Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
another attack by pit bull
5News
AK
A four-year-old boy was killed by a Rottweiler that jumped a four-foot chained-link dog pen in Ozark early Friday evening, according to police.

Ozark Police Chief Cory Tedford said the four-year-old boy, who was visiting from Hot Springs, was visiting his grandfather.

Authorities say the boy was left with friends while his grandfather went to work. Police say the boy was outside playing in a fenced backyard when the Rottweiler jumped a four-foot-high chained-link dog pen.

We're told there were no eyewitnesses to the attack. Officials say when the boy was found, he was unresponsive but alive.

911 was called and the boy was transported by helicopter to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock. In transit, the boy’s condition worsened and had to land immediately at Johnson Regional Medical Center in Clarksville, where he was pronounced dead.

The Rottweiler is being quarantined. Chief Tedford said the dog will be euthanized.

Charges are pending on the responsible party.

(08-11-2011, 05:58 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I'll take the Basset Hound!

Believe me..once you hear it bay...you'll change your mind. Our pooch is a Basset-Schnauzer mix (called a "Bowser"..lol). Looks like a Schnauzer...but man, has the bay/bark of a Basset. I almost wish it was the other way around.

Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

(08-13-2011, 09:30 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Believe me..once you hear it bay...you'll change your mind.

That's one of my favorites parts of them. I'm very familiar with the baying of hounds. I've had beagles my entire adult life. I like everything about them, they are my favorite dog. The only reason I don't have a Basset right now is that I'm not paying 600-800 for a dog and they are difficult to find in a shelter. Smiley_emoticons_smile

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's probably OK if you live as you do, out in the country. And you're right, I guess I dont mind it that much..but I just dont like the thought of her bothering my neighbors.

And I hear ya..the prices fuckers want for purebred dogs are insane.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

(08-13-2011, 09:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-13-2011, 09:30 AM)thekid65 Wrote: Believe me..once you hear it bay...you'll change your mind.

That's one of my favorites parts of them. I'm very familiar with the baying of hounds. I've had beagles my entire adult life. I like everything about them, they are my favorite dog. The only reason I don't have a Basset right now is that I'm not paying 600-800 for a dog and they are difficult to find in a shelter. Smiley_emoticons_smile

I had a basset hound once. I would sit on the couch with her on the floor in front of me and we would bay at each other. She would never bay unless provoked by someone playing with her. $600-800...holy shit! I've never saw them that expensive. I only paid $75 for my female. Maybe it depends on what part of the county your from. I got her from local farmers that owned a furniture store in town. Both mom and dad were on the property and papers too. I just saw a post on FB the other day for a free BH. I really wanted to take him, but my lifestyle wouldn't allow it.

I forget where you live, Duchess, but if you're really interested, perhaps try this

http://adopt-a-basset-hound.adoptapet.com/

My Basset hound only bays when he goes for a walk, the dumb bastard.
(08-13-2011, 09:48 AM)thekid65 Wrote: I forget where you live, Duchess, but if you're really interested, perhaps try this

I actually used to look there daily. They have a couple right now but they are seniors. I know they need love & a home too but I don't want my heart broken in a year or two, I would be willing to invest several years though. Smiley_emoticons_slash

(08-13-2011, 10:33 AM)sally Wrote: My Basset hound only bays when he goes for a walk, the dumb bastard.

hah Maybe he's expressing his delight with the walk or greeting his 'hood. He's very cute, I remember his photo.

[Image: article-0-0D78F3A300000578-269_306x423.jpg]

A four-year-old girl has been mauled to death inside her suburban Melbourne home by a neighbour’s escaped pitbull-mastiff cross, renewing calls for the aggressive breed of dog to be banned.

Police Superintendent Graham Kent said the dog ran into the home, where Sudanese refugee Ayen Chol was watching TV with other children yesterday evening, and attacked.

A five-year-old girl and a 30-year-old woman were also injured. Chol died at the scene.

Chol’s cousin Daniel Atem said the injured woman was outside the house when the dog chased her inside.

Atem said the dog then attacked the five-year-old. As Chol’s mother intervened it turned on Chol, who was clinging to her mother’s leg.

He said: 'It pulled the child from the mum... the daughter died. The dog left the child and then the owner of the dog came after that and took the dog out.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1VOOM9RMI

HOUSTON (AP) — A two-week-old Houston-area boy has died after being mauled by the family dog.

The incident happened Saturday night as the baby sat in an infant carrier on the floor of a room in the family house. Harris County sheriff's spokesman Thomas Gilliland says the dog, a Labrador mix, began sniffing the child and attacked him before the parents could pull it away.

The child was airlifted to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he died early Sunday. Animal control officers have taken custody of the dog for quarantine.

Pit bulls escape, kill horse

Two pit bulldogs remained in quarantine Monday, a week after escaping from their home and attacking and killing a horse in a Forsyth County pasture.
The two dogs were still attached to the horse, including one clinging to the horse's mouth, when deputies arrived at the bloody scene, according to Lt. David Waters with the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office. The horse had numerous puncture wounds from the attack and later died, Waters said.
"I've never seen anything like this," Waters told Channel 2 Action News.
The dogs' owner, Melissa Andrews, faces two misdemeanor charges for failing to contain the dogs and was also cited for failing to have one of the animals vaccinated, Waters said. Andrews has a court date set for next month.
But Andrews may not be able to get the dogs back unless she purchases a $50,000 surety bond for each animal, due to a dangerous dog ordinance recently passed in the county.
The horse's owner declined to discuss the incident.
(10-19-2011, 09:57 AM)Nina Wrote: Pit bulls escape, kill horse

Two pit bulldogs remained in quarantine Monday, a week after escaping from their home and attacking and killing a horse in a Forsyth County pasture.
The two dogs were still attached to the horse, including one clinging to the horse's mouth, when deputies arrived at the bloody scene, according to Lt. David Waters with the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office. The horse had numerous puncture wounds from the attack and later died, Waters said.
"I've never seen anything like this," Waters told Channel 2 Action News.
The dogs' owner, Melissa Andrews, faces two misdemeanor charges for failing to contain the dogs and was also cited for failing to have one of the animals vaccinated, Waters said. Andrews has a court date set for next month.
But Andrews may not be able to get the dogs back unless she purchases a $50,000 surety bond for each animal, due to a dangerous dog ordinance recently passed in the county.
The horse's owner declined to discuss the incident.

Duchess will not be a happy bunny hearing about this one.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Those dogs should be put down. There is no option of paying $50k to get them back.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
waiting to hear if surgeons can reconstruct the woman's face.

Boston Herald
Surgeons at Brigham and Women’s Hospital were working yesterday to salvage and reconstruct what they could of a Bridgewater grandmother’s face after she was savagely mauled by her family’s 50-pound pit bull.

Normanda Torres, 71, was attacked about 11 a.m. at her family’s Bridgewater home and was flown to Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Doctors called down to Bridgewater to ask that the dog be euthanized immediately, so that parts of Torres’ nose and lips could be removed from his stomach, Bridgewater police said. The recovered facial parts were transported by police cruiser to the hospital.

no words......
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Those dogs have so many defenders who always say it's the owner not the dog. I don't buy that anymore and I haven't for awhile. Poor old lady. She must have been so scared.
I'm trying to find another home for mine now. She escaped through the fence and attacked my neighbors pet three times now, she didn't inflict any serious injuries and I don't think her intent was to kill because she caught the cat and then let it go. If she wanted to kill him she could have done it in two seconds, she didn't even bruise him. Anyway they took her to the humane society for 5 days at my expense and if I bring her back the animal control officer is going to try and declare her a dangerous dog.

I regret ever taking her, biggest mistake ever.
this is one of 4 similar reports i have read recently. not each in U.S.

[Image: shoes.jpg]
1/2/12
Fox
CHICAGO – A Chicago man was left in critical condition after two pit bull terriers attacked him as he jogged along the city's lakefront Monday morning.

The 62-year-old man was running in the city's South Shore neighborhood at approximately 6 a.m. when the mauling occurred. He sustained bites all over his body, including on his face.

"They were just going after the man like he was a piece of steak," Stanley Lee, who swung a baseball bat at the dogs in hopes to free the jogger, told MyFoxChicago.com. He went on to say the dogs went for the jogger's throat, face and arms, and called the attack was the worst thing he's ever seen.

Police officers found the dogs a short distance away from the site of the attack and fatally shot the animals as they attempted to attack them, department spokesman Officer Robert Perez said.

Neither officer was injured, he said.

Perez said the attack happened on a path in Rainbow Beach Park on the city's far South Side.

Another area resident said she ran outside, as another resident called 911 to help the man after hearing and seeing the attack from their window.

"He was yelling, `Somebody help me, please help me," said Debra Plummer.

"One had the man by his arm and the other had him by his leg and they just had a lock on him (and) they wouldn't let him go," she said. "I couldn't believe what I was looking at."

Ultimately, she said, police pulled their guns and shot the dogs multiple times.

"They had to open fire," she said.

She said one indication of how powerful the dogs were was what happened after they were shot: One ran across a path before it fell and another ran in circles for what seemed like minutes before it, too, finally fell to the ground.

The man was rushed to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where a hospital spokeswoman said late Monday morning he remained in critical condition. Police have not released his name.

Perez said officers had not identified the owner or owners of the animals, saying that while the dogs both had collars, neither had tags. He said animal control officers were dispatched to the scene to take the carcasses away.

The dogs were large, heavily muscled male pit bulls. Neither had identification microchips embedded in them and neither had been neutered, according to Cheri Travis, executive director of the city's department of animal care and control. She said the dogs wore identical collars, suggesting they could be owned by the same person.

My brother-in-law got very upset when I asked him to not bring his pit-bull over when visiting. He and his wife brought it over one Thanksgiving. First, I thought it was wrong of him to assume his fucking pet was invited, or that I would want to deal with an animal all day long while tending to guests and my own kids. My young daughter was alone downstairs at the time I confronted him, so with the thought of his dog going downstairs unsupervised and out of site with my daughter, I confidently made the request. Keep in mind he is also a very lazy, irresponsible, self-centered, immature kind of guy, so confidence in good dog training was especially low. Long story short, he huffed and puffed with the skills of a mafia ape, but the dog was never brought over again. Big. God. Damn. Dope.
86 112