Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
JonBenet Ramsey case...new evidence from Burke? caution! autopsy photos
Burke Ramsey, who is 23 now, has been ( or police have asked for) re-interviewed about the murder of his sister. will some new evidence emerge? i doubt it, he has probably buried memories of that Christmas night. but still, the case is open and there is some reason he has been asked for interview again now.
photos (in no particular order) are of JonBenet's autopsy, including her skull. (one pic is an artist rendering) and Burke as an adult who graduated from Purdue in May.
i have always held an opinion about the case. but have a semi-open mind about it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   0,,312144,00.jpg (Size: 6.98 KB / Downloads: 313)
.jpg   image523909g.jpg (Size: 11.17 KB / Downloads: 330)

CBS got this wrong, it's Lawrence Schiller. not skiller.
dumbasses.

(CBS) An expert on the JonBenet murder case says his sources confirm reports that investigators in Boulder, Colo. would like to speak again to her older brother, Burke Ramsey, in case he saw something at the time that could help them connect some newly-surfaced dots now.

Burke was nine when his little sister, a 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant, was slain in December 1996, in what went on to become one of the most famous unsolved killings in recent times.

He's now 23.

Lawrence Skiller, a contributor to The Daily Beast, founder of the Norman Mailer Writers Colony and author of one of the definitive books on the Ramsey case, "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," told "Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez Tuesday he called some sources in Boulder on Monday.

"They said the police had sent on their business cards and asked Burke, if his time permitted, if he could get in touch with them," Skiller said.

Rodriguez noted that the Ramsey family attorney tells "The Early Show" Burke hasn't been questioned yet.

Burke "was questioned and exonerated" in the aftermath of his sister's death, Rodriguez pointed out. Why would they be trying to question him again 14 years later?

"You have to remember," Skiller explained, "number one, he was 9 years old, a frail kid. Not very large in size. His sister was younger. There's a lot of evidence that has still been unexplained over the years. Footprints have been identified, but some have not. Handprints and palm prints have been identified in the room where her body was found. Some still not. In essence, the body was placed there. It wasn't dragged in. And then it was wrapped in a blanket.

"Now, if he was a witness to some event that night, something that may, in essence, now connect with something else, you have to remember, this murder took place in a community that was embarrassed by it. Wasn't prepared for it. Did not have a history of violence. The police are never going to give up on this case. There's no statute of limitation on murder."

"In other words," Rodriguez asked, "(probers) may have discovered some new evidence that wouldn't necessarily make (Burke) a suspect, but to which he could possibly speak?"

"That's correct," Skiller responded. "He was exonerated by DNA, by many, many methods that the police used at that point. But the question is, in his own mind now, this many years away, has he locked away the facts of this murder? Has he, in essence, put it in a room, closed the door, and doesn't want to think about it? So how helpful can he be? You know, just because questions are unanswered doesn't mean somebody is withholding the answer."

Skiller says it's not surprising that Boulder police are staying mum on the new reports and that the Ramsey family lawyer says Burke hasn't met with them again yet.

"If there is a real lead, nobody's gonna tell you about it!" Skiller exclaimed.

coincidence in renewed interest?

Lou Smit died recently. he investigated the case and determined the parents had nothing to do with it. he was quite a high-profile player. there was a lot of political BS involved in the investigation. mainly because of ramsey wealth.

Lou Smit, a longtime police detective who was called out of retirement to help investigate the 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, the 6-year-old beauty pageant winner, but resigned after concluding that the police had wrongly focused on her parents, died in Colorado Springs. He was 75.

The cause was colon cancer, a spokeswoman for Pikes Peak Hospice said.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

they've got something.
14 years later new technology and forensics.
i would love to see someone brought to justice in this case. or a solution, barring a conviction.
patsy has met her justice.

BOULDER, Colo. — Police investigating the death of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey are conducting a new round of interviews, based on recommendations from an advisory committee.

The committee, which included investigators from several state and federal agencies, met in 2009 after police took the lead in the case back from Boulder County prosecutors.

Members reviewed evidence in the death of 6-year-old JonBenet, whose body was found bludgeoned and strangled in her family’s home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996. Former District Attorney Mary Lacy said in 2008 that evidence suggests the killer was an unknown stranger, not a family member.

Police Chief Mark Beckner wouldn’t reveal details about the continuing investigation or who police want to interview now.

"We continue to work the Ramsey case and have tailored our investigation based on recommendations from our 2009 advisory committee," Beckner told the Camera newspaper. "This has included additional contacts and interviews with those who may have information pertinent to the case."

JonBenet’s older brother Burke, who was 9 when JonBenet died, was contacted by police but hasn’t been interviewed yet, Ramsey family attorney Lin Wood said.

"I understand that they met with Burke and gave him a card and said, ’If you want to talk to us, here’s how you would contact me,’" Wood said. "But the police have not interviewed Burke."

JonBenet Ramsey’s mother, Patsy, died of cancer in 2006. Her father, John, made a public plea last December for people to share any suspicions they had around the time JonBenet died.

"Whatever the reason for any type of approach with Burke, it would have nothing to do with the case other than with the reality that John and Burke could help the Boulder police as witnesses in the investigation," Wood said. "For all I know, they have gotten some tip and think Burke could give them some information."

Denver defense attorney and legal analyst Scott Robinson said it would be premature to assume that police have new information.

"But it would be absolutely accurate to say they’re not letting this case lie," he said.

How could someone choke the life out of that sweet child? She's the first memory I have of a child being murdered. I recall seeing her mother pointing her finger at the camera & saying something to the effect of, "God knows who you are & we will too." How the hell do you kill a little kid? The person that did it has no soul, no conscience. I don't even like killing bugs for christssake, I grab 'em with a tissue & put them outside.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i have always believed, from the very first day, that patsy killed her in a psycho rage, without intending to. and she and john engaged in the coverup. they did a crap job of it. that was not a stranger murder in their house.

i couldn't live here. could you?
photos at this link:

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-slideshow-...otogallery

BOULDER, Colo. -- The online listing describes it as a "stunning, updated, classic" University Hill home with "elegance of past generations combined with modern updates."

What it doesn’t say: a 6-year-old girl's body was found there 14-years ago.

The Boulder home where JonBenet Ramsey’s body was discovered the day after Christmas in 1996 is up for sale, again.

The 7,240 square-foot single-family residence at 749 15th Street is listed for $2.3 million by Kearney Realty Co. It was last listed for sale in February 2010, but pulled off the market just a few months later.

The home was last purchased for $1.05 million in 2004 by Tim Milner and his wife, Carol Schuller Milner, whose father is "Hour of Power" televangelist Robert H. Schuller. The house has been listed for sale off and on since 2008. Realtor Neil Kearney says no one is living there now.

The parents of 6-year-old JonBenet found her body beaten and strangled in the basement on Dec. 26, 1996. Her killer hasn't been found.

The home’s listing on Zillow includes 25 photos.

“Huge rooms, great light and an over-sized, gated lot on a fine street just a short walk from CU and Chautauqua,” the listing says. “Beautiful high-end kitchen, a large terrace with a view and a master suite which encompasses the entire upper level and has stunning views. Nicely finished basement with high end finishes, wet bar & wine cellar. Too many features to mention in this beautiful home.”

Very beautiful house, but hell no I couldn't live there!!!

Awesome home! I would have no problem living there if it were in the country.

My wine cellar is pitiful compared to that one. Smiley_emoticons_slash
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can't believe they never found the killer. Like you LC, I thought the mother killed her at first but then to set it up the way it was didn't make sense to me. Knowing how much she loved her and wanted her to look beautiful, I couldn't see her mother wanting to make it look like she was tortured, choked and asbused like that. I just don't know. I read books and books on this murder..and still have no idea but it sure seemed like the parents knew more.
(10-03-2010, 05:37 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: i have always believed, from the very first day, that patsy killed her in a psycho rage, without intending to. and she and john engaged in the coverup. they did a crap job of it. that was not a stranger murder in their house.

Absolutely agree!

Even though Patsy is dead & gone, I would have loved to seen her convicted of this crime. At least John is still around to get his.
It's the hint of arsenic that gives it that extra kick.
That's some very fancy knot work on that garrott (sp) thing. The ones on her wrists are unusual, too. You think Patsy knew how to tie knots like that? If so, where did she learn those skills? I don't think she was in the Navy and she didn't seem like an outdoorsy type. Experienced campers and sailors can tie knots like that.

Here's more pics: http://crimeshots.com/CrimeScene1.html

I dunno. I don't know much about the details, but I lean toward a ritual occult killing that Patsy may have been forced to watch.
and if the scene was staged, perhaps john tied the knots.

...it was the black drifter.
Fug duh kund
At one time, was there an issue with someone that lived nearby that was classified as a predator? For some reason this is in my head about the case. Like, no one fully investigated this person and that he literally took off? Maybe I have things mixed up, but I could have sworn that someone was found in like Malaysia or some absurd place and brought back to stand trial for some crime not related to the case. But it was made known that this person was "suspect" as to the events at the Ramsey home that horrible night.
[Image: Anim_resist.gif]
(03-07-2011, 06:11 PM)FutileResistance Wrote: At one time, was there an issue with someone that lived nearby that was classified as a predator? For some reason this is in my head about the case. Like, no one fully investigated this person and that he literally took off? Maybe I have things mixed up, but I could have sworn that someone was found in like Malaysia or some absurd place and brought back to stand trial for some crime not related to the case. But it was made known that this person was "suspect" as to the events at the Ramsey home that horrible night.

that was an obsessed mental case named John Mark Karr who had nothing to do with it. google him, he's nuts.

(03-07-2011, 06:15 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: that was an obsessed mental case named John Mark Karr who had nothing to do with it. google him, he's nuts.

Thats putting it mildly.....Wow, thanks for the shot to the memory balls. I totally remember this FrEaK!
[Image: Anim_resist.gif]
(03-07-2011, 06:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: and if the scene was staged, perhaps john tied the knots.

Staged after the fact? You think he may have tied those knots after JonBenet was dead?
(03-07-2011, 07:51 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 06:02 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: and if the scene was staged, perhaps john tied the knots.

Staged after the fact? You think he may have tied those knots after JonBenet was dead?

possibly, if she was nearly dead and it was clear she couldn't survive the head injury.

(03-07-2011, 08:13 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 07:51 PM)shitstorm Wrote:

possibly, if she was nearly dead and it was clear she couldn't survive the head injury.

Did she die from the head injury or from strangulation?