Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zahra Baker, a murdered child
i can imagine the following...because she admitted writing the fake ransom note, she has backed herself into a corner. so she must roll over on her husband and cut a deal to avoid the death penalty. and the people of NC will seek death if it's first-degree murder and can be proven. we are talking about the most vulnerable of victims, a child, deaf, cancer survivor, amputee. she has to try to cut a deal nomatter what. i hope the DA tells her to stick it in her ear. that's why they need a body. they need a cause of death and manner of death. i am not sure that's likely now. unless one of them talks first. even then. substantive proof is needed.
my opinion is only based on facts that are known, from my own experience there may be a lot being kept from the public. and that's as it should be. you don't want to taint the jury pool out there so some defense attny. can tap dance all over your head at trial about pre-trial publicity. blah blah the defense arsenal and bible.
the police have to get the father and stepbitch to turn on each other to try to save their own worthless hides. and play them both like violins.

this is rather telling about them.

Zahra Baker’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elisa, have an extensive criminal history and the majority of the charges currently pending against them are tied to money problems. Charges were filed, arrests were made and the Bakers established a pattern of not showing up for their court dates.

A criminal records check in Catawba and Caldwell counties revealed that the couple is facing a combined total of 18 charges of writing bad checks worth a combined $2,054.58. All but one of the checks were written at area grocery stores. The remaining check, written for $595, was for back rent, said the Bakers’ former landlord Mark Sims.

Sims said the Bakers rented a singlewide mobile home in Country Manor Estates in Hudson. He charged $115 per week, according to court documents accompanying the eviction notice he served on Adam Baker in December 2009. Baker owed $1,114 in back rent.

Three months later, Sims filed an eviction notice against Elisa Baker, who owed $1,612 in back rent.

Sims was unclear on the circumstances surrounding the Bakers’ evictions and said he couldn’t remember why two separate eviction notices were served on them.

Sims said he didn’t speak to the Bakers often, but when he did they were polite. When he called Baker to tell her she was late on her rent, “She said, ‘I will bring you by a check today,’ and she brought one by,” Sims said. When the $595 check bounced, she apologized and brought Sims a cash payment for part of what she owed.

“She was never angry with me,” he said.

Her teenage neighbors remember her differently.

Corrine Yount, 15, and her friend Brandy Hefner, 16, took out an arrest warrant on Baker for communicating threats on May 23, 2010.

Yount said the incident began when she and her friend noticed Zahra crying as she walked up a steep hill behind her house.

“She was making Zahra walk up the hill by herself because that’s how she would punish her because she (Elisa) knew it would hurt Zahra’s leg,” Yount said.

Baker came out of her trailer and started screaming and threatening the girls.

“She said, ‘I’m going to teach these two teenagers a lesson and whip their butts,’” Yount said.

Baker continued to shout threats until Hefner’s mother came out of the house and asked what was going on and Baker left, according to the arrest warrant.
Yount said she spoke to Zahra a few times and saw that she was a very sweet girl. She also said people in the neighborhood knew Baker was abusive to Zahra and they tried to get law enforcement involved.

“You could hear Zahra screaming and Elisa yelling at her, so we would call the police,” Yount said. “We called DSS (the Caldwell County Department of Social Services) on her too, but they never did anything.”

Adam and Elisa Baker were arrested for communicating threats against their family members too.

They were arrested on May 22, 2010 and charged with communicating threats against Elisa’s niece Brittany Bentley, her fiancé Zackery Tyler and the couple’s 7-month-old daughter. The threats stemmed from an outstanding debt Bentley owed them, according to the arrest warrant.

“He (Adam Baker) chased me and my fiancée. He literally tried to run us off the road twice,” wrote Tyler in the complaint accompanying the warrant. “He got in the opposite lane, swerved at the driver’s side and we had to swerve to keep from getting hit, then he passed us and slammed his brakes. We had to slam our brakes and still almost hit him.”

The couple went home and gave Baker the money she was owed, but she demanded more. She and Adam threatened the couple with Tasers, according to the arrest warrant.

“They said they would kill me and Brittany Bentley and that they knew where our daughter was and they would kill her if I didn’t pay her,” Tyler wrote.

Bentley’s complaint is similar but provides additional detail.

“Then she went to my mom’s where my daughter was with a supposed gun after she threatened to kill my daughter,” Brittany wrote. “I fear for mine and my daughter’s and fiance’s life.”

The Bakers were charged with communicating threats as a result of the incident. Adam was also charged with assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly trying to run the couple off the road.

In March 2010, the Bakers were arrested and charged for failing to return a laptop computer, a 42-inch Zenith television, a stereo and a living room suite worth $2,411.69, according to court documents. The couple had rented the furniture and electronics from Bestway Rent to Own in Lenoir.

On the rental application Baker filled out she lists her occupation as “disabled” and her monthly income as $591.

As with the above charges, the Bakers failed to appear at their scheduled court date on June 30, 2010.

Elisa Baker is in the Catawba County jail under a total bond of $72,200 secured – $32,200 for more than a dozen charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance and $40,000 on a charge of obstruction of justice. She was charged with obstruction of justice Tuesday after confessing to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.

[Image: 32001_logo.jpg]

Rent to own furniture? WTF Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-17-2010, 12:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Rent to own furniture? WTF Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

that's what losers who can't actually buy anything do. they pay a 300% markup on crap monthly. trailer trash loves that shit since they are often evicted and don't want to move stuff. rent-a-center loses a lot of money from deadbeats.

First time poster here. Glad I found this site. I agree this woman cooked her goose when she admitted to writing the ransom note. The problem is without a body, more evidence they will have a tough time charging either of them with murder. And I doubt either of these two is going to talk unless they find more evidence on them. I hope they are able to find something more so these two go down. I hate it when murderers get away with this crap, esp. a little girl like this who has had a horrible childhood. No kid should have to put up with abuse like this.Signs_173
LOL. This guy Adam moved all the way from lovely Austrailia to be with this sow.hah What the hell was he thinking. No offense to any plus size women, but what did he see in this woman that he couldn't find over there?
Hi Salty...thanks for joining! i'm making you a member too! i love new members that post!

[Image: 2i21mpd.gif]

just found yer uber cool forum after i had my post removed from the HDR web site for the mere mention of the word white trash...as if any reasonable discussion of this elisa baker bitch would be complete without it
(10-17-2010, 08:19 PM)pickyerpoison Wrote: just found yer uber cool forum after i had my post removed from the HDR web site for the mere mention of the word white trash...as if any reasonable discussion of this elisa baker bitch would be complete without it

thankyou and welcome! we're glad to have you and you can say anything you want to.
the Hick(ory) paper is kind of slow.

Attached Files
.gif   spider welcome.gif (Size: 85.88 KB / Downloads: 98)

they need a fund to pray for Zahra on oct. 24th?

Hickory, NC --
As police continue to search for Zahra, people in the community are asking how they can help.
One organization in Hickory has set up the Zahra Baker Fund so people can do just that. The spiritual counseling network and snake-oil sales, a non-profit organization, will use the money to help provide resources to the police and community. what resources?

organizers of the fund want to make October 24th Zahra Sunday. They say the day would allow the faith community to pray for Zahra and those involved in the case.

Rev. Brandon Greeson

Attached Files
.jpg   41570_156994187647747_8693_n.jpg (Size: 6.58 KB / Downloads: 81)

here's the "Rev's" jacket>>> Police 47

Greeson, Brandon Ray
Hickory, NC
Taylorsville, NC

First Name BRANDON Middle Name RAY Last Name GREESON
Primary Address N/A City N/A State N/A
ZIP Code N/A Phone Number N/A Date of Birth N/A
Race CAUCASIAN Height 72" Weight 235 LBS
Hair Color BROWN Offense Date 20061020 Court CATAWBA
Source State NC Offense 14-100 OBT PROP BY FALSE PR/CHTS/SER Disposition NEGOTIATED PLEA
Gender MALE

Primary Address N/A City HICKORY State NC
ZIP Code 28601 Latitude 35.7459 Longitude -81.32758
Phone Number N/A Date of Birth 19830623 Street 1032 5TH ST NE
Race CAUCASIAN Offense Date 20061020 Source State NC
Offense 14-100 CONVICT:OBTAIN PROPERTY FALSE PRETENSE Disposition JUDGE (TRIAL BY JUDGE OR GUILTY PLEA BEFORE JUDGE AT DISTRICT COURT LEVEL, GUILTY PLEA AT SUPERIOR C Gender MALE

Offense 14-113.20 ARRAIGNED:IDENTITY THEFT Disposition DISMISSAL WITHOUT LEAVE BY DA Gender MALESee More

That sonofabitch is trying to profit from Zahra's misfortune. I hope that community runs him out of town on a rail. He's a liar & a thief. Jesus Christ. Rawr!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-18-2010, 01:27 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: here's the "Rev's" jacket>>> Police 47

Greeson, Brandon Ray
Hickory, NC
Taylorsville, NC

Primary Address N/A City N/A State N/A
ZIP Code N/A Phone Number N/A Date of Birth N/A
Race CAUCASIAN Height 72" Weight 235 LBS
Hair Color BROWN Offense Date 20061020 Court CATAWBA
Source State NC Offense 14-100 OBT PROP BY FALSE PR/CHTS/SER Disposition NEGOTIATED PLEA
Gender MALE

Offense 14-100 CONVICT:OBTAIN PROPERTY FALSE PRETENSE Disposition JUDGE (TRIAL BY JUDGE OR GUILTY PLEA BEFORE JUDGE AT DISTRICT COURT LEVEL, GUILTY PLEA AT SUPERIOR C Gender MALE

Offense 14-113.20 ARRAIGNED:IDENTITY THEFT Disposition DISMISSAL WITHOUT LEAVE BY DA Gender MALESee More

i am reposting this since the page is changing...i have posted it in local papers also. i smelled snake oil the minute i read about his website soliciting funds. i have also spoken with a Police Capt. there about it. i don't want to see people taken advantage of for caring about Zahra. i hope his site gets pulled down!

HPD is trying to find out more information about a non-profit organization called the Spiritual Counseling Network which claims to be raising money for Zahra's funeral expenses and police expenses.

WBTV has learned that one of the co-organizers of the group is on probation for obtaining property by false pretenses. SCN has not returned our calls.

Chief Adkins wants to talk with the organization's leaders to find out how they intend to use any money they collect from donors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

both parents liars. i can't wait to see the father locked up.

HICKORY --
There is a hole in the statutory school attendance safety net for North Carolina's school children, and Zahra Clare Baker seems to have dropped through that hole.
There is no record that Zahra was home schooled, as her parents claimed, or that either parent applied for home school certification.
The Hickory Daily Record looked at home school registrations in Catawba, Caldwell and Burke counties and did not find any reference where Adam or Elisa Baker received certification for home schooling.
The N.C. Department of Non-Public Education, a part of the state Department of Administration, requires all home schools to be registered.
Zahra, who has been missing since Saturday, attended Granite Falls and Hudson public schools last school year.
The Baker family lived in Caldwell County when she attended public schools there in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 school years.
She was never enrolled in Hickory Public Schools.
The Bakers moved to Hickory approximately six weeks before Zahra was reported missing, after the start of this school year.
North Carolina law says public school officials must be notified if a child is to be home schooled and will no longer attend public school.

Libby Brown, public information officer for Caldwell County Schools, said school personnel try to find a child who does not show for school within the first 10 days of a school year.
"We did contact the family," Brown said about Zahra's parents, Adam and Elisa.
Brown could not divulge a lot of information, but said, "a parent withdrew the child and said the family had moved to a different district."
Brown said the parent indicated Zahra would be home schooled.
That's when the Caldwell County school system's jurisdiction ended.
However, Brown said the system did review elements of home schooling with the parent.
"I am proud that we went above and beyond what is required and took so many additional steps," she said.
School personnel attempted followup calls to the telephone number on file, but there was no response.
"We used every resource for the welfare of Zahra," Brown said.
A parent is not required to tell the former school system where the child will be enrolled, even if it's another public school system.
In North Carolina, a child's new school district will seek records from the previous district, Brown said.
The declaration that Zahra would be home schooled and was officially withdrawn from Caldwell County schools satisfied that district's responsibility and ended the district's authority.
But, according to statute, without certification of home schooling, the public school connection is not severed.

see ya "rev". greedy bastard.

Hickory Police Department has been made aware of an organization soliciting funds for Zahra Baker. This group states that one purpose for these funds according to their website is to: "Support the efforts of law enforcement to investigate and prosecute the case surrounding the abduction/homicide of Zahra Claire Baker." Hickory Police Department has not been contacted by this group or has been given any information of their intent for this fund. HPD intends to explore this matter in greater detail without diverting resources from the investigation of Zahra.
An organization that HPD and the investigative team from other LE agencies have been working with is "Team Adam" from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. Team Adam provides rapid, on-site assistanceto law enforcement agencies and families in cases of missing, abducted, and exploited children. Its members are retired law-enforcement professionals with years of investigative experience at the federal, state, and local level. Team Adam Consultants rapidly deploy to sites where cases are unfolding, providing on-the-ground technical assistance and connecting local law enforcement with a national network of resources.
Two Team Adam Consultants are currently in Hickory assisting with this case, one consultant has been in Hickory since the second day after the report about Zahra.

I'm so glad you have posted this info in the Comments sections of various NC newspapers. Talk about shild exploitation! Can't wait to see the 24 hour "full-disclosure" daily receipts (as promissed) on the website. You rock, girl!
Thankyou and welcome! i hope you'll continue to follow the case here. Smiley_emoticons_smile
next couple days i'll be away from computer quite a bit, so post any new info you see!
i won't be surprised to see his website come down.

Attached Files
.gif   th_welcome-9.gif (Size: 54.97 KB / Downloads: 85)

Hey Lady Cop and thank you for keeping up with Zahar ...someone needed to a long time ago.
I just wanted to add to all of your information the following link to the Tara Sevatius interview with Brittany Bentley (Zahar's aunt) and Kim Drum (Brittany's Mom).
To me this is so pathetic ! It is the very first referance to drugs I have read or heard. Hope this link works.

http://www.wbtv.com/global/link.asp?l=461228

welcome to you also, and thanks for joining in! Smiley_emoticons_smile
i think drugs have been a running theme throughout, and step-bitch has been accused by some to be a dealer.
as i said before, if true, daddy dearest had to know about it. his innocent facade is not fooling anyone.

Attached Files
.gif   th_Welcometotheforum-1.gif (Size: 2.13 KB / Downloads: 132)

not bloody likely. this female is a flight risk. if lower bond is granted, she will be charged with something else to keep her ass locked up.

also...a neighbor says (unconfirmed) that stepbitch had an old monte carlo that disappeared same time as Zahra. they better start searching bodies of water if that is true.

NEWTON, N.C. -- Motions were filed Monday in Burke and Catawba counties to reduce the bond for Elisa Baker, the only person of interest named the disappearance of her 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra Baker.

Baker is currently under a total bond of $72,200 for two felony charges, including obstruction of justice in connection with the missing girl, but that could be reduced after she faces a judge Wednesday.

Bail bondsman Lloyd Patterson said backing Baker's bond would be an “above average risk,” but if she were to make bond, police can request ankle bracelets to keep track of her.