Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Spader murder trial has started~ horror in a little NH town
I have faith in the judicial system in that if they did not find Sheila Labarre insane this punks plea will not go over well with the jury. She was cooking a body in the back yard as she talked to the cops on the front porch. Then they left and she continued.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
trial resumes today.

AP
NASHUA, N.H. — The word "creepy" was used by two defense witnesses Thursday to describe the behavior of a man who has admitted being part of a deadly knife and machete attack on a woman and her 11-year-old daughter.

Christopher Gribble has acknowledged his role in the killing of Kimberly Cates and the maiming of her 11-year-old daughter, Jaimie, in an October 2009 home invasion in Mont Vernon, but he’s asking a jury to rule he was insane.

Gribble’s father, Richard, testified that his son struggled to see other people’s points of view and would twist events to defend his positions. The elder Gribble, a software engineer, said he and his wife raised their son in the Mormon faith.

Aside from raising their voices on occasion, they did not abuse him physically or emotionally, he said, contradicting earlier testimony from his son.

Asked if his efforts to instill good values had been successful, Richard Gribble’s voice fell. Given the crimes his son had confessed to, "I would have to say no, they were not," he said softly.

edit to add: NASHUA, N.H. — A man who says he was insane when he helped kill a woman and maim her daughter in a knife and machete attack prides himself on his ability to lie and manipulate people, a psychiatrist testified today.

Dr. Albert Drukteinas spent nearly eight hours interviewing 21-year-old Christopher Gribble in February and read more than 13,000 pages of documents in the case. The doctor, who is testifying for the prosecution, said Gribble did not suffer from delusions or an inability to control his behavior in the October 2009 home invasion in Mont Vernon.

evidence:

[Image: article-1369551-0B52D13500000578-551_468x286.jpg]

A New Hampshire jury today rejected an insanity defense and convicted a former Eagle Scout of killing a mother and maiming her young daughter during a machete and knife attack.

The jury of five women and seven men deliberated for 90 minutes yesterday and a short time this morning before returning the guilty verdicts against Christopher Gribble, 21. Gribble had claimed he was insane when he and three friends killed Kimberly Cates, 42, and severely wounded her daughter, Jaimie, then 11, during a October 2009 Mont Vernon, N.H. home invasion.

Gribble now faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

evidence:

[Image: article-1369551-0B52D13500000578-551_468x286.jpg]

he will never be free. this was comparable to the Petit case for brutality, horror and senselessness.

Boston Herald
The New Hampshire girl who survived a brutal machete and knife attack that killed her mother received a special message today from the judge who sent her one of her mom’s killers to prison for life.

Jaimie Cates, who was 11 at the time of the October 2009 home invasion, made her first appearance in court as a jury rejected an insanity defense waged by Christopher Gribble, 21, and convicted him of murder.

“You are a lovely little girl,” said Judge Gillian Abramson, who added Gribble can never hurt her again.

“I hope you understand that. I wish you better days,” she said. Jaimie Cates did not address the court.

Abramson imposed the required sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murder conviction. She added a sentence of 50 years to life plus a maximum of an additional 52 years for Gribble to serve consecutively on the other charges.

“I believe the record will thoroughly support my belief that infinity is not enough jail time for you,” she said.

Cates’s widower, David, discussed the pain of reliving the gruesome attack that killed his wife, Kimberly, 42, and maimed his daughter during Gribble’s trial.

“In this courtroom I’ve listened to the accounts of Kim’s murder one excruciating detail after the next, feeling in my body every strike of that machete and every stab of that knife,” Cates said. “I can’t fathom how depraved a person must be to commit such a heinous murder. Through these accounts I have heard my wife’s last breaths. I have listened to my child’s screams. I have watched as Jaimie’s perfect little body was mutilated and tortured.”

he listens to sentence:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jaimie. who survived butchery, lost her mom and lived. 42

[Image: article-1369981-0B56551100000578-504_468x572.jpg]

He will spend 23 hrs per day in an 8x10 cell. His morning will start at 6am when he is let out alone into an area where he can walk around in a circle. This will go on for 5 yrs at which time his solitary will be reviewed. The thing about this punishment and the reason for it has been lost on these people and I am sure that was the furthest thing from their minds when they were hacking away.
I believe that there should be a class in schools showing kids what happens when the law is broken, like the scared straight movies and mentality, people need to learn their future when they grab the handle of a knife, gun, club etc. in anger. Otherwise the punishment is not in their brains when they contemplate these vile acts. There was a reason for public hangings and beheadings in the past, it showed the masses the results of their decisions, that is lacking in todays world.

I hope that little girl becomes an outspoken voice on the need for punishment awareness in education and in the future all people know the results of their actions beforehand.
AP

NASHUA, N.H. — Two teens who helped plan a deadly home invasion in New Hampshire, but played no role in the machete attacks on a mother and her daughter, are expected to be sentenced Monday to decades in prison.

William Marks and Quinn Glover, both 19 and from Amherst, struck plea deals with the state and agreed to provide information and testimony.

Prosecutors have said Glover intended to make chloroform a day before the invasion, and Marks testified he covered his ears as the victims pleaded for their lives.

Glover’s deal calls for a 20-year sentence on his convictions for robbery and burglary. Marks will plead guilty Monday to being an accomplice to murder, and conspiracy to commit murder and burglary. His plea agreement calls for a 30-year sentence.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steven Spader to receive sentence review
Spader convicted for 2009 home-invasion attack

MANCHESTER, N.H. —

Convicted killer Steven Spader will get another day in court for a judge to review his sentence.

Spader is serving life in prison for his role in the 2009 home-invasion attack that left a Mont Vernon mother dead and her daughter severely injured. At his sentencing in 2010, Judge Jillian Abramson told Spader that he belonged in a cage for the rest of his life.

Prosecutors and Spader’s defense team will argue whether he should be granted a different sentence on April 22.

In 2012, the Supreme Court ruled that automatic life sentencing for juvenile offenders is unconstitutional. Spader was 17 at the time of the attack, and got an automatic sentence of life without parole, plus more than 70 years for other crimes.

“Based on the U.S. Supreme Court decision that came down last year, juveniles can’t be given an automatic life without parole sentence,” said New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin. “So what will happen is the judge will actually hear from both sides and determine what sentence, up to life without parole, she’ll impose in the case.”

Legal experts said a judge will likely give Spader the same sentence as before, but there are other New Hampshire convicts envious of that opportunity.

The state holds three other murders who committed their crimes as 17-year-old juveniles. Eduardo Lopez killed a Nashua man in a 1991 robbery.

Robert Dingman killed his parents in Rochester with the help of his brother in 1996.

Robert Tulloch was convicted in the 2001 murders of two Dartmouth professors.

A fourth convict, Michael Soto, was an accomplice to first-degree murder in a 2007 shooting in Manchester.

Attorneys for these inmates said they deserve a re-sentencing hearing like Spader. The state, however, contends their cases are closed and do not fall under the Supreme Court ruling.

University of New Hampshire law professor Buzz Scherr said either way, the original sentences are unlikely to change.

“It’s not like any judge in the United States, certainly not in New Hampshire, is going to say, ‘Oh, now that I can re-sentence you, I’m going to let you out of jail.’”

With those other four inmates pursuing re-sentencing, the attorney general’s office said it might ask for a judge to rule on the eligibility of those cases all at once, meaning Lopez, Dingman, Tulloch and Soto could all be in court at the same time.

http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Steven-...index.html
I hope that SOB grows old and has an asshole that opens 4 inches every time he bends over.