Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The West Memphis 3 Case
Photos from the West of Memphis premier at Sundance. Pics courtesy of AP and Getty.

[Image: 406907_325384980835219_281755301864854_9...3096_n.jpg]
Damien Echols and wife Lorri Davis

[Image: 396411_325078630865854_281755301864854_9...7574_n.jpg]
Damien Echols with Pam Hobbs and John Mark Byers

[Image: 409000_324803800893337_281755301864854_9...1395_n.jpg]
Damien Echols with Pam Hobbs, mother of Stevie Branch

[Image: 405462_324804040893313_281755301864854_9...6346_n.jpg]
Damien Echols with John Mark Byers, step-father of Chris Byers

I certainly couldn't be in the same room as my child's murderer. These people KNOW the WM3 are not the real killers.
New statement released today by Pam Hobbs, mother of victim Stevie Branch. It would have been interesting if this case had played out under the public scrutiny the presence of the internet provides today.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/arc...ng-of-case

Hobbs' statement today:

"Please allow me to begin by thanking the everyone for their loving support and for all the effort they have done to see that justice is served for my son, Steve Branch, and his two best friends, Michael Moore and Christopher Byers. I would not be as strong as I seem without it.

I am content in my heart that Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Miskelley did not murder my son.

I had the opportunity to meet Damien Echols and Lorri Davis in Utah at the Sundance Festivial. To me they are truly amazing wonderful people with true love that overwhelms me.

The documentary film "West of Memphis" is the best coverage of this case that I have viewed, myself. I thank director Amy Berg along with producers Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh for the amazing job they did with West of Memphis.

I viewed crucial new DNA evidence in the doc that I am told has been given to the State of Arkansas and I am asking as the mother of Steve Branch and as a citizen of Arkansas that the State reopen this case and let justice prevail for my son Steve Branch, Michael Moore and Christopher Byers."
Pam Hobbs on WM3, Her Ex, and Meeting Damien Echols
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/loc...t-20120125

excerpt:

Pam Hobbs tries to stay busy, which helps her avoid mentally agonizing over whether the man she once loved as a husband could have been capable of committing the unspeakable crime that's torn her world asunder for 19 years.

"I'm not letting that thought dwell with me. However, I'm scared. I'm fearful...sometimes guilt stricken. I might have overlooked something…I really can't explain my emotions with that. I'm just numb to the feeling right now and praying that it's not true."
tonight, july 21, saturday. 10 PM CBS 48 Hours.
new program on this case.

(10-17-2011, 02:38 PM)dominokitty Wrote: It would be refreshing if just once the people that are freed from prison who say they will look for real killers would do it. If they do that, then I would then to believe them more. They don't have to FIND the person, but somehow prove they are interesting in doing it and still looking for the killers, not just appearing on tv shows for money.

Ha! Like OJ, searching golf courses far and wide.

I'm willing to bet were you really falsely imprisoned (and I'm not saying these 3 were), you wouldn't vow to find the real killers; you'd vow to catch back up with life and try to enjoy your remaining years outside. Just because you got caught up in an investigation doesn't mean "Tag, you're it -- find the real killer because we couldn't, so we fingered you. Now it's your burden." At least, I hope it doesn't.

Having said that, these 3 and their supporters have spent goo-gobs of money trying to prove someone else did it -- digging up Hobbs' backyard and such -- but haven't had any better luck than the police at finding irrefutable proof, but...I guess it's ok for you to believe them more cuz an effort was extended?
Another sketchy thing about Hobbs is that his mom apparently lied to give him an alibi, saying he was over at her place at the times of the murders when he wasn't. Why did she do that?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the stepdad did it. Probably hated the kid cuz the mom liked him. Killed the friends because they were there, and who cares? Not his kids. Sorry to the men on this board, but men can be real creeps.