Vintage advertising
WT Bloody F is the thing with the brown head in this ad?

[Image: imgParchmentcards481.jpg]
Sambo's cuz.

I like this one:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbsR8_WNt99GvkdBpBdjK...PRRabmTFcl]
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
More:
Golliwogs & Robertson's Jam

A classic Robertson's Jam Golly badge from the 1970s James Robertson & Sons, a British manufacturer of jams and preserves, began using the Golliwog as its trademark in the early 1900s. According to the company's promotional literature, it was in the United States, just before World War I, that John Robertson (the owner's son) first encountered the Golly doll. He saw rural children playing with little black rag dolls with white eyes. The children's mothers made the dolls from discarded black skirts and blouses. John Robertson claimed that the children called the dolls "Golly" as a mispronunciation of "Dolly." He returned to England with the Golly name and image.

By 1910 the Golly appeared on Robertson's product labels, price lists, and advertising material. Its appeal led to an enormously popular mail-away campaign: in return for 'Golly' tokens from their marmalade, Robertson's sent brooches (also called pins or badges) of Gollies playing various sports. The first brooch was the Golly Golfer in 1928. In 1932 a series of fruit badges (with Golly heads superimposed onto the berries) were distributed. In 1939 the popular brooch series was discontinued because the metal was needed for the war effort, but by 1946 the Golly returned.

Despite much criticism during the 1960s and '70s, they simply changed their logo's name to 'Golly', and continued to stand by their trusty mascot. Consequently, the collecting of Robertson's Golly memorabilia is a hobby in itself, with a vast array of promotional material and items to be collected.

In 1999 a Robertson spokesperson said, "He's still very popular. Each year we get more than 340,000 requests for Golly badges. Since 1910 we have sent out more than 20 million." Serious Robertson's collectors may have thousands of Golly badges in their collections. Nevertheless,Robertson's Golly badges still remain highly collectable, with the very rarest sometimes selling for more than £1,000, and even comparatively common and recent badges being worth £2.00–£3.00.

Other Robertson's Golly memorabilia includes such things as clocks, watches, tableware, porcelain figurines, jewelry, aprons, knitting patterns, playing cards, dolls, children's silverware sets, pencils, erasers, and, of course, the Golly tokens themselves.

Robertson pendant chains were introduced in 1956, and, soon after, the design of all Robertson Gollies changed from the Old Golly with pop eyes to the present Golly with eyes looking to the left. The words "Golden Shred" were removed from his waistcoat, his eyes were straightened, and his smile was broadened.

(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
Golliwogs (hahahaha) come from this book:
[Image: 16200-large.jpg]
Hahahahahahaha!

Big Pimpin' in muthafukkin Amsterdam!
Thats cool! hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: Vintage-Ads-toothdrops.jpg]

[Image: wrong-advertisements-women-13.jpg]
[Image: Gay.jpg]
[Image: vintage-drug-ads.jpg]
Vintage Advertising

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-23-2011, 08:08 PM)QueenBee Wrote: [Image: wrong-advertisements-women-13.jpg]

To all the women that came before me, thank you for fighting back against bullshit like this! Notworthy

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-24-2011, 09:53 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-23-2011, 08:08 PM)QueenBee Wrote: [Image: wrong-advertisements-women-13.jpg]

To all the women that came before me, thank you for fighting back against bullshit like this! Notworthy

You are talking about the "good old days" the tea baggers long for the return of Duch.

To the tea baggers women should be no more than kitchen based birthing mares.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
You don't care much for propaganda, do you OP? hahahahahaha
(04-24-2011, 11:36 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: You are talking about the "good old days" the tea baggers long for the return of Duch.

To the tea baggers women should be no more than kitchen based birthing mares.

Yep, The Governments income doubled when they lured the women away from the home by making them feel like they were being oppressed and held back.

Two taxable incomes per household, the american dream fulfilled.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I think there are probably many, MANY women out there who would prefer to stay home & raise their children rather than leaving to work every morning. The average working woman works because she has to not because she wants to.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(04-24-2011, 12:01 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Yep, The Governments income doubled when they lured the women away from the home by making them feel like they were being oppressed and held back.

Two taxable incomes per household, the american dream fulfilled.

Women WERE being repressed and held back, along with blacks, homosexuals, and people with physical and mental disabilities.

You are beginning to sound like shitstorm with your bullshit conspiracies about the government "tricking" women into independence.

hahTwat
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-24-2011, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: I think there are probably many, MANY women out there who would prefer to stay home & raise their children rather than leaving to work every morning. The average working woman works because she has to not because she wants to.[/i][/size]

I suggest you know your place woman and don't be giving me any god damn back chatter.

Now get back in the kitchen and fix me a turkey pot pie or POW! right in the kisser!

Ahhhhhh, the "good" old days when women and blacks knew their place.
(04-24-2011, 12:30 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: You are beginning to sound like shitstorm with your bullshit conspiracies about the government "tricking" women into independence.

And you still sound like the chattering idiot from the UK, but I don't let that stop me from understanding what you're all about.

Women were already independent, now they are slaves to the job, and taxman, who benefits from that?

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(04-24-2011, 12:52 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Women were already independent

Absolute complete and utter fucking horseshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_suffrage - Ring any bells retard?
(04-24-2011, 12:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I think there are probably many, MANY women out there who would prefer to stay home & raise their children rather than leaving to work every morning. The average working woman works because she has to not because she wants to.

I totally agree, Duchess. Staying at home and being a housewife just ain 't cutting it these days. I do not have children but would love the opportunity to stay home and let my husband bring home the bacon as it were, but we cannot afford it without kids.
And to be honest, I kind of like my job..but am at the age where I am looking ahead to wanting to retire and find it probably will not be happening on my timeline.