Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nulla Nulla and other No No's
Winds of Tara:

Writing in slang is my feeble attempt to make a point. While visiting Australia, I picked up Aussie slang from the locals taking me to their favorite surf spots.

Surfers or “surfies” are an irreverent lot, throughout the world. Do you really think I took offense when I was referred to as the “Septic Tank”? It was later shortened to “Tank” once I was accepted into the ranks.

Americans probably don’t know how Aussie slang works. Quite a bit has to do with rhyming. Therefore “Septic Tank” rhymes with “Yank” and thus, American.

Similar to Cockney in the UK.

Actually, almost identical since those speaking it are usually on the dole. For my American friends, “on the dole” means they are sucking-off the tit of governmental programs. Really, it’s their career.

Nulla Nulla was deliberate. It is offensive.

It is also a club.

Quite frankly, I was offended by the pabulum in Emily’s journal. I hope, in my post, this wasn’t lost in translation.

You and the Abbo elders can point the bone at those responsible for Zahra’s death.

Please, don’t be “niggardly” with your outrage.

Or your Political Correctness.

Gotta go . . . booking passage on the “Asian” Express.

Ooooo...she said, niggardly. Whatta memory that coaxed out of me. 113
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
OK i looked up nulla-nulla and all i found was the club.
WHY is it so offensive, limited to males, and what the fuck is "pointing the bone"? some sort of curse?

I LOVE that "pointing the bone". I do! Poof! You've been boned. hah
(12-07-2010, 03:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I LOVE that "pointing the bone". I do! Poof! You've been boned. hah

you are such a dirty-minded slut.
now we are never going to hear the end of this bone thing! 115

Poof!

I don't know why I find this so amusing, probably for the same reason I get a serious case of the giggles whenever I have to be at a viewing.
poke poke poke>>>>::bandance::

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Orientals pointing the "Bone"

"Rook out, Amelica!"
Lemembel Pealr!
but what is significance of bone pointing? is it a curse or a present? hah

(12-07-2010, 04:24 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: is it a curse or a present? hah

Laugh outloud funny! 28

Bullshit! Nulla Nulla is no more offensive than boomerang; saying it, writing it or using it... Many women of the Arrente, Kamilaroi and Awabigal tribes hunted small animals with a nulla or a waddy.

It is far more offensive for you to refer to them as 'abos'.

When did you visit here, Tiki? It must have been a while ago because rhyming slang disappeared in the late seventies to early eighties. Most people find it cringeworthy these days.

As for pointing the bone, not just any elder can do it. The elder can rule that someone is guilty of a crime that warrants death or severe punishment. That's where the kurdaitcha man comes in. He does all the bone pointing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
Thanks Crash . . .

Mid-eighties for the surf. Hate to say it, but I have a vintage Surfboards Australia in my quiver. Purchased it in Oz.

And the name - "Abbo Beach Spear".

This was right about the time the Stolen Generation controversy was gaining momentum.

Let's hear what Winds of Tara has to say.

Is there anything anywhere that says an Admin. can't be a kurdaitcha man?
(12-07-2010, 05:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Is there anything anywhere that says an Admin. can't be a kurdaitcha man?

i suspect you don't possess a bone to point at anyone. *snicker* hah

*gasp* Your mind is in the gutter...not mine.

I don't want anyone to die, I just want to make them wear clothes from like 15 yrs. ago & take away all their technology in their homes, innocent, harmless stuff like that.

Poof, you spend a year wearing a 1965 hairdo/haircut.

I could have big fun with a bone. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Tiki you are a rude fucking bitch.......Abbo's!!!!!!.....not even a fuckwit of an Australian will say that......trust an ignorant fucking yank .....let me tell you something you ignorant twit.......fairdinkum....l think you have a few kangaroos loose up in the top paddock of yours....my late husband was a full blooded aboriginal.....he died when l was 23....l was 7 months pregnant with our 2nd child.....l am white.....my 2 sons are 12 blood aboriginals......l remarried a white Man who adopted them both....they are proud of their heritage.....that word is as bad as the N word.....how fucking dare You....and my late husband was part of the stolen generation so dont fucking lecture me on the history of my country ...you know Shit.....l hope you all had a good laugh.....you bought tears to my eyes....l tried to explain it to you nicely........but fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you racist slag

Oh wow Smiley_emoticons_shocked

I wasn't laughing at you.

I love the idea of boning someone...putting the bone on...poof, you've been boned...by this bone, I thee bone you.

I'm all about having fun with the bone.

Tara, i understand your anger if that word is the same as the N-word. none of us were laughing at any racist connotation, just the "bone" reference since we really didn't know what it meant. i appreciated Crash's explanation. much like voodoo, it seems the power of suggestion can and does kill.

but nobody here was being racist i don't believe. just silly.