Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MARTHA? MARTHA, WHERE ARE YOU?
Your house must be huge. Your kitchen is just gorgeous. I would likely put my bed next to it.
We always do a "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner. The location varies. I cook pretty much nightly but I don't really enjoy it--I just like eating home cooked food. TG is a little TOO much cooking for my tastes (all those damn side dishes). I find it to be a chore when it's my turn to cook. And clean up...bluck. Now if I had two dishwashers....

One of these days, I'm just going to order the dinner from Whole Foods or something and all of us can just relax and enjoy the day.
Commando Cunt Queen

No, not huge, the kitchen is part of the great room which is the biggest room in here & newer than the rest of the house, the other rooms are much smaller, 1700's small.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
ok i guess this is as good a time as any to tell my story about the $300. turkey. one year i simply could not be with my son to cook Thanksgiving dinner. i felt terrible! i was down in the Fla. Keys, had to work, and he was up North in college. so he and his girlfriend figured they would cook a BIG bird just like i do. and get instructions over the cell phone. which at that time was $$ per minute long distance. (i paid the monthly bill)
now this is a young man who could barely create toast.
so...instead of a fresh bird as i advised, they bought a giant monster 25 lb. frozen-solid- as -the- iceberg- that- doomed- the -Titanic- bird.

on wed. night.

because it was cheap.

the rest of the night was spent on the phone with me as they desperately tried to thaw the damn thing in the bathtub and make stuffing. with step by step stuffing instructions from me.

sooooo by about 0500 they were able to shove some stuffing up its butt.

the total phone bill was $300. but they saved 37 cents on that damn turkey!

and then the buggers told me later it was as good as mine! 52
i hate them.

HaHa, LC..I remember you telling that one before. Kind of reminds me of the very first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner. My parents had gone to Phoenix to spend the holiday with my aunt and uncle. My mom wrote down her stuffing recipe, and all the instructions for cooking the bird. I was cooking for me, my brother, and a couple friends.
So I got up in the morning and got started. Well...I never realized how big a pile was made by two loafs of bread..cubed up. I was sure there was WAY too much. So there I am...8 AM Eastern time...calling my mom in Phoenix....where it was about 6, in tears about it. I could her my aunt laughing hysterically in the background. Heard about it for years.
About twelve years ago, my family decided to celebrate Thanksgiving , together, in a neutral location. Friends are invited, too.

We meet, laugh, reminisce and celebrate our blessings. All is left to the wonderful staff of the Moana Surfrider, in Hawaii. Old Victorian hotel.

Screw the leftovers . Nothing beats a plate lunch and a shave ice, on the North Shore, during the Triple Crown of Surfing. Shrimp trucks serve up good grinds, too.

Join the celebration at the Banyan Court! If you don’t have reservations, I suggest you hurry and “Book ‘em, Danno”, before it’s too late!

Entrance to Moana Surfrider - Banyan Court, rear, is beachside
We are spending Christmas in Kailua this year and Thanksgiving on the Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach. The Christmas boxes won't leave the garage this year.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Did you hear about the lady who went fishing with 4 men? She came back with a red snapper.
(11-04-2010, 09:50 PM)sally Wrote: Did you hear about the lady who went fishing with 4 men? She came back with a red snapper.

And the 98 lb. weakling who went to Alaska - 9 months later he came back a husky fucker.