Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
a criminal pastor? nooooooo!
who would ever think it?? a criminal pastor! hah

Police say a prominent south Dallas pastor burglarized the home of her parishioner on Christmas Eve, MyFoxDallas-FortWorth.com reported Monday.

Sandra McGriff, who leads The Church of the Living God and is a member of a politically active family, spent much of Christmas Day in jail.

According to investigators, 51-year-old McGriff broke into Serita Agnew's home and tried to steal more than $10,000 worth of fur coats, designer purses and electronics.

They said a neighbor, who saw McGriff climb into Agnew's house through a broken window, called police. When officers arrived, they allegedly found McGriff loading stolen items into her car.

Police said McGriff used an alias, attacked officers and slipped out of a set of handcuffs before being charged with burglary and resisting arrest.

"I'm just, still, just really not believing it," Agnew said. "She's a powerful pastor … I can't even begin to put my level of rage in words"

With slurred speech she attributed to pain pills, McGriff said she is innocent.

"I'm a giver, not a taker. I'm not a burlgarer (sic)," she said.

McGriff said she was checking on the home when she spotted two burglars. She said she climbed in the window after them. HAHAHAHAHAHA

"I should have never gone in the house. I should have called the police. I admit that," she said.

McGriff has a criminal past that includes prostitution and fraud, but says she has turned her life around and would never harm Agnew.

"Out of all my history, I have never, ever, burglarized a home," she said.

Agnew doesn’t buy it and, she said, the McGriff name that can be found prominently displayed on several churches and businesses in the Oak Cliff neighborhood, is now tainted.

"I think she needs to find her way," Agnew said of McGriff.

McGriff is the sister-in-law to the late Bishop Larry McGriff, a clergyman who was active in local politics.

the pastor:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Dallas Morning News

A southern Dallas pastor and estranged member of a politically active family spent much of Christmas in jail after being accused of breaking into an east Oak Cliff home.

Police and jail records listed the woman arrested as Kathy Robinson, but Charles McGriff said Saturday that the jail mug shot of the arrested woman was of his sister-in-law, Sandra McGriff. She is charged with burglary of a habitation and resisting arrest.

Her husband, Weldon, is a brother of Bishop Larry McGriff, a clergyman who was active in local politics and interfaith work until his death in February. Larry McGriff was leader of Church of the Living God, on East Overton Road near Lancaster Road.

Neither Sandra McGriff nor Weldon McGriff could be reached for comment. She was released Saturday evening from the Dallas County Jail on bail totaling $26,000.

Police accuse Sandra McGriff of stealing more than $10,000 worth of clothing, purses and electronics from a home in the 2200 block of Village Way near Kiest Boulevard and Lancaster Road.

After a neighbor called police about the burglary about 5:30 p.m. Friday, officers arrived and found a broken kitchen window and saw McGriff carrying two fur coats out a back door of the home.

They also saw a laptop computer and three purses in the back seat of her blue Jaguar.

McGriff told officers that a friend had sent her to pick up her coats and that her arm was injured because she could not find a key under the doormat and had to break in through the window.

Police called the resident, Serita Agnew, who told them she had not given anyone permission to go into her house or take her property.

She also said that McGriff had called her to talk about an hour before the burglary was reported. During that conversation, Agnew told McGriff she was away from home visiting her daughter.

After McGriff was treated for the injured arm, officers struggled to arrest her. She slipped out of one set of handcuffs and resisted being restrained.

She slipped a second set of handcuffs off while waiting in a police car, and kicked and tried to scratch officers as they again restrained her.

Her brother-in-law, Charles McGriff, said his family's relationship with Sandra and Weldon McGriff had been strained for months as they had disagreements over how best to lead a church. Sandra and Weldon McGriff went on to start a new Church of the Living God, on Lancaster Road north of Kiest Boulevard.

"When my sister died in September ... [Weldon] didn't go to her funeral," Charles McGriff said.

Charles McGriff said he'd always known the woman as Sandy McGriff, not Kathy Robinson.

"We just don't know much about Sandy," he said. "We've always wondered where this woman came from."

On Saturday, the woman whose home was burglarized said she had mixed feelings about the incident because McGriff was her pastor. Agnew had known McGriff and her husband for about 10 years before joining their church.

"She really seemed to be this woman who had a connection with God," she said. "I still really can't believe it."

Attached Files
.jpg   sandy_mcgriff1227.jpg (Size: 2.97 KB / Downloads: 44)

Women can't be pastors, not biblical ones anyway.

I'm sure that she was torn between her life of crime and someone elses dime.
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

by Chris Parker in True Crime Report:

Let's be honest -- stealing beats shopping. No long lines, pushy salespeople or fumbling with your purse/wallet. Plus you know exactly what you're getting. There is the pesky problem of legality and, if you're so inclined, morality. But I suppose Sandra McGriff's covered, right? She and her husband have their own church.

However, a church is not a Krispy Kreme franchise, and it does not afford you the opportunity to wipe your ass with the 10 Commandments, in particular the eighth one, Thou Shalt Not Steal. McGriff must've forgotten that one because she was seen leaving neighbor Serita Agnew's backdoor carrying two fur coats Friday around 5:30 p.m. by the investigating officers. They also noticed a laptop and several purses in the backseat of her Jaguar. (Yes, she drives a Jaguar, but gets her purses and furs from her neighbor, who -- what? -- won't notice it's the same as her missing one?)

Officers discovered a broken kitchen window at the residence and upon questioning, McGriff told them a friend had sent her to pick up her coats and that her arm was injured because she could not find a key under the doormat and had to break in through the window. However, when they called Agnew, she said she'd told her nothing of the sort, but had talked to her just an hour earlier when she told McGriff she was away from home visiting her daughter. McGriff was arrested and accused of stealing more than $10,000 worth of clothing, purses and electronics.

McGriff and her husband Weldon started their own Church of the Living God after Weldon's brother Larry died, leaving disposition of the church he'd led unsettled. Weldon's other brother Charles is trying to keep the original Church of the Living God parish going.

For her part, Agnew is completely flummoxed. She'd known Weldon and Sandra McGriff for 10 years before joining their church. "She really seemed to be this woman who had a connection with God," she said. "I still really can't believe it."

.jpg   sandy-mcgriff_170.jpg (Size: 6.53 KB / Downloads: 40)

The pastor, with a criminal past including prostitution and fraud, slipped off her handcuffs when she was first apprehended, and gave police officers a false name.

HOW HOLY. hah

pastor's mugshot.
and lady victim with a couple of her furs.

(07-24-2016, 03:41 PM)jodylwilliams Wrote: ****************

Tsk Tsk. I edited your link out. If you want to post about this case, please do, but don't post links for my Members to click on, we don't know you. Thanks!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]