Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zahra Baker, a murdered child
(12-03-2010, 02:27 PM)southerndrawal72 Wrote: What information do you want on Drums Funeral Home?

Thanks, SD.

Maybe some insight into other community involvement.

I’m an Orthodox skeptic and a confirmed cynic. Perhaps higher education is to blame. I was taught deception and how to steal, in college. Actually, it was required.

A memorial service requested by the “broke” Adam Baker, a guest priest and all BEFORE official confirmation that the remains were that of Zahra? Odd.

And then there’s that “step-sibling” thing with no mention of a “step–mother”. If bigamy, then no marriage. If no marriage, then no step-siblings. Wacky.

All of this and at no-charge by the Drums Funeral Home?

I guess I need a bit more convincing that this sorry “affair” is nothing more than a high profile marketing event.

And then there’s the question of why would a business want to get in bed with clan Baker?

As to the Oktoberfest, I have a tough time visioning Goths getting all fired up for Lederhosen, Oompah Polkas and the Chicken Dance.
new page, note to all reading---->
details of warrants can be found on pages 33 and 34.

i can't vouch for this photo depicting adam baker, i don't know if it's a chop job. it appears authentic.
i find it consistent with what i know of his character, image and demeanor.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If it's chopped whoever did it did a fab job!

That made me think of Born. I miss you, Born. 75
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(12-03-2010, 02:27 PM)southerndrawal72 Wrote: I believe that if these two are not convicted, that they will have a difficult time ever leaving the county. I live here and I think that people, from what I have heard plan on taking justice into their own hands if justice isn't served by the law. I think people are tired of the system not working for the victims and letting the criminals walk the streets without a care in the world.

What information do you want on Drums Funeral Home?

Oktoberfest is always fun. Food that costs too much and tons of cool crafts and a huge beer garden. I didn't go to it this year, but did last year. Anything else? Have you ever been to downtown Hickory?
I believe that too. I've never lived in Catawba County, but have lived all around it and even though Hickory is pretty progressive as far as southern towns go, the people out in the counties are varied as far as that goes. I'm not slamming them, they do what they do and I love most southerners.

I don't think people realize there are still folks in that area that don't have electricity, and don't want it. Some still believe in self imposed justice and hate anything affiliated with Govt., the same as they did during prohibition when they would shoot 'revenuers'. It could really get interesting.

As for the funeral home..I fully believe they are in it for publicity, and I don't know anything about the place. I have a friend that's a funeral director and he loathes ever one he's worked at because they are money grubbers.
I'm at work and have a few more minutes so I thought I would expound further about this.

I completely understand why Adam Baker has police protection. I know a cop from that area and they are scared shitless they are going to have a situation on their hands.

These counties are in the foothills, almost in the mountains. The same mountains that prompted Nascar to be formed. There is a small town named Casar (named after Julius Caesar and someone mispelled it) where it is common knowledge that black people are not welcome there. And very few live in the town, maybe around the outskirts and that's just been 'allowed' within the last decade or so.

There was a sign on the main highway that said NO ____ ALLOWED. The people that lived along that highway would SHOOT at blacks traveling the road. This went on for decades and the cops knew it and couldn't do anything about it. There was many local news stories that covered it. Finally, someone made them take the sign down (I lost touch with the news industry during that time) but...the shooting at cars still happens.

Casar is in Cleveland County. Moving north from Cleveland there's Burke/Catawba and other surrounding counties where this is all playing out. There is still vigilante justice (and injustice) in the south. At least in this part of the south.

I've seen that photo of Adam before I believe it was on on of their MySpace pages, Elisa's if I remember correctly.
Re: Oktoberfest – it’s a fun event with a pretty big turnout every year. If you are referring to the rumor that EB and AB were there Friday night I haven’t seen anyone be able to back that up. While it’s is called Oktoberfest and there is some of that traditional representation and a beer garden (woo hoo!) it’s really more of a festival with beer and music than a cultural event. The VIP tent had a band playing hair metal.
As to Drum, I thought from the start it was a marketing ploy on their part not necessarily done with ill intent but I think they just figured they could get their name in the press and offer a place for people to pay their condolences. However, bringing the Bakers into it blew up. I think the reason for low turnout had to do with a lot of misinformation/rumors. First we heard it was the Bakers holding it , then Drum was doing, it was public, no private for just the Bakers, no the Bakers aren't going, etc.
I live here too, there are alot of people talking alot of smack about lynching him etc but personally I think it's alot of talk, not to say it hasn't happened. The Klan met a half mile from me, in the open, until just a few years ago. Frankly I am shocked the two named in the search warrants haven’t been targeted.
no surprise. but i am pissed they didn't wait to see if Grand Jury upgrades her charges in an indictment!
this deal was made weeks ago, just coming out to public now.

WSOC
HICKORY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, will not face the death penalty or life in prison if she’s convicted in the case under an agreement struck with the district attorney, Eyewitness News has learned.

Elisa Baker has been in jail since early October, after police said she admitted to writing a fake ransom note found the day Zahra was reported missing.

No one has been charged in the death or disappearance of Zahra, whose remains were found in Caldwell County on Nov. 10.

A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Baker’s attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case.

Elisa Baker began working with detectives in late October. Search warrants released earlier this week say that she told detectives that Zahra was dismembered and pointed them to a Dumpster near a grocery store in Hudson, telling them that a comforter and car cover were used to hide remains.

She also told investigators that a mattress belonging to Zahra had been thrown in a Dumpster. Investigators spent days searching a Caldwell County landfill before finding it.

In return, sources said, prosecutors agreed not to charge Elisa Baker with first-degree murder, meaning that if she’s convicted, she would not face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

That’s how the case stands now, but sources told Channel 9 that the prosecutor may be trying to have the agreement tossed out and has asked the attorney general’s office to get involved.

Charlotte defense attorney Bill Powers said getting the agreement tossed out would be a long shot.

“If the state promised not to do certain things and Elisa Baker lived up to that, they're going to have a real tough time getting around that,” he said.

“Remember, they didn't have anything until (attorney Lisa Dubs) was appointed, and very shortly thereafter Elisa Baker was going to the scene or scenes and pointing things out,” Powers added.

Dubs would not comment on the agreement, but did speak to Eyewitness News reporter Dave Faherty about her client’s cooperation in the investigation.

“It is not part of this cooperation that Elisa Baker has admitted any guilt as far as murder goes,” Dubs said.

Though Dubs was pulled off the case by the capital defender’s office this week because no murder charge has been filed, she is continuing to work as Elisa Baker’s attorney for free.

“Her continued cooperation is ongoing, and I think ethically and morally I have to continue to assist her in that cooperation,” Dubs said.

oh well, i just clicked on HDR and got my notice that i am only allowed 5 more views in december before i have to pay them.
i hope they don't think they are the last or only word on the case. hah

(12-03-2010, 06:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: no surprise. but i am pissed they didn't wait to see if Grand Jury upgrades her charges in an indictment!
this deal was made weeks ago, just coming out to public now.

WSOC
HICKORY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, will not face the death penalty or life in prison if she’s convicted in the case under an agreement struck with the district attorney . . .

“Her continued cooperation is ongoing . . .

So no execution or life in prison for the death of Zahra?

Oh wait. That’s life without parole. I'm sure with her dire medical conditions her stay won't be long. Maybe Libya will offer her sanctuary on humanitarian grounds.

I wonder if Elisa, GothicFairy666, is afraid of death? Or . . . maybe it’s the fact she won't be the dominant one in a prison relationship?

Continuing cooperation? How long does it take to come clean?

At the rate this malignant self-absorbed bitch is spilling details, her attorney will die of old age.

Thanks Muse and Edge for the “local” info.

that plea bargain is contingent on certain conditions, and one is she cannot LIE. so she's screwed.
it also implies she has to tell the WHOLE truth. well either she hasn't or we don't know, because the truth is in pieces like poor Zahra's broken torn body.

it specifies LWOP. so there are life sentences WITH possibility of parole. but the parole board may not grant it when she comes up.
and another problem here...she has not been charged with murder. it's not likely they can prove 1st degree capital murder here with no cause of death. what we will have is he said/she said.

Well, the portrayal of this area by Muse is not accurate. We are progressive and yes, we are in the foothills, but we have long since left the toothless, outhouse using, dirt floor living lives. There are other communities outside of Catawba County that may have this, especially closer and deeper in the mountains, however, this is a nice place to live. I have been here for 38 years and have never seen any vigilantism but think it is time there should be. I also believe that if you trust our government then you are more of a fool than the most back woods, incestuous mountain man. I have lived here my entire life except for the 11 years I spend in various colleges and think that our views since prohibition have come a very long way.
sorry Lady Cop will not be able to bring the others here due to the pc being a business run pc....spoke to the owner and the HP is the only one allowed...so l guess your stuck with me...hope you d not mind...You have great information here and you talk politics...kewlies..l have bought along a link of an article in todays online channel 9 Australia

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8175690...ted-report

l just shake my head at this....fairdinkum
how does the Death Penalty get of the table before the charged have been laid..
whose running the show over there?
the criminals or The Law?

Peace and Blessings
Winds of tara
Hello Tara...see my post touching on that-- #430.

they made the deal weeks ago, to find the child.
there are a lot of contingencies in the deal i am sure.
deals are routine actually, even though many don't like them. it could have the effect of her pleading guilty to something and being sentenced w/o a trial. she may want to do that, IF the DA will allow it, to avoid more details coming out. or in exchange for testifying against adam baker.
she hasn't been, and may never be, charged with murder.
it was simple expediency to deal with the devil.

did you read my posts in Rules thread in response to you?
sorry your associates can't join in.

In response to Tara, our DA is pitiful and just got re-elected to another term. People in this county go on name recognition even though they know that Jay Gaither and his ADAs have lost many cases due to inadequate prosecution. Gaither's theory is that if he gets a plea bargain, he didn't lose. Sadly, the families have. And I'm sorry, but once you get your ass handed to you by Lisa Dubs on more than one occasion, you should try to learn her weaknesses.
see posts # 151-152...dubs has had her ass handed to her also.

l am still on page 5 of this thread Lady Cop.....of course l see where You spoke of it....You can delete it if You wish....You have provided a great deal of information l did not know about......thank You so much.....yes l unfortunately told just one of my qualifications over there and a few things l have done in my life...and boy l copped it big time....l busted my ass going through University to become what l am today...and l have a very short fuse when it come to school yard mentality and cliques....thats when the mongrel in me comes out...l hate cliques they are dangerous...

Peace and Blessings
Winds of Tara
Tara i made you a member now, glad to have your Aussie perspective~~ Smiley_emoticons_smile

I so hate that if she killed Zahra she will not get the death penalty, I say if only because there is that slim chance that while an accomplice the knife wasn't actually in her hands. It doesn't make it better or her less responsible but if making that deal was the only way to find that child and get that bit of closure then I have to agree it was the right thing to do.

Southerdrawl is right, people vote who they know not always who is best. That's how we are stuck with Gaither in Catawba and Sheriff Jones here in Caldwell.

Casar as muse mentioned does exist and there are pleanty of rednecks but there is also a good number of educated more progressive people here as well as alot of transplants brought here to work at places like Google and Apple and several pharmaceutical companies.
ummm Lady Cop do l get a set of steak knives with that? Smiley_emoticons_shocked
hehehehehe....only Joking....you will get used my humour...it's warped....l have over 900 or so knives
l will show You something l wrote over there....because l don't understand the lynching mentality....don't get me wroong....put the wicked witch of the world in a room with 10 Australians mums and We will give her wot for.....and for shit for brains...stick him in a room with my sons and the rest of the Chefs.cooks and apprentioces and my Darling the other Exec Chef...there would be nothing left of either of them...but enough to get them to court....
anyway here's what l wrote to all of them...most aren't talking to me except the one's that actually are open minded.....

You have to look at this without emotion......l agree this Ms Dubs would be doing this for reasons that are not ethical....the mere thought of that makes me want to throw up in my paper basket too.....look between the lines of her smirk....was it a smirk of triumph?....or was it a smirk of aahhh l am getting what l want and l refer to the unethical part now.....regardless of how good a Lawyer Ms Dub's is....she has already done something completely unethical and that was going and getting a piece of evidence....here in Australia she would have completely stuffed up the case for her client..she may well have in your Country...Ms Dub's is going to need everything she has in her arsenol to convince a jury or Judge..... where ever this trial is held if it hasn't been completely mishanded already and it doesn't even come to fruition.......that her client should not get the death sentence...in Law.a Lawyer regardless of whether they think their client is Guilty or not personally..they Must defend them as if they are innocent of the crime completely.....when l saw that Dog Bakers Lawyer dismiss himself and use the excuse ." Conflict of Interest"...l knew immediately that he was not going to be able to defend him in the manner that Laywers must....it was obvious to me that his own personal feelings were overwelming just too much.....l am like you....Why has scumbag not been arrested?......he would have been the day the wicked witch of the world was in Australia no doubt!!!......Our Laws allow that......the urgent matter now is to try and do an analysis on the reasons why scumbag has not been arrested....there HAS to be a reason.....what is the reason......for the life of me l have gone through everything over and over and l can't see why he hasn't.....it is just not making sense....l start from the time of the fire.....from that moment nothing makes sense.....of why he is still out......not even a charge of willfully neglecting a child?......placing a child in danger?.....blood in both cars well one had to be his?.....even if the wicked witch of the world did have him on a leash which l believe she did.....she is a very skillful.... manipulating.....pathalogical liar and thats only the tip of the iceberg of her disorders...l could see what her personality could be like.......when her own daughter testified not to allow her out....the look on her face was simmering rage.....its the very small things that Lawyers use......and those verey small things are what get people to walk free...or not get arrested.....or not get the death penalty....so rather than just want to get hold of them and tear them apart..because l would suspect a good part of the world would love to do that....l think trying to work out WHY scumbag has not been arrested would be more productive.....

Thank You for the Star Lady Cop
Peace and Blessings and l am off to Noddy Land
Winds of Tara

G'day southerndrawl.....yes it is a sad state of affairs that Your Politic's are run in a manner like that...l am very well versed in the American Political Arena....it is very very different from Ours....Church has no place in Our Politics....nor are Lobby Groups......its very differents here...in fact it is against the Law if You dont vote.....so maybe if that Law came into America DA's such as the one You speak off would get of his bum and start being a DA....

Peace and Blessings
Now l really am going to Noddy Land Goodnight All
Winds of Tara