Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hey Kiddie Rapers, come to Massachusetts!
Thumbs Down 
this state full of liberal moonbats really pisses me off! i don't care about level 3 child rapists' Constitutional rights. these people OFTEN escalate their behavior and KILL kids. and when this guy rapes and murders someone's child then there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth at the State House! dumb fuckers, don't they realize these people DO NOT CHANGE?? GPS is not for punishment, it is to protect children!
yo judges tuttman and gants, maybe he'll snatch YOUR grandchild!

Boston Herald

SJC rules convicted child rapist not required to wear GPS

A convicted child rapist now on the streets serving a 10-year probationary term is not required to wear a GPS device, the state Supreme Judicial Court ruled today.

In a 4-3 decision, the court affirmed a lower court decision denying a request from probation officers to have Level 3 sex offender Ralph Goodwin wear a GPS device while on probation.

“We conclude here that the additional probation condition of GPS monitoring, paired with geographic exclusions, is so punitive in effect as to increase significantly the severity of the original probationary conditions,” wrote Justice Ralph D. Gants.

Probation officers requested GPS monitoring for Goodwin after he finished his jail and civil sentences last summer for kidnapping and raping a 7-year-old boy in 1990.

Superior Court Judge Kathe M. Tuttman, however, ruled last year she did not have the authority to impose the monitoring. In her ruling, Tuttman cited a 2009 SJC decision that decided a 2006 law mandating GPS devices on all sex offenders placed on probation cannot apply retroactively.

The SJC said today GPS monitoring could only be imposed if Goodwin violated the terms of his probation. In presenting his case to the SJC in April, attorney Beth L. Eisenberg said Goodwin was living in Lowell and in compliance with the terms of his probation.

The Herald reported in April that 11 sex offenders were removed from GPS monitoring bracelets last year because of the SJC ruling cited by Tuttman.

As a result of that ruling, 162 sex criminals successfully petitioned the court to end their GPS monitoring and another 160 sex offenders who were convicted after the 2006 law went into effect were also allowed to remove their GPS bracelets.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

*gasp* Why? Why are they given ANY consideration? I don't understand this system that we have. Why are they allowed so many chances? These aren't deserving people who are heartedly sorry for having offended thee. Perverts don't just stop being perverted. And AGAIN we hear that nothing can be done until they break the terms of their probation. This is....fucked up. I couldn't come up with a better adjective.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
the cocksucker already violated his probation! and has a GPS on! hahahahaha
i'm just glad he didn't break probation by raping a child. others will.

The Level 3 sex offender at the center of today’s Supreme Judicial Court ruling imposing limits on the use of GPS monitoring for sex offenders is now wearing a GPS ankle bracelet because of a probation violation.

Ralph W. Goodwin, 49, of Lowell, was put on a GPS monitoring bracelet for violating the terms of his probation while the SJC was deciding his case, said Jessica Venezia Pastore, a spokeswoman for Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone.

Goodwin failed to completely participate in mental health counseling, as required under his probation, officials said.

i want to know if a VOP doesn't mean back to prison?? it did in florida.

In September 1990, Goodwin pleaded guilty to three counts of aggravated rape and to kidnapping in connection with the rape of the 7-year-old boy, whom Goodwin had abducted during a game of hide-and-seek at the Portuguese-American Civic Club in Lowell. Goodwin was 27 when he was convicted.

The child and his parents had gone to the club earlier that year to socialize. Goodwin separated the boy from his parents and a playmate and carried him outside, according to prosecutors, threatening to kill him if he cried out. He took the boy to an area under a bridge and sexually assaulted him, then took him to a house and assaulted him again.

Goodwin kept the boy in the cellar overnight and sexually assaulted him the following morning, prosecutors said. He then carried him outside in a large cardboard box, deposited him on a street corner, and called a taxi to drive the boy home.

Superior Court Judge Patti B. Saris, now a federal judge, sentenced Goodwin to two concurrent terms of 10 to 15 years in prison for two of the rapes and nine to 10 years concurrently for the kidnapping. She imposed a prison sentence of 30 to 40 years for the third rape but suspended it, ordering that it be imposed if he reoffended.

Goodwin spent 15 years in prison and in 2005 was civilly committed to the Massachusetts Treatment Center in Bridgewater after he was found to be sexually dangerous. He was released in June 2009 after a jury concluded he was no longer dangerous.

TELL THAT TO THE NEXT VICTIM! IF THE VICTIM SURVIVES. that should have been a life sentence on the kidnapping alone. it used to be a Federal death penalty crime.

i sometimes post at the Boston Herald newspaper. i just posted this.

my post:

i know this as a long-time Florida cop---pedophiles do not change their sexual orientation or desires. they can't. and the desire builds up until the next opportunity presents itself. they OFTEN escalate to murder of the victim. i could cite you case after case.
as for the ridiculous assertion (some imbecile made) it was "just sex"...the child probably will never be what he COULD HAVE/SHOULD HAVE been as a person because of the trauma. he may even offend. it happens.