Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
another attack by pit bull
i know all the defenses to why pit bulls always seem to be the bad guys. and i am sorry to all the defenders, but it is not a coincidence every damn time. i am a dog lover! i also have read hundreds of these stories. it IS THE BREED! i don't care what anyone says. they need regulating. in England they are not even allowed. everyone of this opinion is not just some ignorant fool who is bigoted against these dogs. oh and there is "it's always the owner's fault" theory too. in part, maybe.
no doubt the dog was jealous of new baby. that only explains this particular attack/mauling/death.

older thread on this topic here:
http://mockforums.net/t-pitbull-kills-to...=pit+bulls

Newborn Attacked By Pit Bull Dies
Police: 3-Day-Old Baby Attacked In Jacksonville Home Sunday Night

Monday, October 25, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A newborn baby has died after being attacked by a pit bull at a Jacksonville home Sunday night.

Channel 4 spoke with the baby's father on Monday night. He said he and his family are devastated by the loss of their 3-day-old baby boy.

Police said they were called to the dog attack about 10 p.m. Jacksonville Fire Rescue said the baby was rushed to Shands Jacksonville Medical Center.

The baby's father told Channel 4 news that he and his wife left their baby for just a few seconds to use the bathroom. The father said that is when the dog attacked the baby.

The father said he and his family are grieving over the tremendous loss of their child.

The father said the family raised the pit bull since it was a puppy and that the dog never showed any signs of aggression toward anyone in their family.

An Animal Control spokesman said animal workers euthanized the red, young pit bull that was brought in Sunday night after it attacked the baby. Police, animal control officials and the Department of Children and Families are all investigating.

In a separate case Monday night, Manatee County deputies fatally shot a pit bull that charged them after attacking a 5-year-old boy in Bradenton. Authorities said the boy tried to climb a tree to get away, but the dog bit into his arm and tried to pull him down.

That is horrible. Competely and totally horrible. We have a large, muscular, 130 pound dog that many people mistake as a Pit Bull. I get strange looks of disgust from a lot of people. Our dog is a South African Mastiff, or a Boerboel.
my opinion...many people have pit bulls for the bullshit macho thug image they often represent.

i like German Shepherds. my favorite breed. some people think gestapo and/or police when they see them. but they are so damn smart and loyal and loving.
the presa canarios that killed that poor young woman in SF were essentially pit bulls on steroids. living in a fucking apartment building! they tore her to pieces in the hallway. completely unprovoked. and owner couldn't control the beasts.

[Image: 3226585824_9b872a1565_z.jpg?zz=1]

I remember that. That was an horrific event. I love my dog. He is the biggest, goofiest, loving pup ever. I feel the need to say "Don't look at me like that! He is not a Pit Bull!"
Jesus thats horrific, I wish I didn't read that.

I have a pit bull, but the only reason is because my friends pit bull had puppies and she talked me into taking one. I wouldn't trust her around a baby, but then again I wouldn't trust any of my other dogs around a baby either. Not because they're vicious, but they are animals and you can never be 100% certain about what they might do.
leaving any dog around a newborn is risky, i agree. they get jealous like another child.
remember last year when a pit bull ripped the genitals off a baby boy?! pure jealousy.
the parents aren't thinking!

As gentle and loving as our dog is, I would never leave him, or any other dog, around my baby. This is such a sad story.
Sad story, but I have to put alot of the blame on the parents. ALL dogs are capable of causing injury and or/killing newborns, but pits are known for their unpredicatability. My dog is part pit so I'm not picking on the breed. People simply need to monitor their dogs when there are little humans in the house. If you can't, either don't reproduce or don't get a dog.
Bampton

Go fascinate someone else.
Pitbulls scare the be-jesus out of me. I agree with LC--it's just a vicious, or maybe a better word is unpredictable, breed. I'm sure there are great pitbulls but I would never take the chance of owning one and I keep my kids and my dog away from any that we encounter.

I'm a pitbull bigot.
Commando Cunt Queen
Signs_173Signs_173Signs_173
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Investigators are trying to figure out why a family's pit bull described as a "very loving dog" attacked a 3-day-old baby in Arlington Sunday night.

Police said they when they arrived at the home on Dickson Road in Arlington at 10:40 p.m., the baby was being transported to Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, where the boy died.

The baby's father told Channel 4 that he and his family are devastated by the loss of their new son, Justin Valentin. He said the dog attacked the baby on the bed while the mother took a shower.

"I don't know what happened," the father, Mark Valentin, said. "My wife went to the restroom and the dog got to the baby. We're not neglectful parents."

The father said he and his family are grieving over the loss of their child.

Valentin said that the dog never showed any signs of aggression toward anyone in their family, adding that his 4-year-old son "has never had any problems with this dog."

The father said he had raised the dog since the day it was born, and he said it was a very nice and loving dog who was never beaten.

Valentin said the pit bull had gotten loose before in the past, but it was returned by neighbors with his tail still wagging. Officers with animal care who picked the dog up after the attack painted a much different picture, saying that the pit bull was extremely aggressive with them.

"I want parents to know ... don't think you'll be quick enough," Valentin said. "It can happen in the blink of an eye."

the dog & the family with new baby that was killed:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

this is really shocking, Labs are usually perfect with kids. i've neglected this old thread although i've read about some pretty awful attacks, it seems redundant sadly.
i guess any breed can do uncharacteristic things.

A three-year-old boy could be scarred for life after he was savaged by a dog during a family picnic.

Logan Trim was left with horrific facial injuries when he was mauled by the black Labrador in a park at Poole Harbour, Dorset. he needed 40 stitches.

Oh Christ, that poor kid. I hope that's mostly swelling and it goes down and they'll be able to put him back together again.

Bad dog!!! BAD, BAD DOG!!!

Commando Cunt Queen
My daughter was bit on the nose by my BIL's dog when she was around 4 (still has a little scar). She was terrified of dogs for years after that (actually, until we got our dog).

Problem is, kids need to be taught how to interact with dogs too. She was trying to get the dog to do something that the dog just didn't want to do and the dog got pissed.

I'm blaming her instead of acknowledging that I let my young daughter "play" (i.e., manhandle) someone else's dog for a few minutes and I wasn't looking.

Oops
Commando Cunt Queen
I am a dog lover too but I think pit bulls should be regulated in some way and owners should be required to register their dogs and have insurance. I have heard too many times about how the ones that attack had "never shown aggression" and were great family pets. My nephew was attacked by his neighbor's dog many years ago and he had played with it every day since it was a pup. A friend's daughter was mauled last fall and had terrible facial injuries (like the ones of that boy above) - the young owner had no job, much less insurance, so my friend was stuck with massive medical bills. Aggression is in their nature, even the sweet ones. There are so many thug-wannabes in Atlanta that have them because they think it is cool. The shelters here will NOT adopt them back out once they are picked up so they have a death sentence hanging over their heads. Sad.

This guy had one tied up inside his residence. Can't help but wonder if maybe he was asking for it......

Police say Virginia man killed by his pit bull

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. — Police say a Virginia man found dead in his home was killed by his pit bull.

The Spotsylvania County Sheriff's Department says in a news release that an autopsy found indications of paw marks on the victim's body and defensive wounds on the fingers and hands.

Police say the body of 38-year-old David Quyon Haigler was found Saturday in his home by his 18-year-old son.

Sheriff's Lt. Col. Michael Timm tells The Free-Lance Star that the 6-year-old pit bull was roaming free in the house. Another 6-year-old pit bull was chained in another area of the residence.

Timm says both dogs are being held at the county animal shelter
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/pol...77536.html
first the poor man's arms were ripped off. :(

HAWTHORNE, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said 74-year-old Roy McSweeney died Wednesday afternoon, five days after he was attacked by two pit bulls while gardening in his yard.

McSweeney lost his right arm and part of his left arm when the dogs attacked him outside his home in the 200 block of Old Hawthorne Road. He had been on life-support at Shands Medical Center in Gainesville, where he was pronounced dead at 4:18 p.m. Wednesday.

Putnam County sheriff's deputies said two pit bulls got out of McSweeney's neighbor's home and attacked him.

The two dogs involved in the attack were euthanized.

I had a German Shepherd and it was truly fascinating. After time you don't even have to speak commands but just look at each other or give him hand signals. Really beautiful guys in every way.

Now I have a long haired pure black Belgium Shepherd and what a difference. In comparison the Belgium is totally dumb. Doesn't listen as much to commands, only likes to play, looking for constant touch by me, and pretty much of an Emo, but a vicious one and more of a pure instict dog. Still very nice, no problem with family or friends, but only usable for Attack or Sniffer Dog from what I can see. Wouldn't get one of those again.

Next one is gonna be a Boereboel for sure. Got to keep our South African roots alive and they are beautiful guys. Besides, always wanted 80kg of pure muscle on a leash. And no, am not talking about a night at Chippendales.
she's in critical condition of course. Signs_173

A 75-year-old woman who lost her leg and suffered a heart attack after she was mauled by a pair of pit bulls in her backyard could lose her other leg and an arm.

Emako Mendoza was attacked at her home in Paradise Hills, San Diego when she went to get a newspaper on Saturday.

Her husband of 53 years, James Mendoza, 78, told how he found his injured wife after his next door neighbor knocked on the door looking for his dogs.

[Image: article-2012009-0CE4C64A00000578-138_468x335.jpg]

A 150lbs American pitbull has mauled to death a baby boy while he was spending the July 4th weekend at his grandparents' home in Oregon.

Michael Naglee, who would have celebrated his first birthday tomorrow, died in hospital from horrific bites to his head and chest.

His four grandparents and his uncle all fought desperately to save the little boy, and three of them were bitten in their vain struggle to get Michael away from the dog.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1RPQMqc6q

I would put a bullet in the brain of every pitbull, people can go on about "its not the dogs fault" till the cows come home, pitbulls are not pets they are status symbols for retards.

One of my neighbours has got one and I have warned him if it comes anywhere near me or my family I will stomp on its head till its brains squirt out of its ears.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Next headline:
English man loses leg in pit bull tragedy.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.