling for mercy.

[Image: hanging-of-Alireza-Mollasoltani-in-Karaj-6.jpg]

Do these countries have less crime per capita than we do? I bet they do. People can say the death penalty isn't a deterrent here because most of our citizens who commit those kinds of crimes are too stupid to think ahead that far, but if our criminals KNEW they would be killed swiftly and publicly for their actions, it would have more of an effect. Range justice worked.

The KKK screwed us out of possible street executions by hanging with all their lynching. They didn't think ahead, either
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
VIDEO IS GRAPHIC

A Saudi Arabian ministry statement carried by the state news agency, SPA, stated that Abdul Hamid al-Fakki “practiced witchcraft and sorcery,” which are illegal under Saudi Arabia’s Islamic sharia law. Al-Fakki was beheaded in the western city of Medina on Monday, the interior ministry announced.

Abdul Hamid bin Hussein bin Moustafa al-Fakki was arrested in 2005 and sentenced to death two years later in the western city of Medina after being found guilty of producing a spell designed to lead to the reconciliation of his client’s divorced parents.

In October last year, Amnesty International said it had appealed to King Abdullah in a letter to commute Fakki’s death sentence. His execution brings to 42 the number of people beheaded in Saudi Arabia this year, according to an AFP tally based on official and human rights group reports.

In June, London-based watchdog Amnesty International called on Saudi Arabia to stop applying the death penalty, saying there had been a significant rise in the number of executions in the previous six weeks.

[Image: beheading.jpg?w=640&h=512]

video was removed by youtube

I want to watch but I don't want to watch. If you had told me not to, I would have immediately. 84
2/22/12

OUTRAGEOUS!

A trial court in Iran has issued its final verdict, ordering a Christian pastor to be put to death for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity, according to sources close to the pastor and his legal team.

Supporters fear Youcef Nadarkhani, a 34-year-old father of two who was arrested over two years ago on charges of apostasy, may now be executed at any time without prior warning, as death sentences in Iran may be carried out immediately or dragged out for years.

It is unclear whether Nadarkhani can appeal the execution order.

“The world needs to stand up and say that a man cannot be put to death because of his faith,” said Jordan Sekulow, executive director of The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ).

[Image: youceffam640.jpg]

wow! this is better than dancing with the stars! Love025
interviews with the condemned right before execution. details at link below.

[Image: article-2109756-11FCBD14000005DC-25_634x435.jpg]

The Execution Factor: It was designed as propaganda to deter would-be criminals. Instead interviews on death row have become China's new TV hit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1o6u4Rbfc

i don't know method of execution.

if only san quentin would take this stand.
---------------------------------------------------

(CNN) -- Gambia plans to execute all death row prisoners by September, the president said this week, sparking condemnation from human rights groups worldwide.

The tiny West African nation last executed an inmate about 30 years ago.

It is unclear what prompted the change in stance.

By the end of last year, Gambia had 44 people on death row, including two women, according to human rights activists.

Death row convicts will be executed by mid-September, President Yahya Jammeh said in a speech on state media Sunday that was rebroadcast Monday.

"All those guilty of serious crimes and are condemned will face the full force of the law," he said. "All punishments prescribed by law will be maintained in the country to ensure that criminals get what they deserve: that is, that those who kill are killed ... By the middle of next month, all the death sentences would have been carried out to the letter."

The nation imposes capital punishment for various crimes, including murder and treason, the latter commonly used to stifle dissent in some African nations.
He added that crimes like banditry, drug trafficking or illicit use, homosexuality, murder, terrorism and other subversive activities against either the state or the people will not be tolerated.

Agence France-Presse, which first reported Jammeh's announcement this week, said it had tallied the number of known death row inmates at 47. Justice authorities in the country, however, put the figure much higher, the news agency said.

[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef017c316b3a4b970b-600wi]

Gambian President Yahya Jammeh

When I even start to think America is way to screwed up to survive I re-read this thread.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.