Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~
can someone start a Sally's baby thread? 12

(01-01-2011, 09:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: can someone start a Sally's baby thread? 12

Please don't, I only mentioned it here because a ginger cookie thread seemed like a safe place lol. I'll be more than happy to go back to talking about food.

Sally you are about to step off a cliff and into a happy new world. You may even get all weird and stuff but thats O.K. I will be here for you. Love025
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(01-01-2011, 10:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: Sally you are about to step off a cliff and into a happy new world. You may even get all weird and stuff but thats O.K. I will be here for you. Love025

Shiiiiiiiiiit, Maggots going to have a sympathy pregnancy with sally.

Two pussies out of order at the same time.hah just what mock needed.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-01-2011, 10:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: Sally you are about to step off a cliff and into a happy new world. You may even get all weird and stuff but thats O.K.

What the hell do you know about being pregnant? STFU, lowly male.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-01-2011, 10:31 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Two pussies out of order at the same time.hah just what mock needed.

Out of order? Damn, I feel sorry for your wife. Signs_173
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-01-2011, 10:36 PM)username Wrote:
(01-01-2011, 10:31 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Two pussies out of order at the same time.hah just what mock needed.

hah why? we have already done the kid thing, there will be no more.

what you should feel sorry for is your floors and any chair that you choose to sit in and the springs and shocks on your car.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(01-01-2011, 10:52 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

If you thought your wife was "out of order" during pregnancy, I'm sure that's true.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-01-2011, 11:16 PM)username Wrote:
(01-01-2011, 10:52 PM)IMaDick Wrote:

If you thought your wife was "out of order" during pregnancy, I'm sure that's true.

My first wife was a stupid bitch two kids with me and 4 with her second husband, I married a lady with a couple of kids she died young, my present wife and I got together after all of the kids were raised and out of the house we have dogs and cats we have free time and money we have peace and quiet and of course she has me, she is truely blessed.

You really should try to live within your own reality and have your floors re-enforced.

John Adams

(01-01-2011, 11:24 PM)IMaDick Wrote: ... my present wife and I got together after all of the kids were raised and out of the house we have dogs and cats we have free time and money we have peace and quiet and of course she has me, she is truely deluded.

You really should try to live within your own reality and have your floors re-enforced.

Fixed it for you!

Dick, do you have your floors re-enforced? Or do you think I outweigh you?

Maybe I do. I'm thinking I could take you down ya' wimp...Smiley_emoticons_fies
Commando Cunt Queen
i know we were talking about kale soup somewhere, and i just nicked this from Yankee Magazine. i've never tried it with the bean soup. but i know kale soup is warming and delicious~ bless this little old lady's heart! Smiley_emoticons_wink

edit to add...i made this soup and it is FANTASTIC! it smelled wonderful and my sons are inhaling it! i added salt pork to mine along with the linguica. a LOT of kale looks like it won't fit into pot, i had a huge bunch, but it does, it cooks down quickly.

Ruth O'Donnell is standing in her kitchen, shredding kale for her special Portuguese soup, which she's made … how many times? "I can't count that high," she says. "I'm 96, and I've been making it since I was a girl. I make it all the time."

Her nieces are in the next room. They're visiting, and last night a big pot of this soup, which they call "Portuguese penicillin," vanished before Ruth's eyes. So she's making more. A petite, lively, brown-skinned lady with bright eyes, Ruth has cooked in this particular kitchen for 72 years, the path between sink and stove well worn.

It's been a long, good life, but not without adversity. Her mother was left on a doorstep in Portugal; a benevolent family took her in and brought her over to live with them after they settled in America. "My mother was poor, poor, poor," Ruth says. "I learned to cook from her as soon as I was big enough to stand beside her. She'd have something on the stove, and she'd be showing me how to do it as she went along. That's how I learned. We never had recipes. We'd just do it."

A widow of 44 years, Ruth is never alone. She has three daughters and "I can't tell you how many grandchildren I have!" In fact, she has great-grandchildren, and her refrigerator door is covered with their faces. She may not be able to count them all (photos of family gatherings look like conventions or town meetings), but she can tell you all about each one of them.

Living where she does, in the heart of Provincetown, Massachusetts, Ruth has pretty much seen it all. She worked as a waitress for much of her life: 21 years at the Provincetown Inn and 20 more at Ciro and Sal's, both widely known Provincetown eateries, which has made Ruth widely known, too. Aside from her soup, she's famous for her "flippers," a kind of Portuguese fried dough, similar to fritters.

Ruth learned to make this soup from her mother, who in turn learned it from her adoptive mother. "My mother always used white beans or dark beans, whatever she had," Ruth explains, "but probably 50 years ago, I started adding the 'Bean with Bacon' soup instead of beans. It's what gives this soup its flavor." In addition, what makes this recipe distinctly Portuguese is the linguica–a spicy sausage available in markets on Cape Cod, on the South Shore, and around Boston, but sometimes hard to find elsewhere. If linguica isn't available in your area, use hot sausage or kielbasa.

1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
2 medium-size onions, chopped
1 pound linguica, sliced, slices halved
4 cups chicken broth
1 pound fresh kale, washed, stems discarded, shredded into small pieces
1 can Campbell's "Bean with Bacon" soup plus 1 can water (or substitute 1 can white beans plus
2 cups chicken broth)
2 large potatoes, peeled, cubed (russets or your preference)
Kosher or sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, add oil and cook garlic, onions, and linguica slices until onions are soft. Add 4 cups chicken broth and kale. Cover, and let kale cook down, stirring occasionally.

Add bean soup and water (or substitute beans and broth); simmer about 5 minutes. (Add more water if the mixture's not dilute enough.) Add cubed potatoes. Simmer, covered, 20-30 minutes longer, till potatoes are soft.

Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

it's really soup weather~~i made Cuban black bean soup today, i learned to love this stuff in Miami. many people serve it over rice.
i like it with some crusty fresh cuban bread, and some chopped scallions and glob of sour cream on top. it's a whole meal in itself~~and delicious~

1 pound dried Black Beans
8 cups Water ¼ pound Ham or Salt Pork, diced
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ small Green Pepper, both ends discarded, seeds and pith removed, finely chopped
1 cup Onion, peeled, ends discarded, chopped
4 cloves Garlic, peeled, mashed and finely minced 1 cup Celery, finely mince 2 Bay Leaves
2 teaspoons Paprika
½ teaspoon Dry Mustard
1 Tablespoon dried Oregano, chopped very finely 1 teaspoon ground Cumin 1 teaspoon Tabasco™ sauce, to taste
2 teaspoons Lime Juice
Salt and ground Black Pepper to taste
1 Cup minced Red Onion or 2 hard chopped boiled Eggs as garn

Soak beans overnight (8 hours minimum) fully immersed + 2" in water.
Discard soaking water and rinse beans thoroughly.
Always LOOK FOR STONES IN THE BEANS. Do not cook or eat the stones!
In your bean cooking pot, over medium-high heat, add the 8 cups of water.
Add the bay leaves and your chosen meat and bring to a rolling boil.
Pour in soaked beans and allow the mixture to return to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until beans are nearly tender; about 2 hours.

In a small bowl, mix the garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano and dry mustard together until very well blended.

Over medium heat in a small saucepan, heat the remaining oil.
In the hot oil, sauté the onion, celery and green pepper, stirring until onion is translucent.
Add ⅔ cup of the hot liquid from the cooking beans, the lime juice and the Tabasco™ sauce.
Add the dry spice mixture to the saucepan.
Cook spice mixture 5 additional minutes, stirring constantly until ingredients are fully combined.
To the bean pot, add the spice mixture and stir over medium heat until ingredients are fully combined.
Simmer, partially covered, for one additional hour (3 hours total cooking time.)

[Image: L-10-1083-visit_cuba-Z000V9SF.jpg]

(01-29-2011, 04:16 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Do not cook or eat the stones!

Was that for my benefit?

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(01-29-2011, 05:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 04:16 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Do not cook or eat the stones!

Was that for my benefit?

hahaha i knew someone would notice that! hah
yummy....stones!

good snowy day fare~~i put a whole pork shoulder in slow low oven with sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce, which is pretty darn good! that will cook all day, then the pork will be "pulled" for real southern BBQ sandwiches. yummy! need some cole slaw and cornbread with that. but i am not going out in a blizzard for cole slaw!

How do you "pull" pork? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch No pictures please!
(02-01-2011, 12:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: How do you "pull" pork? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch No pictures please!

with a pork fork, dork. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I made baked beans today in the crock-pot, soaked them last night and put them in this morning. The entire house smells like Beans. I need cornbread. Oh yeah here's the recipe......

Soak 2 packages of dry beans (kidney, navy, whatever) overnight
Boil a few cups of watta
put in 23 cup mole-asses
add 12 cup brown sugar baby
2 teaspoons of dry mustard
2 teaspoons of at-a-peppa
stick the beans in a crock pot on top of 2 onions quartered
put a good chunk of salt pork (slice an "X" in it) on top
Pour all the shit that ya boiled on top
add a little watta to cover them puppies

*****ta-da**** cook all day.
total cost 6.00 $
(02-01-2011, 11:38 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: good snowy day fare . . . . then the pork will be "pulled" for real southern BBQ sandwiches.

Must be the day for "pulling" meat.

Got 10lbs. of beef simmering for barbacoa. House smells like chipotle peppers!

Even Dick is in the spirit.

He's probably pulling his meat while reading the D & D thread.
Maggot: put in 2⁄3 cup mole-asses

i'm reporting you!
Taz Taser

[Image: mole+ass.jpg]