Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OUTRAGEOUS! westboro wingnuts will picket funerals of victims
link to story here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/09...06319.html

i felt this deserved a thread separate from the original story of shootings. i don't care what anyone's politics were, OR THE LITTLE GIRL's, they were MURDERED! i'm so outraged i cannot think of suitable epithets. Furious
one day God will get THEM!

a side note: that poor little murdered girl was born on 9/11.

i am surprised nobody has started shooting up this "church".

Westboro Baptist Church, the Topeka church known for its inflammatory anti-gay protests, plans to picket the funerals of the six people gunned down in Arizona on Saturday.

In a flier posted on its web site, the controversial church writes, "THANK GOD FOR THE SHOOTER -- 6 DEAD!" The message continues:

God appointed this rod for your sins! God sent the shooter! This hateful nation unleashed violent veterans on the servants of God at WBC--hoping to silence our kind warning to obey God and flee the wrath to come.
The flier claims that the shooting of both a House member and a federal judge -- the latter of whom was killed -- is god's punishment for judicial and Congressional action against the WBC. "God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He's sitting in Heaven laughing at you!" the announcement reads.

In graphic language, it continues:

Your federal judge is dead and your (fag-promoting, baby-killing, proud-sinner) Congresswoman fights for her life. God is avenging Himself on this rebellious house! WBC prays for your destruction--more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner--all. Your doom is upon you!
In December, Westboro Baptist Church picketed the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards. The group is known to display signs that say "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God For Dead Soldiers."

click for their filthy flier:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So, when THESE asswipes start dying...can we picket their funerals? What kind of signs can we carry?

Troll Sign_pervert Twat Oops Insane GaySmiley Slut

:badreinder: Stfu 97 85 ::devilban::
(01-09-2011, 06:37 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: i am surprised nobody has started shooting up this "church". [/color]

I am sorely fucking tempted. In this case, it's not hard to wish that somebody would. Really. That guy is scum of the earth.
Commando Cunt Queen
(01-09-2011, 07:41 PM)QueenBee Wrote: [b][color=#FFFFE0]So, when THESE asswipes start dying...can we picket their funerals? What kind of signs can we carry?

Thats a good idea!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Oh My God.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
i wouldn't want to be on the detail responsible for these imbecilic goons' safety if they picket that tragic child's funeral. she was born on 911 and died in a hail of bullets. they can die for their first-amendment rights. let them be martyrs to the banner of vicious stupidity.

the victims:

God is such a dick sometimes.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- Tucson just isn't that kind of town, says Christin Gilmer.

Gilmer is talking about Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, that has made its name picketing the funerals of people who died of AIDS, gay people, soldiers and even Coretta Scott King.

But when the church announced its intention to picket the funeral of a 9-year-old girl -- one of six people who died Saturday during the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- Gilmer and others in the college town put their feet down.

Tucson, said Gilmer -- who said two of the six people killed were friends -- is a "caring, loving, peaceful community."

"For something like this to happen in Tucson was a really big shock to us all," she said. "Our nightmare happened when we saw Westboro Baptist Church was going to picket the funerals."

They're planning an "angel action" -- with 8-by-10-foot "angel wings" worn by participants and used to shield mourners from pickets.

DiabloDiabloDiablo filth---->

Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- The Arizona State Legislature is expected to pass legislation Tuesday that will bar protesters at funerals from getting within 300 feet of services, a spokesman for the state Senate said.

The action, according to Senate spokesman Daniel Scarpinato, is in direct response to a controversial church's announcement that it will picket the funeral of Christina Green, the 9-year-old who was one of six people killed Saturday during the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- Tucson just isn't that kind of town, says Christin Gilmer.

Gilmer is talking about Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, that has made its name picketing the funerals of people who died of AIDS, gay people, soldiers and even Coretta Scott King.

But when the church announced its intention to picket the funeral of a 9-year-old girl -- one of six people who died Saturday during the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- Gilmer and others in the college town put their feet down.

Tucson, said Gilmer -- who said two of the six people killed were friends -- is a "caring, loving, peaceful community."

"For something like this to happen in Tucson was a really big shock to us all," she said. "Our nightmare happened when we saw Westboro Baptist Church was going to picket the funerals."

They're planning an "angel action" -- with 8-by-10-foot "angel wings" worn by participants and used to shield mourners from pickets.

DiabloDiabloDiablo fred phelps filth---->

Not a ban really, but protesters bust stay beyond 300 feet. They rushed it so it would be in place before funerals began for Saturday"s shooting victims..including the little girl. I guess the nutjobs from Westside Baptist were going to protest at the kid's services. If you read this article, there will be an "Angel Wall" at her funeral...the folks who where the big white angel wings to block the funeral attendees from the protesters. That was started back when Matthew Shepherd was killed.

Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- The Arizona Legislature is expected to pass legislation Tuesday that will bar protesters at funerals from getting within 300 feet of services, a spokesman for the state House said.

The action, according to House spokesman Daniel Scarpinato, is in direct response to a controversial church's announcement that it will picket the funeral of Christina Green, the 9-year-old who was among six people killed during Saturday's attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Arizona.

Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, has made its name by staging protests at funerals of people who died of AIDS, gay people, soldiers and even Coretta Scott King.

Tucson just isn't that kind of town, says Christin Gilmer, 26, referring to the actions of the church.

In addition to the expected legislation, some Tucson residents are planning an "angel action" -- with 8- by 10-foot "angel wings" worn by participants to shield mourners from picketers. Angel actions were created by Coloradan Romaine Patterson, who was shocked to find the Topeka church and its neon signs outside the 1999 funeral of Matthew Shepard, a young gay man beaten and left on a fence to die in Laramie, Wyoming.

"We want to surround them, in a nonviolent way, to say that our community is united," Gilmer said, who is helping organize the action. "We're a peaceful haven."

Gilmer added, "You don't mess with Tucson," describing it as "a little dot of blue in a sea of red."

But political persuasions don't matter, she said. Republicans, Democrats, independents, right, left and center -- they've all offered their support. Forty-two people have signed up on a Facebook page called "Build Angel Wings for the Westboro Funeral Counter-Protest and Meeting," and more than 4,500 have signed up on another page to "Show Support for the Families of the Tucson Shooting Victims."

Jeff Rogers, chairman of the Pima County Democratic Party, said Tuesday that his organization as well as the local Republican Party also will ask people to line the funeral routes to form a barricade if the church follows through on its planned protest.

"People, businesses, they're all donating material and money to build the angel wings," Gilmer said, adding that people are giving to a fund to help pay for services for the shooting victims.

Chelsea Cohen, a 20-year-old senior at the University of Arizona who launched the "Show Support" Facebook page, said she never expected such a response.

"Once I heard that the Westboro Baptist Church was coming, I felt like something should be done to show support for the families," she said. "I don't have any experience in organizing these things. I thought I might get 50 to 100 people."

Cohen said she thinks many who signed up on the Facebook page will be there "in spirit" on Thursday when mourners gather for the funeral of Christina, who was born September 11, 2001. But she added that Tucson is an active town and the response isn't likely to be small.

"This isn't a counterprotest," she said. "We wanted it to show support for the families and to show that Tucson is there with love and support."

The groups don't want to interfere with the funeral in any way, Cohen said.

"We plan on being completely silent, and we're asking people not to bring signs or make comments about the Westboro Baptist Church," she said.

The angels will be doing the same thing.

"We're going to silently stand there so people can mourn the death of a 9-year-old girl who died in a senseless tragedy," Gilmer said.

Cohen said several groups are planning to be at the funeral to show their support, and there is an effort afoot to bring them all together "into one group so we can all be on the same page."

"I hope that everyone there can convey the peaceful message that we want to convey, she said

And if the church picketers persist, the silent supporters will be on hand for the funerals of U.S. District Judge John Roll, Gabriel Zimmerman, Dorothy Morris, Dorwin Stoddard and Phyllis Schneck, the other five victims of Saturday's shooting. Giffords, who was shot in the head and is in critical condition, and 13 other people were wounded.

Westboro Baptist Church, founded by its spiritual leader, Fred Phelps, and run mostly by family members, did not respond to a request for an interview in time for this article. But a flier released by the church about the picket targets the Roman Catholic Church because Christina and her family were members.

"God hates Catholics!" the flier, posted on the church's website, says. "God calls your religion 'vain,' as it's empty of His truth; you worship idols!"
(01-11-2011, 04:31 PM)QueenBee Wrote: Gilmer added, "You don't mess with Tucson," describing it as "a little dot of blue in a sea of red."

WTF? Mental illness spans every political bent, religion, race, and economic class. Republicans didn't kill that little girl. A crazy fucking boy did. That comment pisses me the fuck off.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
In fact, if you want to be totally fucking honest, most people are republican in Arizona now because of the fucking illegal mexicans. They are tired of feeding Mexico's refuse. Illegals are also the reason literacy rates have declined steeply in the last ten years. Anytime you have a pocket of mexicans (and blacks) you have lowered the general IQ of an area. That's what pissed that crazy fucking boy off. Mexicans killed that little girl, not republicans. That is the fucking truth.

Whew. Said it. Feel much better now.
I know I sound like a racist crank, but I speak the truth. There is no point hiding it. If we confront these issues, people won't swallow their anger and get so pissy about political BS.

If one of us were to go to CNN and post that what do you think our chances would be of having it read on the air? I'd love to send people into a friggin' tizzy. :B
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Hahahaha. They would have the feds at your door.

People don't like the truth. But there is a limit to our charity and generosity. Americans are getting tired of being used. Too many people are making charity a way of life and taking too big of a chunk out of our hard-earned money. I don't want to give lazy fucks, English speakers or not, any more of my money. Get off your ass and pay for your own fucking house, your own fucking medical, your own fucking food, and stop taking money back as "tax refunds" that you didn't fucking earn. That's what I do, pathetic single mother that I am. Why can't everybody else do it too? Because it takes fucking hard work. Lazy fucks.
I hate getting up in the morning with a passion. I am a nightowl and prefer to be up all night and sleep until nine. But I can't. I have to get up and get going and go to work. I have no sympathy for people who can't, or won't, do the same. Fuck you people who don't work and take money from me. Just fuck you.

But I wouldn't kill over it. I will just give you dirty looks for using your gov't debit card in the grocery store.
Arizona Legislature unanimously passes bill meant to stop church from protesting at funerals of Tucson shooting victims.

those stinking goons (no better than the kkk) from the "church" have wisely decided not to picket the little girl's funeral. i guess they didn't want to be attending their own.

hahaha filthy swine were hacked. here is their new manifesto/response. what sheet-wearing assholes.

Draconian? Who talks like that? Oh yeah...crazy fucknutters.

It might be time to get the popcorn and a good seat.