Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~
Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~

(10-26-2010 09:20 AM)Middle Finger Wrote:  That's a great cheese post, LC. Actually made me crave some of the real good stuff. Grated on fresh pasta is an awesome thing.

i knew YOU would appreciate it!
you come for dinner paisano!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.png  guido.png (Size: 12.1 KB / Downloads: 88)

10-26-2010 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Greeneyesofblue Offline
Crazy Bitch

And then there were three!

10-26-2010 11:37 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

TURKEY TIME! Indian Woo
don't buy a frozen bird...wait and get one that's fresh. and also forego any that have been injected with any crap. all that does is add weight and sodium. they call it self-basting. screw that. baste it yourself. with butter!
just call LC's turkey-911 and we'll discuss this in depth. 17
the martha stewart of mock [tm]

[Image: turkey%20raw.jpg]

[Image: 1080_Wild-Turkey-.jpg]

[Image: turkee005-004.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.gif  1.gif (Size: 51.54 KB / Downloads: 64)

11-09-2010 05:37 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

I'm getting a frozen bird. This sounds crazy {cuz it is} but, I feel better about buying it at the store, it's so much more impersonal, I don't like knowing that a turkey died for me that morning so I could have a fresh bird...and then I saw a clip of Sarah Palin being interviewed right in front of turkeys being killed & seeing that done totally turned me off for fresh bird forever.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
11-09-2010 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Geriatric star & Bad Mocker

(11-09-2010 07:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I'm getting a frozen bird. This sounds crazy {cuz it is} but, I feel better about buying it at the store, it's so much more impersonal, I don't like knowing that a turkey died for me that morning so I could have a fresh bird...and then I saw a clip of Sarah Palin being interviewed right in front of turkeys being killed & seeing that done totally turned me off for fresh bird forever.

In that case, the wrong "turkey" was done in! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
11-09-2010 08:02 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

ok now on to pies.
don't gag, this is the truth as spoken by martha of mock. Smiley_emoticons_bussi
LARD makes the absolute best flakiest pie crust!
do not use shortening, the South had this right.
don't melt it either. cut it in with one of these pastry cutters. if you have a marble board, all the better,they stay cold. the colder the surface, the less melting of the fat.
trust me on this. Awink

[Image: Pie-Crust.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-13-2010 07:11 PM

Cracker Away
White Devil

(11-09-2010 07:55 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I'm getting a frozen bird. This sounds crazy {cuz it is} but, I feel better about buying it at the store, it's so much more impersonal, I don't like knowing that a turkey died for me that morning so I could have a fresh bird.

It isn't crazy, it's good Buddhist philosphy. Don't eat an animal that was killed just for you.

(03-15-2013 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:  You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
11-14-2010 11:28 AM

Cracker Away
White Devil

(10-26-2010 08:23 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:  some smartass made a remark about Italians grating cheese. so i have to say that i am a proud Italian who has always grated my own cheese! and only the GOOD stuff, not that kraft crap in the supermarket.

hahaha. Twas me. If I stop at Whole Foods on the way home, I hit an extra 2 hours traffic. As I have minor road rage, I stop at the Publix by my house instead and trust that Sargento is Italian enough to give me decent cheeses. Would a wedge of their deli parm be any better?

(03-15-2013 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote:  You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
11-14-2010 11:31 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

actually you terrible person, Awink Publix has some decent imported cheese, usually in a separate case. get some Locatelli brand romano, they may even have it already grated. or any parm from Italy.
i'll make a cheese snob out of you yet. heh

11-14-2010 11:36 AM

Cracker Away
White Devil

I buy good gouda because I've had the real stuff. I need to afford a trip a Italy and then I would probably never go back to the bag!

11-14-2010 11:40 AM

Cracker Away
White Devil

My mom makes lard crusts. They are wonderful. I use butter and two forks when I bother to make them, which is rare. I love to cook, I just hate to clean up the mess now, so lately I have been making cobbler. Shameful, I know.

I am going to make some sweet potato pies this year. I don't like pumpkin that much (hate cinnamon), but I lurve sweet potato. I don't pretend to put them in a souffle anymore.

11-14-2010 11:44 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

sweet potato pie is great~ so is squash pie~ and get one of those pastry cutters, easier than forks. you want the butter or lard to be pea-size.

i love my imported cheeses, because growing up we always had a cheese board and fruit on the table after dinner. stilton, gorgonzola, jarlsburg, gouda, fontina, more... i could drool on and on! and some good crusty bread with that!

[Image: cheese_board_c.jpg]

11-14-2010 11:51 AM

Cracker Away
White Devil

I could almost live off good bread, cheese, salad, a few roasted vegetables, and a steak or scallops every now and then. I don't even know why I buy other stuff. I have always heard you should shop only around the perimeter of the grocery store because that is where all the fresh food is.

11-14-2010 01:15 PM

sally Away
sally

(11-14-2010 11:36 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:  actually you terrible person, Awink Publix has some decent imported cheese, usually in a separate case. get some Locatelli brand romano, they may even have it already grated. or any parm from Italy.
i'll make a cheese snob out of you yet. heh

They have the real Parmigiano Reggiano from Italy in the cheese case at Publix. I love that stuff, I could eat the whole wedge of it just by itself.

11-14-2010 01:40 PM