Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
CALLING ALL COOKS

Do you have no fail "go to" recipes that you find yourself using time after time for appetizers? If so, post 'em up, bitches. I know there are a plethora of places online that I could find what I need but I want to hear from people "I know" who have had success with their recipe of choice.

Thanks sweeties. 27
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I think hell just froze over...
Commando Cunt Queen
(12-05-2010, 12:29 PM)username Wrote: I think hell just froze over...

Heh...Good morning, darling. Smiley_emoticons_bussi

(12-05-2010, 12:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you have no fail "go to" recipes that you find yourself using time after time for appetizers? If so, post 'em up, bitches. I know there are a plethora of places online that I could find what I need but I want to hear from people "I know" who have had success with their recipe of choice.

Thanks sweeties. 27

I must have made a wrong turn.
Bahahahahaha!

What time is your event? Brunch, lunch, or evening?
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(12-05-2010, 12:36 PM)Loaded Wrote: I must have made a wrong turn.

You have no idea. This is a first. I mean a first in YEARS, not months. An historic event.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
(12-05-2010, 12:36 PM)Cracker Wrote: Bahahahahaha!

What time is your event? Brunch, lunch, or evening?

Stop laughing!

Evening. 50

I have to ask: Regular folks or snotty folks? I make different foods for my real friends than I do for assholes I don't really know.

All of my work related galas/parties are catered. This is for my holiday party, I usually get what I need up in Little Italy & while I will still get many things up there I thought I'd attempt to do a lil' something on my own for my closet friends...I like fuckin' with their heads and this would have the power to actually blow their minds. 39
Headed out the door, but some ideas:
red pepper jelly over cream cheese with crackers (sounds disgusting, number 1 Christmas appetizer in my region, it's great)
angels on horseback or bacon wrapped dates
bruschetta
sausage balls (who doesn't love these?)
cheese ball
artichoke dip (monkey could make this)
ham rolls (monkey could make these, too, everybody's favorite)
BBQ meatballs or little smokies (in the crockpot)
cold crab dip, shrimp dip, spinach dip, hot crab dip, mexican cheese dip, guacamole.
(12-05-2010, 12:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: Headed out the door, but some ideas:
red pepper jelly over cream cheese with crackers (sounds disgusting, number 1 Christmas appetizer in my region, it's great)
bruschetta
cheese ball
cold crab dip, shrimp dip, spinach dip, hot crab dip, mexican cheese dip, guacamole.

I would eat all of that.
(12-05-2010, 12:51 PM)Cracker Wrote: Headed out the door, but some ideas:
bruschetta
cheese ball

I see several possibilities here. Could you expound a bit on the sausage balls. Would they be like little meatballs? Hahaha! I don't even know how to word my cooking questions properly. Jesus Christ. hah

What spirits or wine are you offering your guests?

Full meal or Cocktail Party?

Please tell me this isn't a vegan event!

Cracker states an important point: Snobs or Slobs?
(12-05-2010, 01:11 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: What spirits or wine are you offering your guests?

They're with Duchess who wouldn't be caught toting anything less than a designer bag and who throws a catered "gala"...what do you think?

Commando Cunt Queen

hah Oh hell. I carry a Dooney {or Guess} & my closet friends are mostly "horse people". My home & the people I invite into it are laidback and relaxed, there's nothing hoity toity about me or my personal space.
(12-05-2010, 01:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

hah Oh hell. I carry a Dooney {or Guess} & my closet friends are mostly "horse people". My home & the people I invite into it are laidback and relaxed, there's nothing hoity toity about me or my personal space.

Big ones or little ones?
(12-05-2010, 01:14 PM)username Wrote:
(12-05-2010, 01:11 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: What spirits or wine are you offering your guests?

They're with Duchess who wouldn't be caught toting anything less than a designer bag and who throws a catered "gala"...what do you think?

So I suppose smokies and swiss with a little toothpick stuck through them are out of the question?

Summer sausage ,cheddar and ritz are also probably off the menu.

Black olive and cream cheese goes with anything.

Breaded and deep fried portabella mushrooms stuffed with shrimp and crab are really good!

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

What the fuck are you talking about?
Little Smokies with Kraft Original BBQ Sauce paired with Michelob Ultra Lite.

Ranch Dip with Ruffles (or store brand crinkle chips).

Paper towels for napkins.

Damned dressage crowd!

Wine for sure, Bud, Corona, mixed drinks.

Not vegan, my friends would revolt.

Full meal.

None of things you asked about are an issue. I can handle the booze & main course, that's taken care of. I want to make something small & tasty for my friends who think I don't have a clue about how it's done.