Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*Christmas Shopping*
who among us is deranged enough to go out to the stores on BLACK FRIDAY? :B
or do you shop online? with free shipping at many venues, i can't see fighting the mob. but some enjoy all that frenzied activity, it heralds the Season.
how do you get it done? or when? last month or Christmas Eve? Smiley_emoticons_wink

BAH HUMBUG! 89

I shop all year long for Christmas, I like giving the perfect gift so when I see something I know someone in my life will like, I buy it right then. I wouldn't consider going out on Black Friday, 99% of my shopping is done online. I'm very organized, I have to be, I don't like chaos, I'm a creature of habit & everything needs to be in place, tidy, if it's not then my mind is chaos too & I'll have a meltdown.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Merry Christmas! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
It isn't effen Christmas! Let me live! It is Thanksgiving and the house smells wonderfully already.

I only like the first Black Friday store when there is not a line. After that, it all goes to hell. I will choose wisely. One store.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(11-25-2010, 10:32 AM)Cracker Wrote: It isn't effen Christmas!

Hey! That was a smart ass response to LC's sig line. Jeez. Smiley_emoticons_slash

yeah, well Cracker, it IS Christmas as soon as Santy winds up the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade! so there! Santaani

and oh yes the house DOES smell fantastic! 70

(11-25-2010, 10:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Hey! That was a smart ass response to LC's sig line. Jeez. Smiley_emoticons_slash

i am MEANER than Scrooge! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
i LOVE Scrooge! :B

(11-25-2010, 10:34 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh, so sorry. Your post made me feel all panicky. lol

Have you ever read Stephen King's short story My Pretty Pony? I have begun to feel that way around the holidays.

"Plot summaryAn elderly man, his death rapidly approaching, takes his young grandson up onto a hill behind his house and gives the boy his pocketwatch. Then, standing among falling apple blossoms, the man also "gives instruction" on the nature of time: how when you grow up, it begins to move faster and faster, slipping away from you in great chunks if you don't hold tightly onto it. Time is a pretty pony, with a wicked heart." Source: Wiki, so you don't get sued.

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(11-25-2010, 10:53 AM)Cracker Wrote: when you grow up, it begins to move faster and faster, slipping away from you in great chunks if you don't hold tightly onto it.

I've never read the book but, I agree with that statement & sometimes it scares the crap out of me because I start to feel like I'm running out of time...of course I'm not but it can seem like it's moving at the speed of light occasionally...AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE I'M DOING METH EITHER!

STOP THAT! Stop here

every Christmas i wonder if it will be my last, i had both my heart 109 attacks at Christmas, (different years) Dec. 18th and 30th.
and i agree the season comes too fast right after Labor Day! faster every year. i decided to revel in the spirit from Thanksgiving forward. don't care about things, but memories and sentiment. not to be maudlin, 34 but to enjoy all the music, my village and books and lights and movies to the fullest.

now, that's enough of that ~~~ SCROOGE reigns! Awink

Merry Christmas!
in the true spirit of Christmas, i bought myself a present today! haha
this lovely antique holly teacup~~~i don't know the year of manufacture yet, but i've written to the seller to inquire~~

click for detail

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You would not get me anywhere near a store tomorrow. I may be crazy, but I am not stupid.
Yes we already have just about all the "chocchie gifts" for our friends & loved ones bought & wrapped. It will be a little something for them to unwrap & open on Christmas day. But for the bulk of their gifts, we give Gift cards. One size fits all, & is always the right color, & no returns. Not to mention, that all the stores have after Christmas 60 to 70 % price slashing sales. Therefore, making the domination value of the card doubled, so card recipients actually make out better! They're happy, we're happy, so it works well for us! Smiley_emoticons_smile
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-25-2010, 08:49 PM)Carsman Wrote: Therefore, making the domination value of the card doubled, so card recipients actually make out better!

I think you meant denomination (which makes "value" redundant). Maybe "therefore doubling the card denomination so recipients..."

Sorry, I can't help it...it's a sickness. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
I was thinking about going to WallyWorld at midnight, but got my wits about me and just ordered a new Digital Camera for myself online instead.
(11-25-2010, 09:49 PM)username Wrote:
(11-25-2010, 08:49 PM)Carsman Wrote: Therefore, making the domination value of the card doubled, so card recipients actually make out better!

I think you meant denomination (which makes "value" redundant). Maybe "therefore doubling the card denomination so recipients..."

Sorry, I can't help it...it's a sickness. Smiley_emoticons_slash

Big surprise::bana::11997106

I've got something for your sickness, but you can't open it till Christmas! Smiley_emoticons_stumm
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

in the true spirit of Christmas, love for our fellow humans, peace on earth and joy to the world~~~here are some examples of black friday shopping stories, links at Drudge Report:

VIDEO: Crazed shoppers stampede at TARGET...

Marine stabbed at BEST BUY...

Shopper arrested after packing gun in belt; knives, 'pepper grenade'...

Mall food court placed on lockdown after fight, reports of gunshots...

Shopper arrested after cutting in line, raging...

Police called after 'thousands' rush TOYS R US...

Woman busted after gun threat at toy store...

Shoppers accuse WAL-MART of false advertising...

i want to give this place a mention, i bought a beautiful little antique teacup (post #12) here from Holly, she is very sweet, and prompt! she has a lovely shop of vintage things if you are into that~~

http://www.thepinkrosecottage.com/

ok so i spammed. 50 but some here may like her things~

I collect depression era black amethyst glassware. Wine glasses and drinking glasses, not vases. I never use them. I would have a coronary if they were damaged.