Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maggot went to camp in the North Woods
(11-14-2010, 10:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: 1-spike 1-8pt total 280 lbs. :B hanging nose to China now.

RAWR! 16

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i found this in the Daily Mail this morning. Santa will not be happy with Maggot, Maggot is getting cat poop in his stocking this year. Santaani

GORDON RAMSAY'S REINDEER STEW

Ingredients
Olive oil
200g smoked bacon lardons or pancetta
800g reindeer meat cut into chunks
1 turnip, peeled and sliced
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
1 large bulb of garlic, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp blueberries
1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ bottle red wine
20g of grated dark chocolate
salt and pepper
a handful of snow

1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Once hot, add the bacon lardons and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the reindeer chunks, season with salt and pepper and allow to colour.
2. Stir in the turnip, red onion, garlic and carrot and continue to heat for 4-5 minutes to lightly colour the vegetables, then stir in the blueberries.
3. Add the red wine vinegar to the pan and swirl to deglaze. Pour in the red wine, bring to the boil and allow to reduce for approximately 8-10 minutes or until syrupy.
4. Add a handful of snow (or half a cup of water), bring back to the boil and then continue to simmer for a further 8-10 minutes until thickened.
5. Grate in the dark chocolate, heat for a further minute until thickened and nicely glazed. Correct the seasoning accordingly and serve at once.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gif   rudolph3.gif (Size: 97.69 KB / Downloads: 43)

Friggin' meat eaters. I hope they all get worms.
Nothing left but Ice fishing now. Smiley_emoticons_smile Jan,Feb<March are long assed months. I feel dirty until Spring. Cheers Oh Yeah..........Anyone play darts? Thats big around here in the winter.

The spike on the right broke his left leg getting away and ran about 30 ft before dropping. Pete got the 8 pt on Friday, and flushed the spike for me on Saturday.

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Deer Killer: Anyone play darts? Thats big around here in the winter.

damn Maggot! i have some awesome red steel darts with union jack flyers that i packed when i was moving and never could find again! 22 if i ever find them there is a British Pub not far from me and i'll gladly whip your ass and buy you a Guinness.
Cheers

:B..........free snacks!!!!
RIP bambi's parents.
Commando Cunt Queen
(11-15-2010, 09:49 PM)Maggot Wrote: The spike on the right broke his left leg getting away and ran about 30 ft before dropping.

If you can't drop 'em with one shot where they stand, you have no business being in the fucking woods. 86

If you're going to eat meat then I think it's better to hunt your own than to buy it from the grocery store where it came from a factory farm.
(11-16-2010, 10:44 AM)sally Wrote: If you're going to eat meat then I think it's better to hunt your own than to buy it from the grocery store where it came from a factory farm.

Of course you're right & if Maggot would come in and take a swipe at me I could stop feeling bad for being such a bitch this morning & go back to thinking he's a lil' bastard.

hey Maggot, i forgot to tell you there were 7 wild turkeys in my yard yesterday! they must not know what month it is! they ate everything in sight. hahaha

.jpg   turkey hat.jpg (Size: 3.29 KB / Downloads: 50)
.gif   turkey5.gif (Size: 3.1 KB / Downloads: 51)
.gif   turkey_shoot.gif (Size: 49.78 KB / Downloads: 49)
.gif   turkey.gif (Size: 58.12 KB / Downloads: 50)

I don't think I could ever become a true vegan because I couldn't live without cheese and seafood, but I could go without the meat. I don't even care that much for it, although a nice aged steak does taste good every once in a while.

So I guess what I'm basically saying is that I could never become a vegetarian lol.
A hunter and his friend were sitting in a tall tower stand near Highway 7 early one cold November morning.

Suddenly, a huge buck walked out over the corn they had spread in the low shrubs. The buck was magnificent, a once in a lifetime animal. His rack was huge.

The hunter's hand shook as his mind was already counting the Boone and Crockett points. Moving quickly, the hunter carefully aimed the Leopold scope on his .300 Win Mag at the unsuspecting buck.

As he was about to squeeze the trigger on this deer of a lifetime, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing slowly down Highway 7.

The hunter pulled away from the gun stock, set the rifle down, took off his hat, bowed his head and then closed his eyes in prayer.

His friend was stunned, "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen you do. You actually let that trophy deer go to pay respects to a passing funeral procession.

You are indeed the kindest man I have ever known, and I feel lucky to call you a friend."

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 37 years."

Maggot, are licenses very expensive in your state? and how many deer or turkeys can you take?
i don't like this poacher, whatever point he's trying to make about fees.

BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Fish and Game officials are looking for a poacher that's sending anonymous photos of his illegal activities to authorities - and then bragging about it.

Fish and Game says last week they received an anonymous letter from a person who referred to themself as "Poacher X."

"Here is a picture of the nice buck I poached up in northern Idaho this year. & I plan to do all my Idaho hunting like this from now on. & I'll send a picture of my nice pronghorn next. Also my turkey," the letter, which was laced with expletives, stated.

The envelope from "Poacher X" had a postmark of Everett, Wash.

So how unusual is it that a guy is so in the face of Fish and Game enforcement?

"In my 15 years of wildlife enforcement, I've never seen it," said Chris Wright with the Fish and Game Department.

They suspect he's angry at the out-of-state fees.

"You buy a hunting license it's in the $135-140 range and with tags it could cost you $300 to $500 for hunting licenses, tags, fishing licenses, that sort of thing," Wright said.

Anyone with information on this crime, or any other crime, may call Citizen's Against Poaching at 1-800-632-5999, 24-hour a day. Callers may remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.

combo hunting/fishing is 46.00
archery 22.00
muzzleloader 16.00
bear 16.00
small game, squirrels, muskrat, rabbit free
Every year though the areas change from antlered deer and doe only sometimes they change shit at the last min so I get updates via e-mail.
I would need a dog for bird cuz I'm not swimming for a freakin duck, thats alot of work though. I just want a bunch of meat and I kinda like archery because I get quiet time early in the season and sometimes could care less if I get anything.
Poachers suck and if I ever see one I would call and rat the fuckers out. But would never aproach them myself. I respect guns but not some asshole that would shoot my ass before even thinking. I once went bear hunting and had a shotgun later I found out that only dogs were allowed in that section. Now I check every area because it can get confusing with all the rules now.
(11-16-2010, 04:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-16-2010, 10:44 AM)sally Wrote: If you're going to eat meat then I think it's better to hunt your own than to buy it from the grocery store where it came from a factory farm.

Of course you're right & if Maggot would come in and take a swipe at me I could stop feeling bad for being such a bitch this morning & go back to thinking he's a lil' bastard.
Fuck Maggot, I was on his side untill I read that he hunts bears for sport.

so Maggot, what is the limit on deer or turkeys?

you can get a deer for archery
one for muzzleloader
one for rifle/shotgun
Turkey you can get 3 per year 1-spring archery 1-fall archery 1-fall shotgun
did you ever shoot or kill a bear?

I have not shot a bear yet, I know they stink like rotten shitty food though. Their caves and nocks smell horrible. I have eaten bear meat and I don't like it maybe thats why I have'nt gone in over 6 years. I guess its OK in a stew but have you ever eaten stew all winter? That has GOT to suck! I cannot justify hunting for just a pelt anymore. But they do need to be controlled somehow. This year the woods were loaded with them.